Home

Linebacker Play vs. The Draw: URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED!

This is a discussion on Linebacker Play vs. The Draw: URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #9
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Linebacker Play vs. The Draw: URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
What's up, Big. Good to see you too.

And yeah, I've was underwhelmed by the finished product. So, I thought it was a good idea to go into exile.

I keep trying to give the game a chance, though, so I had to come out of lurk mode over this, because it's driving me up the wall and I think/hope it's something that's fixable.
Very nice to see The Senator back and hitting on all cylinders.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #10
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
I think draw plays should be set up much like playaction as they're essentially the same play. I can understand if the linebackers drop back on a 3rd or 4th and long or if the run game has been nonexistent the whole game, but linebackers usually read for the run first no matter their assignment and to drop back immediately screams rookie mistake. Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher shouldn't be making those mistakes.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I think draw plays should be set up much like playaction as they're essentially the same play. I can understand if the linebackers drop back on a 3rd or 4th and long or if the run game has been nonexistent the whole game, but linebackers usually read for the run first no matter their assignment and to drop back immediately screams rookie mistake. Ray Lewis and Brian Urlacher shouldn't be making those mistakes.
Last line cant be overstated, its the football sense that makes Lewis and Urlacher better than the faster, stronger, more agile players on the bench.

With the game configured this way, your not seeing a difference between then Ravens defense with or without Lewis. Infact, based on not having a tangible leadership / veteran boosts or abilitys, you can make a case that Ellerbee might play better than Lewis in some plays.

That's the core that makes this game lose replay value so fast, the drop off for any player other than the HB or QB seems non existent.

Just played a game, where the Bears defense ignored Fitzgerald was in the slot to double Early Doucet? Literally left Fitz so alone, I threw him the ball just to keep him company.

Not gonna find a better combo of high upside / grizzled ( no pun ) vets than the Bears. After watching names like Urlacher, Wright and Tillman make a play that would get a High School player benched, I shot a vid and turned it off.

Edit - By tangible difference I am referring to something that is noticed from an offensive production standpoint. Not through a box at lights up when I hit pause and sift through Hot and Cold players.

I want to see a defense lack composure and focus when key defensive players aren't on the field. This boils back to having people involved with this game that played. I took it upon myself to lead my secondary, I told people who to cover if they didn't know or forgot / didn't hear a play call. It's that stuff that makes a world of difference in real football but is non existent in Madden.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 10-02-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 03:13 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I guess Brian Urlacher's Awareness and Play Recognition arent very high?...Or maybe ratings really dont matter like weve been saying for years...Or maybe the Devs think were stupid and wont notice things like this in the game.

That evidence you showed is incredible bc it shows just how much the Devs either bypass the fundamentals of football, or are just too plain lazy to implement them correctly. And whats even more frustrating is that it was done better years earlier....SMH if i had a nickle for how many times thats been said regarding Madden I could buy Ea and help develop a real NFL SIM.

Everytime I see something like this pop up in the forums I thank BestBuy for their incredible trade in deals lol

This has been the story of madden this entire generation. One thing is done right(or halfway right) and another thing gets broken in the process. Instead of fixing the thing that was broken they just piece it together with a bandaid and some glue...then slap a new feature title on it...

Im not a ***** of EA I just call it how I see it, I just like everyone else want Madden to be the best Video Game Representation of the NFL it can be. It all boils down to whether the guys down at EA/Tiburon do too
Old 10-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

I noticed the same thing when I still had NCAA 13, and I tried to counteract it by setting my zone depth to aggressive. I haven't noticed a similar adjustment here, I imagine it's not there.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm just curious... how does the AI handle it if you run the draw against a man D?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMoody21
Last line cant be overstated, its the football sense that makes Lewis and Urlacher better than the faster, stronger, more agile players on the bench.

With the game configured this way, your not seeing a difference between then Ravens defense with or without Lewis. Infact, based on not having a tangible leadership / veteran boosts or abilitys, you can make a case that Ellerbee might play better than Lewis in some plays.
I tell you, this drove me up a wall soooo much in M12.

Seeing Ellerbee play like he did in Madden, but then be his clueless self like in the game vs the Browns where he didn't take his zone far enough outside and left an alley - I'm like "only in Madden would Ellerbee play that right."

PRC and AWR just don't seem to have enough impact on defense, at least not in M12 and it sounds like it's that way again in M13.

Like one other poster mentioned, this is why I put the run reaction high in M12 - I couldn't stand seeing the LBs "play" like they did. This draw "defense" the LBs take in M12 was one of the main reasons why.

I really, really hope the whole front seven is overhauled in M14. Bad LB play just...ugh...can't stand it in real life or Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by atc43
I guess Brian Urlacher's Awareness and Play Recognition arent very high?...Or maybe ratings really dont matter like weve been saying for years...Or maybe the Devs think were stupid and wont notice things like this in the game.
I think the mental and technique ratings are far too understated. I won't say "don't matter at all" because, low enough, they do (I used fatigue to get them down that far) but for the most part, it still doesn't matter enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »