Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #401
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MAC©®
BBQ always gets injured for me too. He has impressive speed but his OVR is 54 Dev is 0, too much of project for me to take on.

Don't miss out on the Smoke sweepstakes, grab him @ #1 @ all cost, he's a stud!!!
Just took Smoke as #1 overall last night, he has unreal attributes! Also, got MLB K.Maeweather in 2nd :round(84ovr) and another superstar CB AJ Jones(78ovr?) in 3rd.

thanks for all of the help y'all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #402
Rookie

I took Pharoah Phillips (as a QB) and the dudes kind of a beast. I don't see an option to upgrade his development. Does that mean he has superstar development?
Old 11-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #403
Rookie

OVR: 4
I have Phillips he was avg dev when I drafted him. But his speed arm strength and accuracy are good. Only problem is his pic is white and on field he is black with dreads
Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #404
ssc
Rookie

ssc's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbs87
I took Pharoah Phillips (as a QB) and the dudes kind of a beast. I don't see an option to upgrade his development. Does that mean he has superstar development?
Yeah, if there's no option to upgrade that means you got him as a SS development. Congratulations, you have Cam Newton v2.0.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #405
Just started!

Any info on draft class 10 my draft is tomorrow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #406
Banned

where are stats for non story players?
Old 11-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #407
ssc
Rookie

ssc's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon2x
Any info on draft class 10 my draft is tomorrow
You got lucky, this is an extremely solid draft. This is per my experience with the draft, which I've had quite a few times now. I won't comment on players I haven't used:

OFFENSE

QB
Sam Farris is an absolute STUD and one of the better passing QBs in the entire game, perhaps better than Jordan Parks. He will be drafted high.
Dakota Hutchinson is an EXCELLENT value at quarterback late. Great passer. Quick development.

RB
Shoulders, Turner and Dawkins are all good, solid running backs. Shoulders has tended to be injury prone in my experience. I've had good success with Bo Turner as a long-term solution. Very reliable.

WR
Jabari Price is, IMO, the only WR that is worth much in this draft unless you're in dire need. The others are simply "okay."

TE
Wells is a beast. Extremely reliable, especially as a late pick. Aside from Byron Steele is probably one of my highest rated TEs in the game.
DeAngelo McClaine is also an efficient and reliable TE who develops well. If you draft these two TEs you could have a serious wrecking crew.

OL
I'm personally not a big fan of Unga, especially for his position in the draft. I'd avoid unless dire need.
RT Sanders is the only other lineman I have experience with. Solid started, he could be a long-term solution as a RT or LT in my experience. (I am a run heavy / West coast guy.)

DEFENSE

DT
Jakari Christmas develops into an insane 4-3 defensive tackle over his career. I'd skip if you're running a 3-4 though, truthfully. There is value later with...
Hargove and Baltimore. Both are, IMO, some of the best "pure" 3-4 nose tackles in the game. I have picked up both many times in the past. They CAN play the 4-3 okay, especially together, but they also maintain pretty good ratings as DEs most of the time, dependent upon your scheme. Great value(s) IMO.

DE
Shaw is a beast, and a great value in my experience. Not much to say... stick him at LE and he'll do well for you.
I am NOT a fan of Seymour.

OLB
Aleon Slaughter is one of my favorite outside linebackers in the game. He can rush the pass and his skills can be honed to play coverage as well. Instinctive, athletic, awesome value. One of my "cornerstones."
R Hill is decent, same with Dozier. Not sure Dozier is worth a first round pick, though.

MLB
Jason Judge is, unquestionably, one of the best linebackers in the entire game. Perhaps THE best. What's interesting is sometimes he's not a story player at all... and will fall to a LATE round but still be a monster. Other times he's a top-5 pick. Either way, I've never seen him as a bust and he is just a beast, HOF'er waiting to happen. I would pursue him if you have the tools/any sort of need whatsoever to do so.
Monroe and Anderson are both good values late in the draft. Solid players. Nothing amazing but I've drafted them several times when others were off the board and I didn't regret it. I'd probably prefer Anderson if someone put a gun to my head.

CBs
I have experience with Hicks, Ladyman and Kimble. All are decent, and good late picks, depending on your scheme. I've had the most consistency and success with Ladyman so I'll give him my endorsement.

S
Hall and Woods are both really good safeties in the first round. I've had them anchor my defenses many times with little to complain about.
West comes out slightly lower rated, but plays better than his rating in my opinion. Good value if you're willing to put forth some time and effort into developing him.

P
Murphy is actually a good, solid punter if you feel so inclined, haha. I've stuck him at Kicker and he develops well.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #408
Rookie

Anyone got any info on Draft Class 17? I have my draft this weekend. TIA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »