Home

Really cool feature on Madden 2004 for PC

This is a discussion on Really cool feature on Madden 2004 for PC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:10 AM   #1
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Exclamation Really cool feature on Madden 2004 for PC

Well I have been wanting to start a Madden 2004 Franchise (PC) here on Operation Sports (where I post updates.. stats.. highlights etc) and I was trying to come up with some good ideas for it and how to report each game. I was looking through the Madden 2004 files today to see what would happen if you delete all the roster files (I wanted to know if the game would just have blank rosters with no players- which would be perfect for if I decide to make 2013 NFL rosters). While looking through the files.. I saw a folder named 'Stats' and was curious what that could be. I looked in the folder and saw that... prepare yourself..

The game saves a log file after every game you play (whether you finish or not) that shows every single statistic of every single player!

CHECK THIS OUT!

Not only does it show the stats.. but you can see it even shows the weather, the difficulty, the sliders.. everything. It opens up in notepad so you can copy and paste but it messes up the alignment of the numbers and looks bad so I just took screenshots and uploaded them.

This is going to make my game reporting a heck of a lot easier and better for the reader, thats for sure! This game is amazing..

Also I apologize for the blowout lol.. it was my most lopsided game ever.

I wonder if the PS4 will be capable of things like this?

EDIT: I just realized theres something else you can do thats really cool.. whenever you viewing rosters you can right click a player and select 'stat report'. It saves a spreadsheet file that shows whatever you were looking at in rosters. For example, if I go to my roster and go to QBs and click stat report.. it will give me this..

It even shows all the players ratings (I just cut it off so it wouldnt be too large). You can even go as far as to save a stat report of every player in the entire NFL..

If you click the numbers at the top or on the left it will sort by the corrosponding row or column. Also if you cant read the picture just click it and it will get larger.

This is some really awesome stuff.. cant wait to start my franchise!

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 02-26-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

re: Really cool feature on Madden 2004 for PC

Probably should have named the topic 'Really cool feature on Madden 2004 for PC'.. I think I got a little too excited. Can a moderator please change the topic name please? Thanks
Old 02-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
re: Really cool feature on Madden 2004 for PC

lol you didn't know that?

I like it too but I'm playing Madden '07 pc. I have to give Curtis Martin a different outcome to how his career ended!
Old 02-26-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Re: Really cool feature on Madden 2004 for PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJin2011tm
lol you didn't know that?
Well the game never tells you about it so how would I have known

its not like people talk about Madden 2004 all the time
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #5
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

I have started my franchise

here it is if anyone is interested

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 0

back in the day online leagues existed because of this log file.

When you game ended, you would upload that txt file to custom built sites, they would then put it into the standings/stats/etc.

You'd also have the weekly roster file to download to ensure everyone's roster was up to date..

Oh man, that takes me back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »