Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 11:04 AM   #225
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

Well fellas the only thing we can hope for is a patch, MAYBE they do the right thing and patch it in later on like they did with some other things last year that didn't need to be taking out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 0

You know what? **** EA. They have a whole year to address the issues most complained about from the last game, they address about zero of them. Instead we get "Infinity Engine 2.0" and the same bull**** owner mode that was in the game back in what.. 2004? Who gives a flying **** about setting the price of tortilla soup? It doesn't affect the game in any way, its like a little trinket they dangle for the idiots to be amused by.

The only addition they made to this years game that is worth ANYTHING is the ability to move franchises. Everything else has either been in previous iterations or has still not been addressed despite YEARS of complaints.

The inability to watch or truly coach a game, the inability of the game to properly track stats, the inability of the player to avoid being caught in stupid, slow as **** animations, the various bugs and glitches found in animations and stat tracking, etc.. It is truly pathetic that a game like this can be released and then garner good reviews when it is a shoddily constructed, poorly executed representation of NFL football.

Every year its the same ****ing thing. Every year people go out in droves to grab it on release day. It is a microcosm of what is wrong with capitalism today. EA has a monopoly (hey isn't that illegal?) on football simulation and produces **** *** games because they know people want to play football and this is the only way they can do it.

So here we are, still trying to get back to where we were on last gen, but we keep getting handed untested piles of garbage with fewer features and worse game play than we had on the original XBOX/PS2. The only thing we have gotten this gen that has been new is graphical/animation improvements. The rest of the game is a total **** heap that STILL doesn't function right and STILL has FEWER relevant options/features than last gen.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #227
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

OVR: 3
CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by form_an_opinion
The only addition they made to this years game that is worth ANYTHING is the ability to move franchises. Everything else has either been in previous iterations or has still not been addressed despite YEARS of complaints.
Couldn't you move a franchise in'03 (Culpepper on the cover) when the Texans entered the league. Maybe it was just the ability to create your own expansion team in place of the Texans.
Still an option that should've stayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited by Gravit; 08-27-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #228
Rookie

Words can not express how disappointed I am in EA for the Madden 25 game. I requested several times (as did most of the readers on this post) to please include a way to watch my team play. I was so excited when I found out they had added a new "owner mode" because I figured it would be a way to do GM related task without having to interact in the games themselves. Unfortunately EA dropped the ball on this common feature in older editions. I don't understand why it is so hard to let users set the games to CPU vs CPU. This use to be a more challenging way to play the game. I told EA that I would rent the game this year and make sure that feature was on there before I bought it. Unfortunately it is not and subsequently I will not be purchasing this product. Simple feature to add I would think. ...How is owner mode considered owner mode when you have to play the games? If this is a simulation then give the user the option to play or watch like a real owner does every Sunday.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #229
Rookie

Gravit's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmstim
Words can not express how disappointed I am in EA for the Madden 25 game. I requested several times (as did most of the readers on this post) to please include a way to watch my team play. I was so excited when I found out they had added a new "owner mode" because I figured it would be a way to do GM related task without having to interact in the games themselves. Unfortunately EA dropped the ball on this common feature in older editions. I don't understand why it is so hard to let users set the games to CPU vs CPU. This use to be a more challenging way to play the game. I told EA that I would rent the game this year and make sure that feature was on there before I bought it. Unfortunately it is not and subsequently I will not be purchasing this product. Simple feature to add I would think. ...How is owner mode considered owner mode when you have to play the games? If this is a simulation then give the user the option to play or watch like a real owner does every Sunday.
Amen to that.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #230
Pro

kcsam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravit
Amen to that.
Unfortunately, us coach AMD GM type players are in the major minority. We don't make up the bulk of Madden users. This game is geared to online and arcade type modes. I had intended to buy Madden this year (just as I intended last year), but after reading about the lack of GM or coach mode, they once again won't be getting a dime from me. Guess I'm stuck playing M12 until they lose their license or another company develops a non NFL game that caterers towards different types of players. It's a shame we have endure this.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:16 AM   #231
Rookie

What's the explanation this year though?

Last year it was because of the Infinity engine or something like that. What's the reason now?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 02:45 AM   #232
Rookie

Elphalpha's Arena

It had something to do with progression or some bs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »