Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
So, I have a question for you guys then, ( I think I know the answer but I'll ask anyway for comparison purposes) if you took the best football from every Madden game, for example, in Head Coach, the LBs do not immediately pedal back to their assigned zone if the play is a draw...they actually stutter step and then crash the line once they realize it is a Draw, so, with that example, which worked previously in a Madden game, have the team at EA at one point done everything right, so that if they were all combined into one game, they would have a solid football AI game?
I don't think it could be much worse.

In fact, keeping things around would give more time to TUNE them and REFINE them. So, if the LBs didn't drop into zones, but then maybe they miss read playaction too long, even if they are fooled, they don't ever try to recover, they could tweak the read logic of the player.

I don't know if it would be really solid, but at least keeping things stable would present other advantages and would give some improvements.

It might also focus more attention on things that are really glaring and haven't been present ever and go beyond just better animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I don't think it could be much worse.

In fact, keeping things around would give more time to TUNE them and REFINE them. So, if the LBs didn't drop into zones, but then maybe they miss read playaction too long, even if they are fooled, they don't ever try to recover, they could tweak the read logic of the player.

I don't know if it would be really solid, but at least keeping things stable would present other advantages and would give some improvements.

It might also focus more attention on things that are really glaring and haven't been present ever and go beyond just better animations.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying KB...what I meant was...throughout the entire Madden lifespan...if you took the tackling from one year, the zone coverage from one year, the pocket protection one year, the DE rush one year, etc... wait, uggh, no wonder it's so confusing lol, have they done each little thing right on the field in one year or another, so if you took the best of each year, what they did right, and combined them all into one year, would that have been the best football AI in total? Does that make more sense?

Or have there been some things, that the EA Madden game has never had right?

In fact, maybe it would help EA if someone compiled a list like that for example:
Madden 04=nailed line interaction
Madden 90=nailed flat zone coverage
Madden 08=nailed WR option routes
Madden 11=nailed Shallow zone coverage

etc...

Last edited by SloeyEZ; 10-28-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:53 AM   #107
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
They still have yet to nail receiver/dback interactions, the passing game, running speeds, defensive player reactions, and a game that uses ratings. EA needs to be gone if we want a sim football game.

Oh, and also...penalties...EA is a lazy, rich company. Enough said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2012, 12:55 AM   #108
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
They still have yet to nail receiver/dback interactions, the passing game, running speeds, defensive player reactions, and a game that uses ratings. EA needs to be gone if we want a sim football game.

h

So I edit my rookies, and linemen look like 9th graders annnnnnd this is a glitch. So when are they going to fix this?
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 10-29-2012, 12:57 AM   #109
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
h

So I edit my rookies, and linemen look like 9th graders annnnnnd this is a glitch. So when are they going to fix this?
Yeah...who knows.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:00 AM   #110
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

Penalties is due to the game tying a button press to a specific penalty. Pass interference is only called if you tackle, holding if you press the block button, etc. The game AI is intended to be effective, it's very rarely going to simulate the wrong button press.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:13 AM   #111
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
Or have there been some things, that the EA Madden game has never had right?
Someone mentioned WR/DB interactions. Another is making the 3-4 work like it should (and DL in general should be more about opening gaps for the LBs/occupying blockers and pushing the LOS backwards) and LBs read like they are supposed to.

I can't remember a Madden that did DE's correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 07:55 AM   #112
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

EA is a lazy, rich company. Enough said.

Maybe so, from a lazy company stand point, but they are not making money.

Last year, EA stock was selling at $26.13 a share.

Today, they are selling at at 12.21 a share.

That looks like a 60% loss in profits as a company.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »