Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #121
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Well let me start off saying that I still have faith in the guys over at Tiburon, now that NCAA is done im sure they can use those resources from that team to help shape madden into what we expected from M13 after NCAA dropped right before it.
I'm in "I'll believe it when I see it mode".

Faith doesn't have a place for me with this game anymore. When the game starts addressing the fundamentals of football, and stuff like "man coverage bugs" and "busted zone" resulting from players not making the kinds of intelligent adjustments real players do, let alone why stuff like auto-sub doesn't work and the community can stop having to come up with esoteric workarounds (like needing 2 controllers to maybe fix playcalling because you have to give the teams better playbooks) - maybe my faith will come back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #122
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
So you're saying its not safe to expect more than what we have now when they have been touting all this has been in works for the past 2-3 years? OOOOKKKKKK!!!!

Well let me start off saying that I still have faith in the guys over at Tiburon, now that NCAA is done im sure they can use those resources from that team to help shape madden into what we expected from M13 after NCAA dropped right before it.

What im not understanding is why they just cant keep building on the foundation they already have and tweak whats there and move on and stop re-hashing old features as new. Its football, all this should be in the game already!
NCAA done? Who, what, when, where and why?

I don't see anything on the forums that NCAA from EA is not making another game.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #123
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

I don't see anything on the forums that NCAA from EA is not making another game.
I think hes talking about the current law suit going on with NCAA. If EA loses they will not make another NCAA game...but i dont see EA losing bc precedent has been set that video games are a form of artisic expression.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #124
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I think hes talking about the current law suit going on with NCAA. If EA loses they will not make another NCAA game...but i dont see EA losing bc precedent has been set that video games are a form of artisic expression.
Is there another lawsuit going on?

I'm confused.

The one lawsuit just recently said other games can start making NCAA football games starting in 2014.

Is there another one going on beyond that one?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #125
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Not only that, but back in 2007 it was selling at $60 a share! Instead of focusing on making quality games that sell well and increase consumer satisfaction their strategy has been to increase profits through microtransactions, online subscriptions, and other add on content (BF3 premium anyone?).

Then again EA doesn't make any games but force that attitude on their developers and rush them to finish their games (Mass Effect 3 anyone?).

I'm actually SHOCKED about what's happened with Madden this year, and in a good way. Yea, it's got it's problems, and support has been so/so (one minute we have a patch to end all patches and the next minute the phone lines go dead) but the amount of freedom the developers had to take Madden in a new direction is unprecedented in my opinion. Just look at 09-12, and the PS2 days of 03-08. They were virtually all the same game with minor tweaks or new gimmicks (vision cone). This game was a total redesign of the franchise and gameplay experience.

Props to the developers, but EA should take note of their stock and start supporting their winning horse (madden, ncaa, etc.) more than trying to find more money through gimmicks.
i dont believe bf3 premium is such a bad thing..you actually save money and compared to other fps premium packages it was by far the best with the most content so i would have to say EA didnt drop the ball there but as for the rest..there isnt much i can say
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #126
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
So is it safe to say there are no more patches coming at this point?
Well, they'll have to put out at least one more to deal with the editing player problems for Offline CC. WHEN is the real question. They haven't exactly been in much of a hurry to help us offline guys out.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

Yea, I cant remember where I read it at, but EA was done making NCAA Football game for the time being. I'll try to search for a legit source on this but the other poster may be right about it pertaining to a lawsuit.

I dont want to spread mis-info like that and I apologize for it if I am wrong.

EDIT: I stand corrected, here is the link, sorry bout that guys....

http://www.1up.com/news/ea-lose-ncaa-exclusive-rights

Double EDIT:
Quote:
EA will be responsible for establishing a $27 million fund for consumers who purchased Madden, NCAA, or AFL games since 2006. The distribution would be $6.79 for each PS2/Xbox/Gamecube title purchased and $1.95 for each 360/PS3/Wii title. Everyone who purchased one of these games was included in the class action suit unless specifically having opted out. The process to claim that money will not be known until the court approves the settlement.

Additionally the settlement dictates that EA will not renew its current agreement with the NCAA – which is currently set to expire after NCAA Football 14 – for a period of at least five years. The company is also not allowed to make a deal with Arena Football for that same period. This will not affect any plans for exclusivity with the NFL though EA appears to be the less satisfied party between the two anyway.
Got this from Pastas forum, it sounds to me as if they're not going to be making the game anymore, I know there's no exclusive but the way the article comes off just sounds to me as if they moved on from that series like they did with baseball.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/07/20...-ramifications

Last edited by Smoke6; 10-31-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:49 PM   #128
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Yea, I cant remember where I read it at, but EA was done making NCAA Football game for the time being. I'll try to search for a legit source on this but the other poster may be right about it pertaining to a lawsuit.

I dont want to spread mis-info like that and I apologize for it if I am wrong.

EDIT: I stand corrected, here is the link, sorry bout that guys....

http://www.1up.com/news/ea-lose-ncaa-exclusive-rights

Double EDIT:

Got this from Pastas forum, it sounds to me as if they're not going to be making the game anymore, I know there's no exclusive but the way the article comes off just sounds to me as if they moved on from that series like they did with baseball.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/07/20...-ramifications
LOL, where do I opt out of my $1.95?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »