Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM72382
They already addressed your question pretty clearly so learn how to read. Said someone who cannot comprehend a paragraph insults someone over there grammer in a madden forum lol
My question had multiple parts... I never disagreed that part of my post was answered by the intro because my question asked them to explain that in a more in-depth way. It seems like you can't comprehend a paragraph because you didn't realize that I asked multiple questions... Regardless, I don't feel like dealing with a Mets fan and someone that is most likely under the age of 14.

Anyways, I would appreciate it if you guys could answer my questions, or at least the one about projected picks. Thanks.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #18
Rookie

This is awesome. Can't wait to see draft #4, as that's my current season
Old 09-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by touretteskid101
Seeing as how Madden tried to make it so it was hard to create draft guides this year, I am curious about the method that you used to evaluate the players. For example, what happened if a storyline player dropped out of the draft? Did you restart the current season? Another question is when did you take note of a player's projected draft position (it changes throughout the season for some players)?
Currently, the guide is not complete in regards to storyline players. We are still doing research and in fact are asking for our guide users to assist if possible. We have some theories so far as to when (ie, what point in the CC) the storyline arcs are determined, among other aspects, but will hold off on discussing them until we have some more information.

If a storyline player dropped out of the draft, that did not affect any of the other players in the draft that we're aware of (other than a pick or two difference in projection), so there would be no reason to reload.

We noted the players' projected draft positions in stage 7 of the offseason (right before the draft). Again, only storyline players will change, as stated in the guide, and that info (for storyline players) cannot be relied on to be accurate until we know most or all of the story arcs.

-rdm
Old 09-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsoncal15
Sorry to disappoint you Fr8 but you were not cynical enough about EAs lies. There are 30 classes with 900+different scenarios. That is why they state the 900 number. All of the non storyline players will remain the same, the differences in class come in the 7-10 storyline players. Things like injuries, going to broadway, entering another sport and other various twists is where you get the difference.

What it really comes down to with this guide is that you no longer need to scout the non storyline players development and you can just focus on the attributes that you deem important. Based on the twists during the season you should have a good idea of where the storyline players will be as far as development and other skills.

Hope this helps a little.

gbclaymaker52
I can't tell you how disappointed this makes me. The last 2 years I made my own draft guides for people at the MSL, that included all the ratings and progressions... I was hoping those days were gone lol....at least I don't have to worry about 3 year progressions

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7

First off, please keep it civil. I'm glad that people got the slow development joke, but I didn't mean for it to be used as an attack.

As for how we went into creating this guide, we thought much like many people did that the draft classes were going to be completely randomized making it hard to do a draft based on "Potential" like previous draft guides. So when rdm and I started playing the game and saving each draft we kept track of different things to see if anything became the same. After doing several offline and online CCM's we noticed that the draft classes were going in the same exact order, like a giant clock with 30 numbers on it, the starting point just changed when you first started your CCM. It doesn't change during the week between preseason week 4 and the 1st week of the regular season like several previous madden franchises had. The storyline plays also HAD to go in the order they were because sometimes a player would have a story about being the brother or cousin of a star NFL player, who had come out just the previous draft. That wouldn't work if the order was randomized. We figured out that really only the storyline players changed, yet so far haven't seen development change from just the two of us (even with differing story lines), but that doesn't mean for sure that it doesn't.

The current plan is to continue to add the rest of the draft classes into the guide, (we have them all saved, but just have to enter data which should happen shortly) and then to list possible storyline arcs for each player so that you know what CAN happen, and what it typically affects, and IF it affects development. For this info we need people to post information on it though because we are only two people and will only have access to a limited amount of the possible story lines. I figure that each of the players with multiple arcs probably have 3 stories. Injury or Lowering (does bad at something), Overachiever or Increasing (does well at something), and career change (position, stay in school, come out early, switch sports, etc.). Hopefully we will be able to track all of these for the players it affects.

Thanks again for all the support guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 02:56 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFraychineaud
First off, please keep it civil. I'm glad that people got the slow development joke, but I didn't mean for it to be used as an attack.

As for how we went into creating this guide, we thought much like many people did that the draft classes were going to be completely randomized making it hard to do a draft based on "Potential" like previous draft guides. So when rdm and I started playing the game and saving each draft we kept track of different things to see if anything became the same. After doing several offline and online CCM's we noticed that the draft classes were going in the same exact order, like a giant clock with 30 numbers on it, the starting point just changed when you first started your CCM. It doesn't change during the week between preseason week 4 and the 1st week of the regular season like several previous madden franchises had. The storyline plays also HAD to go in the order they were because sometimes a player would have a story about being the brother or cousin of a star NFL player, who had come out just the previous draft. That wouldn't work if the order was randomized. We figured out that really only the storyline players changed, yet so far haven't seen development change from just the two of us (even with differing story lines), but that doesn't mean for sure that it doesn't.

The current plan is to continue to add the rest of the draft classes into the guide, (we have them all saved, but just have to enter data which should happen shortly) and then to list possible storyline arcs for each player so that you know what CAN happen, and what it typically affects, and IF it affects development. For this info we need people to post information on it though because we are only two people and will only have access to a limited amount of the possible story lines. I figure that each of the players with multiple arcs probably have 3 stories. Injury or Lowering (does bad at something), Overachiever or Increasing (does well at something), and career change (position, stay in school, come out early, switch sports, etc.). Hopefully we will be able to track all of these for the players it affects.

Thanks again for all the support guys.

Thanks for the response. I like the way you guys set this up. I will contribute my 2 cents on this: In the Louis Glover (#6, QB, Georgia) Draft I have seen 2 different outcomes for him. In the one he went on to win the Heisman and is projected to be a Top 5 pick with a 1 (AVG) development trait. In the other outcome, he got injured for 4 weeks about halfway through the season and thus dropped out of the draft.

Also, if a player (in this case Louis Glover) drops out of the draft, will he appear in next years draft?
Philadelphia Flyers
Penn State Nittany Lions
Villanova Wildcats
Old 09-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #23
Rookie

Within minutes of voicing my disdain for the 900 Story lines, and only 30 draft classes... Looman tweeted me lol

Had a decent discussion, about Development Trait, lol

Looking for some leagues to take our on MSL Competition Team in a mini tournament! Let me know if you are interested.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by touretteskid101
Thanks for the response. I like the way you guys set this up. I will contribute my 2 cents on this: In the Louis Glover (#6, QB, Georgia) Draft I have seen 2 different outcomes for him. In the one he went on to win the Heisman and is projected to be a Top 5 pick with a 1 (AVG) development trait. In the other outcome, he got injured for 4 weeks about halfway through the season and thus dropped out of the draft.

Also, if a player (in this case Louis Glover) drops out of the draft, will he appear in next years draft?
So you didn't notice if Glover's Dev changed? *It hasn't for the different storyline players we've seen* If the player gets injured they don't appear in the scouting window, but often will appear IN the draft anyway, you just can't scout them after the injury (probably because they are injured, how are you going to work them out?). Which is clever although frustrating. If they return to school they appear in the next draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »