Home

What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?

This is a discussion on What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?
Only purchase M25 for PS3/360 67 25.57%
Only purchase M25 for PS4/720 78 29.77%
Purchase M25 for both PS3/360 and PS4/720 52 19.85%
Skip M25 all together 25 9.54%
Undecided 40 15.27%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #33
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

Is the new generation the last glimmer of hope for this franchise? Or do we already know where it's gonna end up?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #34
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

Madden 25 isn't the reason I'll probably upgrade to the PS4 this year. It just doesn't have that type of pull with me. This generation has been downright awful for EA football and in the back of my head I can already hear similar excuses of why the first few games on next gen aren't up to par. Then again, even if it is terrible and I have the new system I'll at least rent it to see. I just don't have high expectations for it.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:23 PM   #35
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm in the undecided camp at this point but I do know this. when I saw those Xbox 360, Madden 06 commercials I felt a tingle inside HaHa!! I couldn't wait to give EA my money and play the "next generation" of NFL football. here I am 9 years later and I spend the majority of my time playing 2 football games and neither of them are made by EA! lol one of them is from last gen...

I'm not the most educated, highly intellectual man here at OS, just a regular guy that grew up on video game football and will always dig it but I'm smart enough not to take the bait and run this time around.

my .02
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #36

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

If Madden 25 is a next gen launch title im willing to bet it will just be a port with upgraded graphics. If thats the case then no I wouldnt get it. If it offers a decent next gen experience gameplay wise I will consider it.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #37
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

They don't even really need to touch the graphics, but a port with tweaks in other areas would be more than reasonably justify a purchase. Make the Infinity engine impact more than just the person with the ball in as many situations as reasonably possible, add a system to manage the sideline, coaches and refs running/pacing up the field on top of whatever else is coming down the pipe to improve CCM, I am sure there are a variety of things that could be done with the existing game on better hardware for this first iteration. Little stuff like accurate pro bowl helmets too.

Either way, will be interesting to see what path they take, loads of self-fulfilling prophecies in this thread though.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #38
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
For me it is neither here nor there unlike the past. I purcashed my first HDTV in '07 as an incentive for playing Madden on the 360. I remember it was the fall of '07 and my first two titles were Madden and NCAA '07 respectively.

I thoroughly enjoyed Madden for PC and have never felt a lift since moving to the console portis. I recall from a review of the first next gen title that the game was 'rushed and incomplete' - I believe IGN was the source.

Those two descriptions sum up my perspective on the entire 360/PS3 generation of Madden titles. This coming time I am skeptical EA Madden will make a strong, smooth transition.

I just dont see the pattern of their spots changing. If they thoroughly exhausted the current systems I would be blossoming with more optimism but sadly their body of work has lacked the necceasary spruce to prove you have what it takes to make an exceptional product.

To see where Madden is now, I see them heading more in the same direction which is not encouraging for Football enthusiasts.

EA shows a thirst for micro transactions which is inevitably making its way into the NCAA stream via Ultimate Team. I do not see them meeting their financial target outcomes via units sold which is why (I believe) they use the social media hubs for cost variables (marketing).

Their main target outcome appears to be to gain social awareness and not so much product perfection. In this coming age of gaming they will however soon realize it is time to put their straws into the product and not the peoples mouths, so to speak.

Hopefully, as BFD referenced, those signs of readiness are appearing sooner than later.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-15-2013, 03:37 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 11

Madden 25 will NOT be a next gen launch title and this is why:

1. If that were the case, EA Sports would have already started the hype train on it. On top of that there is a good chance if it were the case, either (if not both) Microsoft and Sony would pony up some extra money to help promote the title because it would help sell next gen consoles.

2. I really don't think EA had the time to devote to putting out a next gen Madden title for launch. If the systems were coming out summer of next year then maybe but I think Madden coming out in August and at least one next gen system hitting only 2-3 months after that means EA will still get close to the same number of current gen Madden sales as they did this past year. It's all about timing.

3. I would like to believe if you go back and reference reason 1, that EA doesn't want to do what they did when the 360 and PS3 launched. I mean Madden shipped as a launch title and it was such an underwhelming title with not really any features whatsoever. I think connected careers kinda set the bar on engagement compared to previous madden titles. I think a Madden 25 that is a next gen launch title that doesn't have a full experience (online, offline, career, etc) would be deemed a repeat of what they did for our current gens launch.

4. This past year's current gen Madden at least in my opinion is the best Madden to come out on this gen and it's not even close. With that said, CC was a big hit and I think EA is going to keep moving forward with that, that they would rather spend the time and resources building on 25 as a current gen title (building off of the success of Madden 13)

Now do I think EA is and has been working on the next gen Madden? Sure, but in time for a system launch? I don't think so. Again, I think a lot of this just has to do with the timing of the usual Madden release dates in relationship to when the current gen systems launch (PS4 at least). I think it wont be a launch title based on pure business decisions. I think they will really start the hype train for it during next years NFL draft like they have done in previous years.

I know I know, some people here think and want to believe it's coming as a launch title and these same people believe it because in their mind they are thinking "I WOULD TOTALLY BUY IT" and think thats reason enough for EA to do it. Sorry, these big boardroom meetings the have factor in so much stuff beyond what a poster on this site saying "I WOULD TOTALLY BUT IT AT LAUNCH!".

I'm just keeping it real. I truly believe we will all still be playing Madden on current gen hardware until next summer. Now if that IS the case, then the real test is going to see how feature rich the first next gen madden would come out with next summer. Do they take all of this time, not launch with the PS4, save it for next summer and it be a complete experience (which with all of that time, we would expect that).. OR even with ALL of this time to put the game out next summer will their marketing research and data tell them by Summer 2014 there will be enough people salivating for the first next gen madden that these people will pony up the cash regardless of what features the game is lacking, just because people want to see Madden, any kind of Madden for that matter on their shiny new next gen hardware.

It's going to be a wait and see. With EA's past track record I would say this:

1. No Madden at next gen launch.
2. Next gen Madden will get teased during this year's upcoming Super Bowl.
3. Will probably get teased even more during the NFL draft.
4. Madden will stay tight lipped on what features it will ship with next summer.
5. People will buy it, open it up, put it in... smile at the graphics (maybe), then be on here complaining because all they can play is one single season, and a very limited online mode.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #40
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
I expect we'll see Madden and all the other EA sports titles unveiled/teased at Microsoft's presser for the next Xbox 5/21.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »