Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:50 PM   #817
Rookie

JCizzle93's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by throckmeisterz
Playing the same guy as a 4-3 LE in the nickle and dime packages you can get 7+ sacks per game. I usually play a different player at LE for every defensive formation, and all of them get well over 20 sacks per season. If I played one guy there all season, he would max out at 63 sacks every year. May be a bit off topic for this thread, (then again, after 82 pages, that's not such a crime), but I've never been able to get the 3-4 to work in this Madden. I've always preferred the 4-3 in Madden, but last year I tried a 3-4 with a lot of success, and this year I just can't get it to work at all. The coverage is worse than 4-3 coverage, and, even when I blitz often, I cannot get the pass rush to work at all. Plus, in the pseudo 4-3 formation, with OLBs lining up as DEs and the DEs playing pass rush DTs, the pass rush is way less effective than if you have the same exact players playing those positions in an actual 4-3. Really unhappy about the 3-4 this year, since I've spent 2+ hours building multiple 3-4 defensive teams only to abandon them after 1 or 2 games; I even went so far as manually creating the most dominant 3-4 imaginable out of all the best current NFL players: I'm talking a Ngata, Dareus, and Watt line; Aldon Smith, Von Miller, Willis, and Bowman at linebacker; Berry and Thomas at safety; and some great, well rounded corners. Even that defense didn't come close to as effective as even a mediocre 4-3. Maybe my 3-4 play calling isn't that great, but honestly neither is my 4-3 playcalling (I pretty much call man coverage every play in the 4-3, very rarely throwing in cover 3).
63 sacks a year? 7+ sacks a game? sounds like you're playing on Rookie..
Old 03-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #818
Banned

throckmeisterz's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
Two points:
- How do you get it so you have different players lines up at LE in different formations?

- I always play as the Niners so I'm very much use to 3-4 defence. I agree that the 4-3 seems to be more attractive in Madden as the best pass rushers are the LEs due to the problem with the RTs and because the CCM drafts seem to have more impact DEs (often speed rushers) than OLBs. I find Aldon and Brooks rarely gets sacks when I'm in my base 3-4 but I also rarely end up in my base formation as I'm constantly forced into nickel which pushes my OLBs into DEs.
In game you can substitute players if you call plays by formation; unfortunately, unlike previous Maddens, this year the game doesn't save your changes, so you have to make them every single game. It sucks, but I'm pretty addicted to making these substitutions. Just press R1 when selecting a play by formation to make these substitutions (at least that's the button on PS3, but I assume it's the same for xbox).

Actually, I almost always draft and play fast OLBs at DE. I have found very few DEs in the game that I actually like. Plus, strength is really really cheap for OLBs compared to DEs, and I like using power rushers, so strength helps a ton. I just look for 80+ speed OLBs with decent starting block shed who weigh at least 260 or so. I think I've only found one future draft DE in the game that I actually played beyond my base 4-3. In fact, I sometimes play 4 DTs in my base 4-3, just so I can stop the run without bothering to blitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCizzle93
63 sacks a year? 7+ sacks a game? sounds like you're playing on Rookie..
63 is just where Madden stops keeping track of season sacks; at max, I've had a single LE record closer to 100 sacks in a season, playing on All Pro, default sliders (other than min speed threshold, which I place at 30). It's really not that hard if you get the timing down. Oh, and I always emphasize power move; a player with great finesse move will get into the pocket as often as one with equivalent power move, but the power move gets you there faster, leading to more sacks.

Last edited by throckmeisterz; 03-02-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:41 AM   #819
Just started!

GoldyGopher's Arena

I have the Kody Meyer draft coming up and Keeshawn Hall isn't in it, anyone know any other fast corners with fast Development?

Also no Jarrius Gilliam!

I was looking to draft both based on previous posts, will they show up later?

Aspen's speed is only 84, is he still worth first rounder?

Burk is being called best LB, will he end up better than Aspen due to this storyline?

Anyone with insight on this draft...I'd appreciate!

Thank you to everyone who put this together.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #820
Just started!

About to do my first draft and I was wondering about some good defensive hidden players for draft 15 please and thank you all for the time you take to help players like myself!!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #821
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
In game you can substitute players if you call plays by formation; unfortunately, unlike previous Maddens, this year the game doesn't save your changes, so you have to make them every single game. It sucks, but I'm pretty addicted to making these substitutions. Just press R1 when selecting a play by formation to make these substitutions (at least that's the button on PS3, but I assume it's the same for xbox).

Actually, I almost always draft and play fast OLBs at DE. I have found very few DEs in the game that I actually like. Plus, strength is really really cheap for OLBs compared to DEs, and I like using power rushers, so strength helps a ton. I just look for 80+ speed OLBs with decent starting block shed who weigh at least 260 or so. I think I've only found one future draft DE in the game that I actually played beyond my base 4-3. In fact, I sometimes play 4 DTs in my base 4-3, just so I can stop the run without bothering to blitz.

63 is just where Madden stops keeping track of season sacks; at max, I've had a single LE record closer to 100 sacks in a season, playing on All Pro, default sliders (other than min speed threshold, which I place at 30). It's really not that hard if you get the timing down. Oh, and I always emphasize power move; a player with great finesse move will get into the pocket as often as one with equivalent power move, but the power move gets you there faster, leading to more sacks.
Thanks for the help on subs. I knew all that and was hoping you had a more permanent solution. Nevertheless, thanks.

In order to make the game harder, I have become very much against playing players out of position. I've gotten to the stage that I only draft big maulers for my OL and players who actually fit my schemes.

As for your sack levels, you really need to change those sliders. I played two games on default and racked up so many sacks it was stupid. Most of my sliders are somewhere between 10-30 with the CPU sliders all above 55 at the least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #822
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:

Why would you keep playing on default All-Pro if you are getting that many sacks with one guy?
Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #823
Banned

throckmeisterz's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Why would you keep playing on default All-Pro if you are getting that many sacks with one guy?
I've tried All Madden but found that it's no more realistic; the difficulty just comes from more ridiculous BS happening to your team. For example, rather than QBs making better decisions/passes, the comp just makes your guys worse at coverage. I don't see this as a challenge; I mean it's completely unrealistic to see a CB with 99 man be out of position by 10 yards. I've just given up thinking of Madden as remotely realistic, so I enjoy competing against myself for points and stats. I know I could mess with the sliders to make it more realistic, but I'm honestly too lazy to really spend the time adjusting sliders. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but you can adjust the sliders to create realistic-ish stats, but the gameplay will still not be remotely realistic. I don't see the fun in making my players look like high schoolers playing pros in order to get realistic stats.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #824
Rookie

JCizzle93's Arena

Quote:
I've tried All Madden but found that it's no more realistic; the difficulty just comes from more ridiculous BS happening to your team. For example, rather than QBs making better decisions/passes, the comp just makes your guys worse at coverage. I don't see this as a challenge; I mean it's completely unrealistic to see a CB with 99 man be out of position by 10 yards. I've just given up thinking of Madden as remotely realistic, so I enjoy competing against myself for points and stats. I know I could mess with the sliders to make it more realistic, but I'm honestly too lazy to really spend the time adjusting sliders. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but you can adjust the sliders to create realistic-ish stats, but the gameplay will still not be remotely realistic. I don't see the fun in making my players look like high schoolers playing pros in order to get realistic stats.
and getting 7+ sacks a game/63 sacks a year or 100 sacks for your LE is realistic? All-Pro isn't even fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »