Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #289
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
WEIRD.

In the Jason Merian class there is a WR named Je-Marc Morris that has a HUGE head. It'sso distracting that I am trading him. It's really silly looking. Sad, he's a stud.

Just wanted to warn you guys.
Steven Grant (the really fast HB from Draft 28) has a pretty huge head as well. Sadly I can't really find anyone else who's decent and as fast as he is (even accounting for the Slow DEV that he ended up with in my story).

I'm up to draft 1 now, even D'Cota Bell has low-90s speed, and I thought he was a burner too. Dammit!
Old 10-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #290
Rookie

Used this guide in my Jacksonville franchise. Crazy, one draft can turn a team around with this guide! Hell it's like just really doing your scouting well lol, I see no problem with it offline.

Got a WR, 2 CBs, MLB, TE that are all studs. The TE Austin Wales, if you see him, grab him, projected to go in the 7th round, I took him in the 4th. He's not overly fast, but he's 6'7' and has incredible hands. He's my leading receiver and the new Graham/Gronk in my CC. He can't really be defended. CBs came out at 84 and 81 overall respectively and have been awesome. I also signed Matt Schaub, sitting at 4-0 after going 5-11 the first year...
Old 10-29-2012, 04:18 PM   #291
Rookie

OVR: 2

Has anyone had draft #29 and know some good players from it? thanks and nice guide it helps a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #292
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushdown
Steven Grant (the really fast HB from Draft 28) has a pretty huge head as well. Sadly I can't really find anyone else who's decent and as fast as he is (even accounting for the Slow DEV that he ended up with in my story).

I'm up to draft 1 now, even D'Cota Bell has low-90s speed, and I thought he was a burner too. Dammit!

Yeah, I drafted Grant. Beast RB, was a good choice. But his heas is a bit big for his body.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 AM   #293
Just started!

First of all I wanna say thanks to everyone involved in this guide. I started using it last season and its been nothing but Helpful. Now I have a few questions...

This is the first season in my CCM and Im the seahawks, my starting class is 11. Seeing as i dont want to keep Russel Wilson. I think im going to draft a QB at some point during the draft, especially since it looks like next years class is barren at the position. To my first question, Is Konnor Sheppard worth the high pick or should I go for N. Upshaw? Are the Overalls also based on the development grade? Or is Sheppard going to 7 or 8 overall points higher to start?

I feel like the holes in seattle are plentiful, and I could use the #1 pick on a lineman or a defender. If anyone has any advice or has been down this road already I would greatly appreciate Input. Thank you
Old 10-30-2012, 11:07 AM   #294
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidRainDrops
First of all I wanna say thanks to everyone involved in this guide. I started using it last season and its been nothing but Helpful. Now I have a few questions...

This is the first season in my CCM and Im the seahawks, my starting class is 11. Seeing as i dont want to keep Russel Wilson. I think im going to draft a QB at some point during the draft, especially since it looks like next years class is barren at the position. To my first question, Is Konnor Sheppard worth the high pick or should I go for N. Upshaw? Are the Overalls also based on the development grade? Or is Sheppard going to 7 or 8 overall points higher to start?

I feel like the holes in seattle are plentiful, and I could use the #1 pick on a lineman or a defender. If anyone has any advice or has been down this road already I would greatly appreciate Input. Thank you
if you wait a year or two, u can get jordan parks, who is an great pocket passer with star development.

russ wilson isnt that bad though, and you could keep him for a few years too

sheppard is a storyline player so drafting him depends how he turns out
Old 10-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #295
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidRainDrops

Konnor Sheppard as long as he has a good year, is definitely worth the high pick. Although chances are he will go overall #1. But you should make it happen. Trade your 1st round and a good player (Sidney Rice maybe) or other picks to get him. Sheppard if he has a good year, is as good as Jordan Parks or any other QB. He is easily one of the top 5 QBs in the game (talking about generated rookies). His OVR is as high as 86 if he has a good year. Upshaw is a 66 OVR. No matter what. Big difference between the two.

You can get some steals in this draft for you offensive line. I'll list a few that I would draft:
QB - Konnor Sheppard - OVR 86 - 1st Round (Probably #1 overall) Superstar
FB - Nicolai Sokolov - OVR 86 - 3rd Round - Superstar (He can moved to DE sometimes, if he does, I don't think he's worth the pick there)
WR - Mustafa Spain - OVR 86 - 3rd Round - Fast (This guy is absolutely worth it. He will be your # 1 WR for years). 6'4" 90 Speed
TE - Rico Rose - OVR 79 - 4th Round - Superstar (Not a great TE, but a steal in the 4th for some added depth).
LT - Andre Simmons - OVR 80 - 4th Round - Superstar (Big Mauler Scheme)
LG - Darious Calloway - OVR 83 - 3rd Round - Superstar (Zone Blocking)
C - Colt McKinney - OVR 89 - 3rd Round - Fast (Zone Blocking)
RG - Kevin Finner - OVR 85 - 2nd Round - Superstar (Zone Blocking)
RT - Victor Frederick OVR 74 - 4th Round - Superstar (Zone Blocking)
LE - Kendall Tomlinson OVR 82 - 5th Round - Fast (balanced 4-3)
RE - Traevon Sykes OVR 87 - 1st Round - Superstar (Speed / Balanced) 86 Speed
DT - Nikolas Beerhalter OVR 78 - 3rd Round - Superstar (Prototype)
LOLB - Leon Williams OVR 76 - 6th Round - Fast
MLB - Davion Butler OVR 76 - 5th Round - Superstar (Balanced)
ROLB - Johnny Wilson OVR 81 - 3rd Round - Fast
CB - Nikloss Harris OVR 81 - 3rd Round - Superstar (Balanced)
CB - Kion Davis OVR 79 - 6th Round - Superstar (Man-Man)

There are a couple more superstars but they are in 1st round. So it would be hard to get them all, without trading away a lot. And there's a few superstars worth drafting in every draft. But Konnor Sheppard with a good year is worth it, he is a franchise QB. Rockford Odom is my favorite, but he is at least 10 years away from you.

Scout Sheppards Development and check it before you draft. If he is at Superstar, then draft him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #296
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks13
Konnor Sheppard as long as he has a good year, is definitely worth the high pick. Although chances are he will go overall #1. But you should make it happen. Trade your 1st round and a good player (Sidney Rice maybe) or other picks to get him. Sheppard if he has a good year, is as good as Jordan Parks or any other QB. He is easily one of the top 5 QBs in the game (talking about generated rookies). His OVR is as high as 86 if he has a good year. Upshaw is a 66 OVR. No matter what. Big difference between the two.

You can get some steals in this draft for you offensive line. I'll list a few that I would draft:
QB - Konnor Sheppard - OVR 86 - 1st Round (Probably #1 overall) Superstar
FB - Nicolai Sokolov - OVR 86 - 3rd Round - Superstar (He can moved to DE sometimes, if he does, I don't think he's worth the pick there)
WR - Mustafa Spain - OVR 86 - 3rd Round - Fast (This guy is absolutely worth it. He will be your # 1 WR for years). 6'4" 90 Speed
TE - Rico Rose - OVR 79 - 4th Round - Superstar (Not a great TE, but a steal in the 4th for some added depth).
LT - Andre Simmons - OVR 80 - 4th Round - Superstar (Big Mauler Scheme)
LG - Darious Calloway - OVR 83 - 3rd Round - Superstar (Zone Blocking)
C - Colt McKinney - OVR 89 - 3rd Round - Fast (Zone Blocking)
RG - Kevin Finner - OVR 85 - 2nd Round - Superstar (Zone Blocking)
RT - Victor Frederick OVR 74 - 4th Round - Superstar (Zone Blocking)
LE - Kendall Tomlinson OVR 82 - 5th Round - Fast (balanced 4-3)
RE - Traevon Sykes OVR 87 - 1st Round - Superstar (Speed / Balanced) 86 Speed
DT - Nikolas Beerhalter OVR 78 - 3rd Round - Superstar (Prototype)
LOLB - Leon Williams OVR 76 - 6th Round - Fast
MLB - Davion Butler OVR 76 - 5th Round - Superstar (Balanced)
ROLB - Johnny Wilson OVR 81 - 3rd Round - Fast
CB - Nikloss Harris OVR 81 - 3rd Round - Superstar (Balanced)
CB - Kion Davis OVR 79 - 6th Round - Superstar (Man-Man)

There are a couple more superstars but they are in 1st round. So it would be hard to get them all, without trading away a lot. And there's a few superstars worth drafting in every draft. But Konnor Sheppard with a good year is worth it, he is a franchise QB. Rockford Odom is my favorite, but he is at least 10 years away from you.

Scout Sheppards Development and check it before you draft. If he is at Superstar, then draft him.
Thank you lots of good info here. Will definitely Make Spain a top priority, I thought about holding out for Parks but idk, Idk if i want to wait that long with Russel. On the other hand, I could go out and get Slim Jenkins(If he turns out okay) and Beef up the line for the next two drafts to get ready for Parks. Decisions, decisions. Cheers mates

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »