Home

Game Changers Radio 100th show talking Madden 25 Impressions and more

This is a discussion on Game Changers Radio 100th show talking Madden 25 Impressions and more within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Game Changers Radio 100th show talking Madden 25 Impressions and more

For those who aren't familiar, from left to right you have D-Hiatus(former Connected Careers designer for Madden 13) and Shopmaster, Madscientist06. There's some good Madden 25 info here and I figured I'd try and let people hear this. This entire show is uploaded into 11 parts if anyone wants to check it out but I just wanted to share the Madden 25 impressions parts.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 1 Summary: 0-6:37
They are talking about the development process with D-Hiatus and if it's a lack of time or developers or both that the Madden series suffers from. Talk about if two years for a development cycle would be a better option. D-Hiatus says he felt like there should be more designers there, he said he worked with 3 other people Josh, and two others unnamed on Connected Careers, but felt they should have had 5-10 more people helping them. Everyone else there were engineers and programmers working on the back end. He said if nothing else, just to help fix bugs because they spent a lot of time tuning, testing and fixing bugs, and not just focusing on the development and design process. Shopmaster then references all the bugs in tw14 and how EA Spirts needs more testers, all 3 agree on this, especially DH. D-Hiatus then talks about how surprised you would be by how once it gets close to crunch time, they just let all the "bugs through the door" and say we'll fix these later in patches. DH then talks about how people think it's easy and it's not he says they have a lot less less people there a lot of times than you would think and they use them like rubber bands and stretch them until they about snap, then ease up and send them home, he said most weeks he worked 70 hours not 40 and EA isn't just handing out big checks to everyone, it's a tough job. DH encourages people to be constructively critical and not just say "EA sucks" but rather " I appreciate what you guys are doing but this and this needs to be worked on." Shop then talks about how the bug testing is kinda what the GC program is all about but they don't get the game early enough and the first patch is mostly from things the GC's worked on and DH agrees with this.

Ok... Q&A on Madden 25 Gameplay now, 6:37-15:00

PantherBeast asks "How much better is pass blocking now?"

Shopmaster answers based on his time playing the game 3 weeks ago, said he was there focused on Connected Franchise but did play the game and see gameplay. "Pass blocking and the pass rush didn't seem too different to me, but the offensive and defensive line movement was a lot better, but I can't say it generates more pass rush." "The run blocking is phenomenal, down field blocking, awareness of the lineman to go to the next level, awareness of wr blocking, no longer do they get in your way and then turn back towards you." He calls it "Direct path threat" which means the ball carrier has a path he runs on and the lineman around you will detect your nearest threat, block him, and then keep moving upfield. MS06 then says if you change paths the lineman will recalculate and identify the nearest threat in your path and keep moving upfield to block the next possible defender in the way and not turn backwards or worse, run into you.

Getting tired, but I just wanted to throw this out before I continue this summary at a later date. Big hbs won't be able to stumble and recover like smaller more agile backs, this ability is based on weight, momentum, and ratings.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-17-2013 at 01:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Re: Game Changers Radio 100th show talking Madden 25 Impressions and more

Anyone have anything to share about what they said? What did you like/dislike?
Old 05-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Anyone have anything to share about what they said? What did you like/dislike?
Continue to like what I'm hearing about the running game. I'm going to be really interested to see how the CPU handles it and how it feels. And I'm really hoping that the Kenjon Barner they were talking about was a created player and not what he actually is in-game. 82 for a sixth round pick? Gotta be a mistake.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
Rookie

TOmuch81's Arena

OVR: 2

jp, any chance you could do a summary on this?
Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #5
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOmuch81
jp, any chance you could do a summary on this?
I second this request if you have time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #6
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Continue to like what I'm hearing about the running game. I'm going to be really interested to see how the CPU handles it and how it feels. And I'm really hoping that the Kenjon Barner they were talking about was a created player and not what he actually is in-game. 82 for a sixth round pick? Gotta be a mistake.
Yeah Madscientist06 made the Kenjon Barner for Shop and him to play a head to head game with some new rookies, that was explained in the earlier videos from the show. There's 11 videos total, I just posted the two main ones about madden 25 gameplay.

I may do a brief summary but it may trickle in slowly.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:51 AM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

82 for a sixth round pick? Gotta be a mistake.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:09 AM   #8
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
PantherBeast asks "How much better is pass blocking now?"

Shopmaster answers based on his time playing the game 3 weeks ago, said he was there focused on Connected Franchise but did play the game and see gameplay. "Pass blocking and the pass rush didn't seem too different to me, but the offensive and defensive line movement was a lot better, but I can't say it generates more pass rush." "The run blocking is phenomenal, down field blocking, awareness of the lineman to go to the next level, awareness of wr blocking, no longer do they get in your way and then turn back towards you." He calls it "Direct path threat" which means the ball carrier has a path he runs on and the lineman around you will detect your nearest threat, block him, and then keep moving upfield. MS06 then says if you change paths the lineman will recalculate and identify the nearest threat in your path and keep moving upfield to block the next possible defender in the way and not turn backwards or worse, run into you.

This was, IMO, the most important part of the two videos...Hoping the pass rush is tweaked for more base pressure, and the pass blocking is tweaked to form pockets and double team...

I am very happy about what is being said about the run game...Hoping the improved run game will create more opponents, besides the CPU, to actually run the ball for more than just a change of pace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »