Home

What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?

This is a discussion on What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?
Only purchase M25 for PS3/360 67 25.57%
Only purchase M25 for PS4/720 78 29.77%
Purchase M25 for both PS3/360 and PS4/720 52 19.85%
Skip M25 all together 25 9.54%
Undecided 40 15.27%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #97
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy
The first Madden game for PS3 was awful. The controls, the response time, the gameplay... everything was off. Seemed like they didn't really test it out and make it as well as they could have. I actually preferred Madden on PS2 that year.

Figuring that will hold true this year.
Buying Madden 25 on PS3 then waiting a year for them to work the bugs out and the PS4 price to drop a little
EA has been working on next gen stuff for over a year (possibly 2 supposedly) and with the architecture more like PC it should be a lot easier to get a great start and nothing like the PS3/360 releases.
I really hope that's the case. Either way I'll be in line day 1.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 05-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #98
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy
The first Madden game for PS3 was awful. The controls, the response time, the gameplay... everything was off. Seemed like they didn't really test it out and make it as well as they could have. I actually preferred Madden on PS2 that year.

Figuring that will hold true this year.
Buying Madden 25 on PS3 then waiting a year for them to work the bugs out and the PS4 price to drop a little
I thought Madden 2007 on PS3 was one of the more enjoyable current gen Madden's that I've ever played.

I'd take it over pretty much all of the others. At least you could throw over a defender's head and players weren't anorexic. Not to mention it had individual running styles and a more palatable running animation...

Old 05-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #99
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I thought Madden 2007 on PS3 was one of the more enjoyable current gen Madden's that I've ever played.

I'd take it over pretty much all of the others. At least you could throw over a defender's head and players weren't anorexic. Not to mention it had individual running styles and a more palatable running animation...

Yeah Madden 07 had some nice ideas at the time, but was still awful imo. 10 & 12 were my favs this gen, but again still not great games.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 05-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #100
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah Madden 07 had some nice ideas at the time, but was still awful imo. 10 & 12 were my favs this gen, but again still not great games.
The PS3 version of 07 was better than the 360 version, so if you played on 360, might skew it a little to the negative side.

I know I'm in the minority (might be the only one in fact lol), but I thought that 07 PS3 was the best current gen Madden overall, even though it wasn't really good. I just like the way that the passing game worked. You could ALWAYS throw over a defender if they trailed a play and it realistically should go over their head. You could actually overthrow deep passes if you pushed up too long or threw too early. You could always reliably lead a receiver and not have the ball magically underthrown like how it is in every other current gen Madden, which allows the defender to make a play even when a few steps behind the receiver.

It had gang tackling which somehow looked better than some of the more recent attempts at gang tackling (Madden 10 was just a joke in this regard).

The running animations, though poor, were still better than any since the Ortiz error (intentional) of Madden. We also had signature running styles. (High and tight Tiki!)

And the player models, again, though poor, were a little more palatable to me than now. I'd rather everyone be overly muscular than overly skinny if I had to choose between the two.

It was bad, but at least I could get into some of the stuff in it more than other current gen Maddens. Like I said, know I'm in the minority, but some of my biggest pet peeves are the animations and the passing game, and they were both better than any other current gen Madden to me.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #101
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
The PS3 version of 07 was better than the 360 version, so if you played on 360, might skew it a little to the negative side.

I know I'm in the minority (might be the only one in fact lol), but I thought that 07 PS3 was the best current gen Madden overall, even though it wasn't really good. I just like the way that the passing game worked. You could ALWAYS throw over a defender if they trailed a play and it realistically should go over their head. You could actually overthrow deep passes if you pushed up too long or threw too early. You could always reliably lead a receiver and not have the ball magically underthrown like how it is in every other current gen Madden, which allows the defender to make a play even when a few steps behind the receiver.

It had gang tackling which somehow looked better than some of the more recent attempts at gang tackling (Madden 10 was just a joke in this regard).

The running animations, though poor, were still better than any since the Ortiz error (intentional) of Madden. We also had signature running styles. (High and tight Tiki!)

And the player models, again, though poor, were a little more palatable to me than now. I'd rather everyone be overly muscular than overly skinny if I had to choose between the two.

It was bad, but at least I could get into some of the stuff in it more than other current gen Maddens. Like I said, know I'm in the minority, but some of my biggest pet peeves are the animations and the passing game, and they were both better than any other current gen Madden to me.

It looks like "high and tight" will be in Madden 25

Which is good because that's how he carries the ball in real life, hopefully we see more of these signature running styles in M25.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-10-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #102
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
It looks like "high and tight" will be in Madden 25

Which is good because that's how he carries the ball in real life, hopefully we see more of these signature running styles in M25.
Didn't notice that. Good catch.

Are we sure that they don't all hold the ball this way though? I'm asking cause I honestly don't know. I'm usually focusing to see if there is any fix to the more obvious animation errors, so I sometimes miss something that they actually did well, I must admit.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #103
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Interesting LT, definitely some things to like about Madden 07 PS3 here.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #104
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Interesting LT, definitely some things to like about Madden 07 PS3 here.
Can't see the vid, but that was my fave. Feel free to call me crazy lol.

That was the last Madden that I logged over 200 matches online. The most I've played on a Madden online since is probably 4 or 5, with that number being zero on the last 2 or 3 Madden's.

Last edited by Only1LT; 05-10-2013 at 01:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »