Home

Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise Q&A with Josh Looman

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise Q&A with Josh Looman within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #105
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 25 Connected Franchise Q&A with Josh Looman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I believe personally that the owner mode features everyone wanted back was the relocation, and creating relocated team uniforms, stadiums and such. All that financials and micromanagement were and after thought to those owner mode features
We could have done well with the above additions, and 32 team control and then time put into both run and pass blocking instead of just run blocking, and added in more Franchise/Coaching strategy from HC09, and I believe overall the game would have been much more improved as a football game...Now we are venturing into Sim City land...

Essentially, before we go on to owning a team, lets get coaching and game play correct. But hell, so my all-pro offensive linemen cannot double team elite pass rushers, but we have a discount on Hot Dogs; that makes it all better....Can I get a foot long and a crash cart EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #106
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I believe personally that the owner mode features everyone wanted back was the relocation, and creating relocated team uniforms, stadiums and such. All that financials and micromanagement were and after thought to those owner mode features
Thing that sticks out to me in owner mode - user has severely limited choices in team name and uniforms, it is awesome that they included keep name/uniform but not being able to go with your own complete vision by picking a name. I get the excuse to a point - commentary recognizing the name but there was a game that nearly 20 years ago would actually sound out names in the commentary - was a hockey game and it even said my name on created player.

So my gripe is - if the tech existed that long ago, where is it now? Not to mention, having the announcers record a list of names should not be that difficult. It seems to me that EA always takes the lazy way out - owner node is a welcomed "returning" feature, but would have been happier with; assisted tackles registering, injury system with varying degrees of physical impairment and probable questionable doubtful and varying "recovery" lengths and so forth, an expanded trade function where you could trade 7 for 7 or, ideally in my mind 10 for 10 with a slider for CPU stingy-ness, renegotiating the contracts, holdouts (within NFL rules as player has to have completed 3 seasons to redo the terms), custom packages including special teams formations, redesigned impact of PROD on OVR, player position editing with "players" refusing to change if their OVR rating dropped too far, and complete OL/DL interactions overhaul plus WR/DB interactions at least tweaked.

For the record, I hate XP system for players, but could live with it if their was an option or toggle for each attribute. Meaning I could turn off speed agility jump and development - Strength I would leave as HGH use is rampant in the NFL, in my estimation. The XP part for coaches isn't really that bad, I would have gone a different way, but whatever.

Can't believe that we still have cookie cutter injuries where every sprained knee will mean exactly X number of weeks sidelined versus toughness equating to recovery time factor...
Old 05-25-2013, 06:28 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 3

On the first page it says you can be forced to sell your team and can't rejoin that team. I'm a little confused about this statement and I appologize if its already been answered in the previous 10 pages. So say you are running all 32 teams and one team has some bad years like the Jags or like my Lions had for a while. Will be you forced to sell that team and forced to let the CPU control it just because one of the teams struggled? Also curious if this can be turned on or off.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
You of all posters should know exactly what I mean. It's not about having the financials, it's about moving on to that element versus fleshing out the player management side they have been piecemealing this entire gen. You have been consistent about your displeasure with XP progression, so I would think you find it just as disappointing as me that they would opt to institute advisers and other real world variables for Owner mode, while leaving player management pretty much the same as last year.
Big I am right with you on improving features and not abandoning them. I'll complain about them abandoning promising features right along with you. But I personally don't want to comment on the new mode until I actually see it or get more info from OSers after the game is released.

I'm sure you are just as much for adding new features/depth to the game as I am. Owner mode, if done right, does just that.

I will say you are absolutely right about adding a feature then abandoning it instead of enhancing it even more and/or fixing bugs for the very next release.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #109
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
I tend to disagree that financials, if done correctly, would be an after thought. MVP2005 had some of the most fun financials in a sports game. I wish madden had something similar.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #110
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
I'm just putting financials in comparison to the other features that have returned to 25s owner mode. Im 95% sure everyone had the team movement and creation first and foremost in their minds.

But reading the info it seems that the financial costs actually tie into fan morale and such which counts towards all your support and relocation. Really I'm not knocking that aspect of it anyway.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #111
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I'm just putting financials in comparison to the other features that have returned to 25s owner mode. Im 95% sure everyone had the team movement and creation first and foremost in their minds.

But reading the info it seems that the financial costs actually tie into fan morale and such which counts towards all your support and relocation. Really I'm not knocking that aspect of it anyway.
One thing I wonder is "will I have to stink up the joint to relocate?" My guess is the Cowboys (a team I would never move) would take a long time to drag down far enough to be "granted" permission to relocate - but what about say, the Raiders? Can I start winning and still be able to get low enough in fan happiness or stadium requirements to move back to LA? Or wherever?

Somewhere I read that to relocate you have to get something way down and I wonder how low after that are you forced to sell?

Still lots of questions in my mind.

I think 32 team leagues would be best off going coach and turning off "coach firing". If I was starting a 32 team league that would be the options I used...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #112
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
So it sounds like he spent a ton of time pandering to people who exploited madden.....

Really? Dude, that is what those people do, regardless. They will always try to exploit a system. It is literally, what they do in life.

Doesn't sound good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »