Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #801
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnhouse
I noticed in CCM Online Franchise on XBOX 360 that every time I pull up the depth chart during a game it locks up. Anyone else having this problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler2Marshall2012
I was looking at Andrew Lucks stats and it froze on the retrieving data screen. Just remember save often I lost a win because of that.
Can you save during a game? I thought you had to complete the game before you could save it. Thanks for the reply.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #802
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnhouse
Can you save during a game? I thought you had to complete the game before you could save it. Thanks for the reply.
EA does not have in-game saves in any of their sports games.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #803
Banned

OVR: 32
This game is rough... Don't get me wrong, it plays better after the patch. The physics really are the only thing I can find that I truly like over 12. The graphics, lighting, player models, stadiums, fields, franchise, running animations, and AI, all took a step back in 13. Even more disappointing... The game is still riddled with bugs.

My fear is that these guys on this development team have more of an arcade mindset than simulation. I certainly hope they don't take the game in that direction. I am hoping more than ever, they lose exclusivity, because if not, and that is the direction they are taking, we sim players may just have to stick with Madden 12.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #804
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That is nice but the much bigger problem for late game AI is the cpu running the ball when they have little time left and should be throwing it. Seeing Tom Brady call a running play with only 1 WR on the field from my 20 with 2 seconds left is absurd and others are seeing the same thing. This was not a problem in M12.

Has anyone on All-Pro found it easier to run the ball after the patch? I've been breaking quite a few long runs lately and I don't think my skills have gotten any better.
If you guys were familiar with how the playcalling logic has been programmed into this game in the past, then you can fully appreciate just how ridiculous it is that a problem like this makes it into the game.

In the past, every play in every playbook was tagged to certain in-game situations. So a play can be tagged "3rd and long", "short yardage", "two minute offense", etc...there were literally dozens of different tags. You can actually see somewhat how this works in the gameplanning feature.

It's simply a matter of looking at a playbook and determining which plays are going to be tagged with the appropriate scenarios, and I'm betting this was simply not done. I do not believe that this is a huge problem with the game engine, just sloppy work. I've looked at this stuff and edited it myself in Madden 08 for the PC. To do one playbook might take 30-45 minutes. I created a run-n-shoot playbook, set the AI for the playbook, and it worked beautifully. The Houston Oilers threw 47 times and ran 16, and the 16 runs were all draws and delays which they mostly ran late in the game because they were ahead - because I, who am not a programming guru or a developer, took the 20 minutes to set the AI for the playbook.

This, folks, is the real reason to be upset. Someone has pointed out that certain teams follow the correct logic. My guess is that the AI for their particular playbooks has been correctly set.

Last edited by JTommy67; 10-20-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #805
Rookie

ProbieByKO's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
EA does not have in-game saves in any of their sports games.
Except Tiger Woods.
Toronto Blue Jays (2005- )
Toronto Raptors
Toronto FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #806
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can you change your playbook in online CC yet? I am tired of practicing with one playbook.

I mean the "default" playbook. I know you can pick whatever book you want before you ready up for a game.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #807
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbieByKO
Except Tiger Woods.
Did not know that. Gives me hope that maybe EA adds this feature for next year. Considering Madden on the PS2 had it and the baseball games and NBA 2K have had it for years I really hope EA adds it soon.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #808
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
That is nice but the much bigger problem for late game AI is the cpu running the ball when they have little time left and should be throwing it. Seeing Tom Brady call a running play with only 1 WR on the field from my 20 with 2 seconds left is absurd and others are seeing the same thing. This was not a problem in M12.

Has anyone on All-Pro found it easier to run the ball after the patch? I've been breaking quite a few long runs lately and I don't think my skills have gotten any better.
First thing I have learned since coming over to the Dark Side from Head Coach, from reading on here, and now experience, is play on All-Madden only. Everything in the game seems to work better on All-Madden but I do not control any of my players and use auto-qb (coach) mode also. Heck I'll even super sim my FGs of over 30 instead of manually kicking them.

But, what I'm trying to say is (and only a 7 game sample) that since switching to a-m I have seen much more "consistent" ai at both end of halfs and throughout a game. Again though, I can't compare to other Maddens or even the difference that controlling a player may make, so take this for what it is worth, prolly not much

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »