Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #953
Rookie

JCizzle93's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Just finally had my first draft in my Cowboys CCM. I didn't get the game until April, so I haven't been playing long. We went 11-5 defeating the Redskins in the season finale by 3 points, and then curb-stomping them a week later in the wild card. We met our match, however, when we played the Bears and they defeated us 48-20. Tony Romo threw 6 interceptions in the game and was benched for Kyle Orton. I had originally planned on signing him to an extension this upcoming season, but after the playoff debacle, he is fighting for his job.

For the draft, I traded Miles Austin to the Packers for a 4th round pick, and entered the draft armed with all picks with my additional 4th.

The draft shook down like this:

-1st = corey gooden (wr)
-2nd = jake boyd (qb)
-3rd = austin mcdonald (de)
-4th = sylvester sanders (hb)
-4th = sergie wainwright (c)
-5th = adrain demarcus (olb)
-6th = travis bernard (cb)
-7th = jeffrey kendrick (dt)

So far in 3 preseason games, it looks like Gooden was worth the first pick #26 overall and has seamlessly taken over Miles Austin's role opposite Dez Bryant. He has 287 yards and 3 tds, and the guy flat out catches EVERYTHING. Very pleased with him so far. The other ones I am suprised about are running back Sylvester Sanders, center Sergie Wainwright, de Austin McDonald, and OLB Adrain DeMarcus. All of these guys are difference makers. Sergie was a great pick-up. I ended up placing the franchise tag on Phil Costa at center entering the offseason, but with no other attractive free agents or trades, i planned on sticking with him. After seeing how Wainwright played in preseason, I ended up trading away Phil Costa for a mid-round pick, and moved Sergie straight to starter.

Sanders entered a stable of backs that includes DeMarco Murray, Lance Dunbar, and Chris Ivory. Ivory and Murray carries the load, Dunbar is my scatback, and now Sanders will be playing the role of short yardage power back. He is an absolute bruiser and can't wait to get him more involved.

The qb battle got even more interesting after the first preseason game. Jake Boyd threw 5 picks in his first appearance on the field, and it looks like he will be more of a project than I initially hoped. I wanted to pick a qb to develop under Romo in his last year to take over next year. Boyd may be a few years out so i had to scramble to find another option. In came my scouting department, as we ended up trading Kyle Orton, tight end John Phillips, and a third round pick to the Broncos for QB Brock Osweiler and CB Chris Harris (81 overall filled Mike Jenkins' role after signing a massive 4 year deal with the Dolphins). On M12, I drafted Osweiler from the NCAA 12 class in the second round, and he ended up taking us to 3 Super Bowls and re-writing the record books. so I figured we could go for a return trip, and picked him up to compete with Boyd for the #2 to develop behind Romo. That decision turned to be fruitful as Osweiler has been nothing short of spectacular the last two games throwing up gaudy stats and leading the offense. With the final preseason game tonight, Boyd and Osweiler will battle it out. With the way things look, Osweiler is not only battling Boyd for #2, he is battling Romo as well. If Romo continues to disappoint like he has been, we may usher in a new era in Big D.
There needs to be more people like you who post stuff like this.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:17 AM   #954
Pro

OVR: 5

How many of you guys have drafted

HB Iran Montgomery
TE Aaron Lilly
OG Kody Worthy
OT Torrian Rouse
DE Chad Ricketts
DE John David-Matthews
or SS Michael Wright

They all were in the same draft after the 1st season for me. I am now in year 4 and Montgomery is a 95, Lilly is a 91, Worthy is a 90, Rouse is a 95, Ricketts is a 99 overall, David-Matthews is a 99 ovr, Michael Wright is a 96 ovr for me. I dont really remember what overall they started out as since I drafted them like 2-3 Weeks ago but seeing how they all entered the draft the same year and I had developed them into what they are for me today is just amazing to me lol For those who drafted 1 or some of those guys, how did they turn out for you?
Old 06-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #955
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCizzle93
If you like reading stuff like that, you should go to this forum -

http://www.operationsports.com/forum.../?daysprune=30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #956
Rookie

Has anyone else picked up MLB Daniel Office? I think he is one of the top 5 defensive players you can draft. His 96 speed is just ridiculous for a MLB, it took me a 1 1/2 to get his ovr rating up to 84 but he has been all over the field from day one for me.

Last edited by Inferno2ss; 06-04-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #957
Rookie

JCizzle93's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2ss
Has anyone else picked up MLB Daniel Office? I think he is one of the top 5 defensive players you can draft. His 96 speed is just ridiculous, it took me a 1 1/2 to get his ovr rating up to 84 but he has been all over the field from day one for me.
What draft class is he in? I desperately need a new MLB since David Harris retired.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #958
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Thanks man! See my sig - I did a full dynasty of VT on NCAA 11 I believe it was that lasted around 7-8 seasons. I get into my football games!

Old 06-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #959
Rookie

Quote:
What draft class is he in? I desperately need a new MLB since David Harris retired.
He is in draft class #16 with Arnez Boston and Marvis Greene.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #960
Rookie

Quote:
Who are some of the best UDFA in the entire game??
For me the best UDFA WR is Kenny Timm by a long shot. 6' 5" with 99 speed, 99 agility, 80 str, 80 catching, 76 CIT, 98 jumping. His awareness is only around 28 but I think that is a good thing as I was able to lock him up for 6 years for next to nothing after his rookie season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »