Home

Draft Classes for Madden "25"

This is a discussion on Draft Classes for Madden "25" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Draft Classes for Madden "25"

I don't know who mentioned it earlier or in another thread, but it's important to note that NCAA is not produced outside of the North American market.

Sure PS3 users can import the game, but 360 users can't. Also, i've never done it so I don't even know if previously it could even work with PS3 (importing wise).

I don't know how much capacity the developers have or whatnot, but it seems mostly that people want choice. An option at creation of your CCM that asks, "Traditional draft mode" or "Story draft mode". And if you select traditional it just gives generic players and allows importing. If you choose story it's the created classes with the backstories and additional twitter/commentary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

I used to be in this boat too, but NFL Head Coach 09 changed my mind. Before that I would buy madden simply for drafting my college players. But that import system was always so broken I felt. It always seemed like players were randomly assigned a projected round. Fake profile pictures, missing in game audio for a lot of names, and after year 5 there were no real players anyway (RS Players who don't leave early). There was 0 personality to franchise mode. Connected Careers brought life back into Madden for me. The story lines keep me involved, and player progression is finally reflective of on field performance instead of a predetermined number.

I hope they don't bring them back honestly, unless somehow its not just the draft class that is imported, but also stats and box scores so we still get the story line side of it. I.E. the game recognizes player A was hurt his senior year and couldn't play, so a story line for that is wrote up. Or a player breaks a record in college and the game makes make mention of that.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #43
Rookie

Sorry if this was already mentioned, but..

they need to put in the option of random draft classes like in NBA 2K13..
Old 05-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #44
Pro

OVR: 1

I personally like the draft system that is in place but I think there needs to be a few tweaks.

1. Have 30 classes but have the names/positions random in every class so people can't create guides.

2. Have randomness to the strengths/weaknesses of the classes. The last two years have been great examples. Last year was insane for offensive skill positions and this year was all about defensive/offensive lines.

3. DON'T USE THE SAME PICTURE TWICE!!!! This is the one thing that drives me nuts about this system. I've actually traded goods players because I didn't want two guys with the same face.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #45
Rookie

I guess I can't blame EA for ruining a perfectly working Game Mode... Not enough people seem to really care so as long as enough people buy the game they will make whatever changes they want... I will still say without competition the Madden series will always fall short of its potential... there is no incentive to make the best Football game ever every year because it has a following that is flexible and willing to support them no matter what they add or take away because ultimately it's the only NFL game available...

To me there were very few issues with Franchise the way it was and the change just didn't make sense for what they replaced it with... Getting rid of draft class that connected Madden to another one of their products for a story line that doesn't affect the game in any way other than fake twitter accounts and Predetermined fake rookies... I just don't see the benefit of that move... At some point I have to take a stand against a monopoly that was fine as long as the product had me engaged and entertained... but these last couple Maddens just haven't lived up to what I think Madden could be... I can't keep supporting a game just because they have a license anymore... I need a good game that will make me want to stand in line for its midnight release and entice me to stay up late every other night after for months... I need that old feeling back...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #46
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbutler0509
I used to be in this boat too, but NFL Head Coach 09 changed my mind. Before that I would buy madden simply for drafting my college players. But that import system was always so broken I felt. It always seemed like players were randomly assigned a projected round. Fake profile pictures, missing in game audio for a lot of names, and after year 5 there were no real players anyway (RS Players who don't leave early). There was 0 personality to franchise mode. Connected Careers brought life back into Madden for me. The story lines keep me involved, and player progression is finally reflective of on field performance instead of a predetermined number.

I hope they don't bring them back honestly, unless somehow its not just the draft class that is imported, but also stats and box scores so we still get the story line side of it. I.E. the game recognizes player A was hurt his senior year and couldn't play, so a story line for that is wrote up. Or a player breaks a record in college and the game makes make mention of that.
Why do you 'hope they don't bring them back'? You realize that you always have the option to use the generated classes, right? Such a ridiculous thing to say. That's like if I said I hope they get rid of ultimate team just because I don't play it. I have the option to not play it so why should I care about it?
Old 05-17-2013, 05:39 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
I don't know who mentioned it earlier or in another thread, but it's important to note that NCAA is not produced outside of the North American market.

Sure PS3 users can import the game, but 360 users can't. Also, i've never done it so I don't even know if previously it could even work with PS3 (importing wise).

I don't know how much capacity the developers have or whatnot, but it seems mostly that people want choice. An option at creation of your CCM that asks, "Traditional draft mode" or "Story draft mode". And if you select traditional it just gives generic players and allows importing. If you choose story it's the created classes with the backstories and additional twitter/commentary.
I used to live in the UK and had to import a US copy of both NCAA AND Madden (it wouldnt work using a UK madden and US NCAA)

a very simple fix for EA but they showed no desire to remedy it for years. I dont hold out much hope for them listening to fan's opinions on this in future. the fact this was never remedied and that you cant even get it on xbox in europe really does speak volumes about EA's opinion of its customers.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:49 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

If we can't import NCAA classes then we should at least be able to edit every possible thing about incoming rookies. Name, height, weight, hometown, skin tone, hair, college, equipment, playing styles, attributes...that way if we want to we can go in and create entire accurate draft classes.

Back when you could at least edit names I would try to find guys who were "close" in terms of size and attributes and make them real college players. Realism is what I like the most which is probably why I am such a stickler when it comes to uniforms and equipment being correct and up to date. But I know that I am not alone when I say the game that I see on Saturday and Sunday is the game I want to play on my console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »