Home

Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise Q&A with Josh Looman

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise Q&A with Josh Looman within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #73
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise Q&A with Josh Looman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBill

What is the specific question? You are wanting to just sim a CF?

I want to be able to watch the offline franchise games. So my question is can we actually watch the CPU vs. CPU like years past.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
I really would like to see assistant coaches in this game. any word yet?
Pretty much a given that you won't see assistant coaches this year since Looman specifically said coaches, trainers and scouts. I would have liked to see offensive and defensive coordinators in this year.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyFan12
I want to be able to watch the offline franchise games. So my question is can we actually watch the CPU vs. CPU like years past.
Got it, I will see if I can get an answer on that for you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #76
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11
How difficult, or easy, is it to improve "Team Success" and "Popularity?" Is it as easy as going on a long winning streak, or does it take a few seasons and bold predictions?
Old 05-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #77
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
How difficult, or easy, is it to improve "Team Success" and "Popularity?" Is it as easy as going on a long winning streak, or does it take a few seasons and bold predictions?
Winning fixes everything.

I would hope it would take a while, maybe like 4+ seasons to go from like say #17 to #4. A 2 year jump like that would be absolutely ridiculous.

EDIT: But I would also think your roster and market, on top of winning, have some sort of effect. For instance, you can't be the Jags and have like no "star players" on your team and think you'll be popular. Look at the Niners for example, Kape', Willis, Smith, Vernon, Gore, Crabtree, etc. they have guys who we'd say, are pretty popular. That's a lot of jersey sales, in a market like Frisco which I would think is decent - large, then throw in that the team is winning, they'd be up there.

Take a team like Buffalo, who I would think would be near the bottom, with only like what, 2-3 guys a die-hard Raiders can might be able to say plays for the team, in some place they call Buffalo in New York, a terrible market, terrible stadium, not winning.... If they were to get some players like a Dez Bryant, add Darrelle Revis and Charles Woodson, sign Tebow for the jersey sales move to Toronto where I think the list said would have like 75% fan support or whatever, idk if they're fair weather fans, but if the team starts winning idt it would matter. Be a true contender for a minute, spend your money wisely, make those bold predictions like you said, and I think by Year 3, they could go from like 30 or whatever to like 14.

GOSH I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MODE!! I'm so excited. Smh, it sucks that the more I think about it though, all this game will be is an updated rosters and graphics of Madden 2006.

Last edited by d11king; 05-22-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #78
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
its really simple spliff, they wont be stopping draft guides at all. all he was saying is , they will have the normal 10 storyline guys, and then they will have a few other guys (only a few , not entire class) that will have changing overalls from league to league. However, that isnt enough to stop the guides. they will work each class untill they figure out the high and low of those FEW extra players ,and they can then post their overalls and tell u what one thing to scout(prob awr) to see which of them they will be. Its basically a waste of time.majority of the classes will be the exact same from league to league. so the guys making the guides will work each class to see which few extra they fixed to change, nad figure them out as well. not to hard to do, guides will still be around next madden just face it.thanks ea!
Exactly my point from the first page. It's like they are trying to put a band-aid on a wound without adhesive. I appreciate that Josh Looman has tried to address this very serious issue (for online leagues anyway) but unfortunately it is just a waste of development time with they way he is going about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah but if it's generated at a 40-50% chance that they are a sleeper or a bust, how are you going to know what you are going to get each time?
Like howboutdat said, the guides will tell you to scout one of the ratings that is known to change. It'll probably look something like this...

QB - John Smith - projected 6th
Development- Star (B AWR), or Slow (D AWR)

The guides for Madden 13 will already tell you the changes that the story players go through by what part of their story is posted in the news section (ex, "development drops to normal if he looks bad at the senior bowl"). So yes, people will need to scout a little bit now, but just spending 100 points to see if a player is a star or not is still a huge problem. It will not take long at all for the guide writers to discover all the hidden "random" players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoffner
Its funny to read what features people want in the game. Coming from a original Madden Franchise player... where we used to drive to eachothers house and play on 1 system.. MCC has come a looooong way with what we've been asking for. For hard core gamers we needed some tweaks to stop loop holes.. it sucked having to monitor players in a CC that didnt play with integrity
transaction log - huge (now we use Voxer app with everyone in the league and we make people take photos of every transaction)

editing players - its ok but i wish they keep the NFL numeric system in place... I hated playing against a WR/DB with #1 or something

editing names- im kinda on the fence for... just prolly make a rule in my league that u cant make stupid names

edit ratings - your asking for trouble in multi team leagues.. maybe just keep that for offline.. or why would you want to edit their ratings anyway once the season start.. isnt the point to build players

import draft class - amazing.. been yearning for this...i hope its not flawed

make XP for certain packages expensive - tooooo easy to build a 99MCV CB which in real football u cant develop a Revis. In my league now. Every team has 3 99MCV CBs atleast. Cant complete a pass. Make it harder to build the pivotal attributes by position.. especially Speed. 99SPD TEs are so easy to build

and what the HELL are the "TRAITS" for? Do i need my QB to throw a tight spiral? Does it help with anything?

can we see that size and weight matters?

or you can get pressure with 4 down lineman

ill start my 2nd post in a bit.. I need to ask the questions for now on
Agreed on all points. I remember back in '05 with they introduced the madden locker that a friend and I would do a fantasy draft 2 picks at a time for our "online" franchise. I would pick my 2 players, save the franchise, upload the file, make it public, then he would download the file and continue the process. It took a looong time but we were diehard fans that wanted to have a true franchise experience with a human opponent online. We waited a long time to get what Madden 13 delivered and we enjoyed it for a good while.

I bolded the one section of your post because it is something that I completely agree with, but am fearful that they have screwed up in Madden 25. From everything I have read from Josh Looman, they are making it EASIER to gain points in every mode so that you can level up FASTER. I had to laugh too when I read that he said the CPU was getting too much XP.

I get that we live in a short attention span world now but this can absolutely ruin multi-year franchises. Once every human player gets a couple years in, their team becomes so good that they can dominate all CPU opponents. Once the challenge is gone, the game becomes dull and the league withers away. I've seen it happen far too often and from the Looman interviews, it only seems like it will get worse. We had to make a house rule for our league that you couldn't do the practice mode or play preseason just so we could keep the xp numbers down.

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers

Last edited by DUDERMAN; 05-22-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #79
Rookie

The more I hear about additions to this game the more it angers me just like last year. So many things wrong with the AI, bugs, glitches, presentation and just overall gameplay for me to care about being an owner.

When a football game is released and your CPU opponent calls a timeout at 1:01 WITHOUT FAIL no matter what team and situation how the hell can I care about jacking up beverage prices at my stadium. Do they not have priorities at EA?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #80
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoanSteelerFromAus
The more I hear about additions to this game the more it angers me just like last year. So many things wrong with the AI, bugs, glitches, presentation and just overall gameplay for me to care about being an owner.

When a football game is released and your CPU opponent calls a timeout at 1:01 WITHOUT FAIL no matter what team and situation how the hell can I care about jacking up beverage prices at my stadium. Do they not have priorities at EA?
Not only that, the 1:01 bug has been there for years.I wonder If EA realizes how dumb they look to hardcore football fans , every year its the same old sh%t, look and what we did this year we had it 08 but who cares its NEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.........

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »