Home

Ps4 and madden 14

This is a discussion on Ps4 and madden 14 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #25
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Ps4 and madden 14

Madden will definitely be on PS4 and whatever Microsoft calls their next console. No way EA is missing out on any possible sales they can cash in on for a port, just like they did with the Wii U version. I think the next Madden after this Madden 25 we will see what we can look forward to in the future. Hopefully they clean the mess up that they called this generation of football gaming, but I'd have to see it and play it to believe.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #26
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I expect to see a port of Madden on the PS4 but I still hope EA chooses not to. Madden is just a stale game and a terrible representation of football imo. It needs a reboot in the worst possible way.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
sony or ms should just make a first party NFL game. Boom problem solved
They used to do that back in the day. NFL Fever (Microsoft) and Gameday (Sony) and they both were playable in their own way.

On another note. I dont see why Madden 25 WOULDNT be released for the PS4 and XBOX 720. Its not like EA didnt know these systems were going to drop this holiday season LOL.
As far as Im concerned I would buy the PS4 or 720 version without a doubt (unless there was some ridiculous caveat like no Infinity physics or something)
and then I would leave the PS3 in the rearview mirror. I want the best hardware. I will deal with some of the other issues relative to the lack of features later. I play mainly against the CPU and occasionally against a friend so the problems that the first NBA Live and Madden had on the launch of the PS3 and 360 didnt bother me that much.
And I cant imagine that Sony & Microsoft wouldn't want the first next next gen Madden to be available for the release of their newest hardware. That would be surprising to say the least. So I expect to be able to play Madden 25 at launch of the new consoles.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:02 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't mean to start anything but a lot of what I heard last night was about-

-power of the PlayStation 4
-ease of making games on the PlayStation 4
-blah blah the rest( I am intrigued by some of the features)

I bring up the 2 points for Madden developers. You can no longer say that you didn't put A or B in the game because of hardware restrictions and from what they were saying last night, it is easier to develop for.

So I am looking at you EA...Please don't give excuses but rather deliver something we have been hoping for.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't plan to buy these newer systems till the prices drop but i think madden 14 will come out on the ps3
Old 02-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #30
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian94
I don't plan to buy these newer systems till the prices drop but i think madden 14 will come out on the ps3
It is going to come out on the PS3, there's no questioning that.

What people are questioning is if they'll put it out on the PlayStation 4 as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grants10
I don't mean to start anything but a lot of what I heard last night was about-

-power of the PlayStation 4
-ease of making games on the PlayStation 4
-blah blah the rest( I am intrigued by some of the features)

I bring up the 2 points for Madden developers. You can no longer say that you didn't put A or B in the game because of hardware restrictions and from what they were saying last night, it is easier to develop for.

So I am looking at you EA...Please don't give excuses but rather deliver something we have been hoping for.
The biggest excuse wasn't Hardware Restrictions, it was Disc Space.

The games are made on the Xbox 360 and ported to the PlayStation 3. A 360 disc doesn't have the same amount of disc space that a PlayStation 3 disc has.

Until Microsoft uses Blu-Rays, or gaming companies pay a separate group of developers to make the game specifically for the PlayStation 4 as well, there will always be Disc Space issues.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #31
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

New console also isn't just a blank check, there will always be reasons things don't make it in, there is still time and resources to manage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #32
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
It is going to come out on the PS3, there's no questioning that.

What people are questioning is if they'll put it out on the PlayStation 4 as well.

The biggest excuse wasn't Hardware Restrictions, it was Disc Space.

The games are made on the Xbox 360 and ported to the PlayStation 3. A 360 disc doesn't have the same amount of disc space that a PlayStation 3 disc has.

Until Microsoft uses Blu-Rays, or gaming companies pay a separate group of developers to make the game specifically for the PlayStation 4 as well, there will always be Disc Space issues.
Is there any way you think they may be able to switch that trend around for the PS4 and 720, or will it continue to be Xbox first? If that is the case, I think I'll roll with the 720 for Madden on the next gen. It looked better on Xbox, better on 360, and if history is an indicator...

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »