Home

Rebuilding the Jacksonville Jaguars (M12)

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Jacksonville Jaguars (M12) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rebuilding the Jacksonville Jaguars (M12)

Recently, I've decided I wanted to do a rebuilding project on Madden NFL 12 and after doing some research and looking through the rosters, I've decided my rebuilding project will be the Jacksonville Jaguars. However, I wanted to ask you guys some questions.

Now, when I say I want to rebuild the Jacksonville Jaguars, I'm not saying I want to add a few great players on offense and/or defense and make the team better, I basically mean I want to completely rebuild them; after a couple of years or so, I want the Jaguars' roster to look completely different. I'm going to rebuild through the draft (Madden generated) and FA with the occasional trade here and there. Here are some of my ideas and this is where my questions come from.

For my first move, I want to trade away Maurice Jones-Drew as soon as possible (like only a few weeks into the season, if not before the season). MJD is a great player and everything, but like I said, I want to give Jacksonville a complete overhaul and that means getting rid of almost everyone, great player or not. Anyway, I was wondering, what would a good team to give MJD to? Presumably, a team that needs some help at RB so he doesn't sit on the bench all the time. Also, in your opinion, what would a realistic trade for MJD would be? I want to make this franchise as realistic as possible and such so I was wondering.
My next move will probably be trying to acquire Tim Tebow from Denver, sometime during or shortly after the season. I would probably give them Blaine Gabbert and maybe a draft pick or two in return. So...again, what do you think a realistic trade for Tim Tebow would be? Like I said, I want this franchise to be realistic as possible and I don't want to screw over Denver or anything like that.
After that, I'll probably just release a couple of guys and sign a couple of guys during the season. And during the off-season, really start my rebuilding project. So...in the off-season, what should my first concern be? I don't have the game in front of me right now so I can't look at Jacksonville's roster right now, but if I remember correctly, their receiving core isn't the greatest so I'll probably pick up/draft a couple of WRs during the off-season. Other than that, I'm not sure what I should do, so any of you guys have any ideas what I should focus on first?

So...yeah, sorry for kinda rambling and everything. Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
Just started!

Re: Rebuilding the Jacksonville Jaguars (M12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherLameGamer
Recently, I've decided I wanted to do a rebuilding project on Madden NFL 12 and after doing some research and looking through the rosters, I've decided my rebuilding project will be the Jacksonville Jaguars. However, I wanted to ask you guys some questions.

Now, when I say I want to rebuild the Jacksonville Jaguars, I'm not saying I want to add a few great players on offense and/or defense and make the team better, I basically mean I want to completely rebuild them; after a couple of years or so, I want the Jaguars' roster to look completely different. I'm going to rebuild through the draft (Madden generated) and FA with the occasional trade here and there. Here are some of my ideas and this is where my questions come from.

For my first move, I want to trade away Maurice Jones-Drew as soon as possible (like only a few weeks into the season, if not before the season). MJD is a great player and everything, but like I said, I want to give Jacksonville a complete overhaul and that means getting rid of almost everyone, great player or not. Anyway, I was wondering, what would a good team to give MJD to? Presumably, a team that needs some help at RB so he doesn't sit on the bench all the time. Also, in your opinion, what would a realistic trade for MJD would be? I want to make this franchise as realistic as possible and such so I was wondering.
My next move will probably be trying to acquire Tim Tebow from Denver, sometime during or shortly after the season. I would probably give them Blaine Gabbert and maybe a draft pick or two in return. So...again, what do you think a realistic trade for Tim Tebow would be? Like I said, I want this franchise to be realistic as possible and I don't want to screw over Denver or anything like that.
After that, I'll probably just release a couple of guys and sign a couple of guys during the season. And during the off-season, really start my rebuilding project. So...in the off-season, what should my first concern be? I don't have the game in front of me right now so I can't look at Jacksonville's roster right now, but if I remember correctly, their receiving core isn't the greatest so I'll probably pick up/draft a couple of WRs during the off-season. Other than that, I'm not sure what I should do, so any of you guys have any ideas what I should focus on first?

So...yeah, sorry for kinda rambling and everything. Thanks in advance for any answers to my questions!
My guess is that no matter what you offer them, the Denver Broncos will not trade Tim Tebow.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippy1986
My guess is that no matter what you offer them, the Denver Broncos will not trade Tim Tebow.
All honesty, I don't really think they will either. I tried a couple of times earlier tonight and couldn't get them to budge so I don't think they will. I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on a possible trade they would accept for him.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

MJD is only 27; in Madden years, he's probably got 5 good ones left, and he's a rare back. He gets those special fall forward animations that add 2-5 yards to runs on a semi-regular basis. Plus he's durable.

Would you want to change the playbook on both sides of the ball, or just turn the roster? That'd make a difference in terms of strategy, I'd think.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
Rookie

koszak27's Arena

Tebow is on the Jets...

I started a rebuilding coach career with the Jags last night and the first thing I did was trade Gabbert to the Chiefs for their 2013 3rd and 7th picks. I did not gut the team, however, and after re-signing CB Cox, LB Smith, C Meester and G Britton, I only had about $3 mil in cap space left. After the season was done simulating, they finished 5-11 (got me the 6th overal pick) and MJD won the rushing title with 17 TDs and just under 2,100 yards rushing. He had 135,000 XPs for the off-season. I only got to finish the off-season and do the draft last night, but it was the Pooh Bear Carlson class and KC (of course) took him 1st overall. I got the really accurate Notre Dame QB with the 6th pick and he's a 76 overall. I'm hoping to start playing this 2nd season later this week.

My advice:
If you're going to gut the team, then cut them all. If you decide to keep MJD, then keep a few guys to help him out. Will you be playing or just simulating?

"It is amazing how many drivers think that the brakes are for slowing the car down."
Mario Andretti

FIFA '15 Dynasty: Team of Randoms
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
MJD is only 27; in Madden years, he's probably got 5 good ones left, and he's a rare back. He gets those special fall forward animations that add 2-5 yards to runs on a semi-regular basis. Plus he's durable.

Would you want to change the playbook on both sides of the ball, or just turn the roster? That'd make a difference in terms of strategy, I'd think.
Yeah, I know, but like I said, I just want to gut the whole tam and start over. However, I have thought about keeping him since he is one of the best RBs in the league. I guess I'll just shop him around and see what I can get from him; if I can't get anyone good, I'll probably keep him.

I...haven't really thought about it. I guess I would change the playbooks and everything since I am basically starting over.
I know I want to turn Jacksonville into a primarily run-oriented offense. I want my QB to be able to pass and run (sorta like Tebow or Kaepernick), I want two or three very good RBs that will be the main weapons in my offense, I want my WRs to be either really fast or really tall (or both), and of course a decent o-line.
I'm not really a defensive guy so I don't know much about it. I don't know what kinda defense Jacksonville currently runs so I guess I'll just see what defense is best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koszak27
Tebow is on the Jets...

I started a rebuilding coach career with the Jags last night and the first thing I did was trade Gabbert to the Chiefs for their 2013 3rd and 7th picks. I did not gut the team, however, and after re-signing CB Cox, LB Smith, C Meester and G Britton, I only had about $3 mil in cap space left. After the season was done simulating, they finished 5-11 (got me the 6th overal pick) and MJD won the rushing title with 17 TDs and just under 2,100 yards rushing. He had 135,000 XPs for the off-season. I only got to finish the off-season and do the draft last night, but it was the Pooh Bear Carlson class and KC (of course) took him 1st overall. I got the really accurate Notre Dame QB with the 6th pick and he's a 76 overall. I'm hoping to start playing this 2nd season later this week.

My advice:
If you're going to gut the team, then cut them all. If you decide to keep MJD, then keep a few guys to help him out. Will you be playing or just simulating?
This is on Madden NFL 12 and last time I checked, Tebow was on the Broncos.

I will be playing every game of this franchise. My goal is to turn Jacksonville into a contender and when I win a Super Bowl, I'll probably end the franchise there.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I recently started up a Jags rebuild CCM and similarly gutted most of the team. I realize MJD is going to last a while in Madden terms, but I try to approach things real world style in which MJD probably has 2 good years left.

I traded MJD to the Packers for picks, Posluzny and Mathis to the Pats, and similarly initially cut/traded if possible o-lineman who didn't fit a zone run scheme well. Then using the draft capital I obtained went and got Jacquizz Rodgers and QB Dominique Davis from the Falcons (benched Gabbert), and MLB Demario Davis from the Jets (made sure to offer more in draft capital than the teams spent on these players). Picked up MLB Kavell Connor (played Connor outside) and RB Chris Ivory(to play as lead back) in FA. Made some other moves through the offseason beyond the draft: signed Mike Wallace in FA (believe Blackmon is no better than a #2), got Kendall Wright and LaMichael James in trades (LMJ always gets cut and disappears in the offseason and Wright is not used by the Titans). Also say Seattle drafted a CB and pushed Browner down to third on the depth chart, so I traded for him. Cut ties with Daryl Smith and some others to open up cap space to keep the rebuild going and get guys who fit what I like to do more. Ended up trading Gabbert for a late round pick to New England after Brady retired.

Team isn't perfect, Davis isn't cutting it at QB for me, works as a stop-gap though, especially if you want a guy who can pass and run, I like to run a lot of PA and bootlegs, so he fits, and he can be had cheap. One more decent draft and this team is poised to make a deep run. The Jags are easily the most fun to rebuild as they need so much help, and I've tried to do it without getting totally unrealistic (overpaying for young players and/or targeting guys who are not being used in the team's current coach's scheme).

Edit: Totally forgot you're on 12 and I'm on 13, so I guess we're talking apples and oranges. :/
Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just started a Jags rebuild Heres what ive done so far:
Traded Blane Gabbert & a 4th rounder for Tebow
Traded MJD & M Stovall & A Pick (IDR Round) For CJ Spiller
Traded Back Up TE & 2 1st Round Picks For Brandon Marshall

Needed To get Tebow a deep threat & Marshall was a good choice. May trade him in the future though

Last edited by DXFan4Life2; 11-27-2012 at 08:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »