Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #257
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

That's a bunch of BS.. CPU vs CPU has been in almost every Madden FB game since it's existence. So it can't be that dam hard to put it back in. Looman has almost ruined Madden with his lack of concern and knowledge of the game.. EA needs to remove Looman from the game like they have removed everything else that was good about the game. Tired of there lame a.. excuses.. Maybe they could have worked on the fundamentals of a FB game, instead of all the other useless crap they put in.. Name me one OWNER in the NFL that goes down on the field and calls the plays.. Good GOD EA.. Get a frigging clue.. If it's in the game, Its sure as hell not in EA's interpretation of the NFL.. Anybody want to buy a Madden 25 ps3 game.. CHEAP.. Like the quality of EA.. Contact me.. Used for 2 hours..
Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #258
Pro

( Here’s why CPU vs CPU is difficult…CFM expects every user to be a ‘character’ or person. It has no concept of a user not being attached to a person. That determines how we start games, etc. Changing that is difficult and ‏risky. Meaning it could cause crashes, glitches, etc. It’s not something that can be added in a patch and ‏whether or not it was in Madden 12’s franchise mode doesn’t apply. We’ll look into changing it but it won’t be this year. )

OH REALLY, Is that a fact Looman.. Well when you are playing the computer team.. Human vs CPU.. Then why doesn't that CPU team expect it to be a {Character} or person. Whom is making calls for the CPU. Whom is setting their Roster moves, Who is controlling their Depth chart.. Seems to me the CPU is calling its own plays and doing a fairly good job at it.. Its kinda funny that if it expects a human to run it.. Now if I just control one team, then it seems to me the CPU is controlling 31 other teams.. But it would just completely fall apart, the game would go crazy, be totally confused, if it took over one more team being ( mine ).. BS.. Get a clue EA.. CPU can totally control any of the 32 teams until I choose one.. Yea, that makes a hole lot of sense.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #259
Rookie

OVR: 0

cluby u r exactly right u should twitter looman about that glitches ,bugs hes full of it he doesnt want to patch it its all about him madden 12 had no problems y now
Old 08-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #260
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
That's a bunch of BS.. CPU vs CPU has been in almost every Madden FB game since it's existence. So it can't be that dam hard to put it back in. Looman has almost ruined Madden with his lack of concern and knowledge of the game.. EA needs to remove Looman from the game like they have removed everything else that was good about the game. Tired of there lame a.. excuses.. Maybe they could have worked on the fundamentals of a FB game, instead of all the other useless crap they put in.. Name me one OWNER in the NFL that goes down on the field and calls the plays.. Good GOD EA.. Get a frigging clue.. If it's in the game, Its sure as hell not in EA's interpretation of the NFL.. Anybody want to buy a Madden 25 ps3 game.. CHEAP.. Like the quality of EA.. Contact me.. Used for 2 hours..
I agree with you 100%!!!!!
I played with it in GameStop last night, they had the full version running, I was highly disappointed, when I couldn't do CPU vs CPU, I couldn't believe it, yet again, I walked out without buy the game.
Thank you GameStop for saving me the money.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #261
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
( Here’s why CPU vs CPU is difficult…CFM expects every user to be a ‘character’ or person. It has no concept of a user not being attached to a person. That determines how we start games, etc. Changing that is difficult and ‏risky. Meaning it could cause crashes, glitches, etc. It’s not something that can be added in a patch and ‏whether or not it was in Madden 12’s franchise mode doesn’t apply. We’ll look into changing it but it won’t be this year. )

OH REALLY, Is that a fact Looman.. Well when you are playing the computer team.. Human vs CPU.. Then why doesn't that CPU team expect it to be a {Character} or person. Whom is making calls for the CPU. Whom is setting their Roster moves, Who is controlling their Depth chart.. Seems to me the CPU is calling its own plays and doing a fairly good job at it.. Its kinda funny that if it expects a human to run it.. Now if I just control one team, then it seems to me the CPU is controlling 31 other teams.. But it would just completely fall apart, the game would go crazy, be totally confused, if it took over one more team being ( mine ).. BS.. Get a clue EA.. CPU can totally control any of the 32 teams until I choose one.. Yea, that makes a hole lot of sense.
This. What Josh said makes no sense. Do whatever you do when you play against the CPU, except do it for both teams. Even if what he said is true, it's poor design.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #262
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

The AI is already there, I don't understand his explanation at all. When you add anything new to online franchise or ultimate team doesn't that introduce possible bugs and glitches that you then have to beta test through and work out the kinks? This just means they want more of us playing online instead of pitting the AI against itself, so they don't have to actually work on CPU vs. CPU coding. Yeah, no thanks. This is not a good enough explanation. This was a staple of new versions of Madden everywhere. You walk into Walmart or Gamestop and they have a new copy of a PS2 Madden playing on CPU vs. CPU mode. Now all of a sudden it's gone.

Disconnected Career Mode is what they should call it, since you had more global control back in 2005 than you do today.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:37 PM   #263
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
Not gonna happen considering u are a head coach in the game if u want to be.
A head coach w/ very little actual coaching responsibilities or player management/discipline responsibilities who also has to play the games and take control of the players. You sure that's a head coach mode?

2014 Cleveland Browns 13-3
2015 Cleveland Browns 6-1
GT: MouthyRat
Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #264
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

He is just making excuses for a really poor made game. People had the same problem last year with no cpu vs cpu and they choose to ignore the issue. This guy imho has no right being in charge or even being involved in making a game. Hopefully the lackluster game they just put out will be made up for next year with a great game, but I'm not holding my breath.

I defended the Madden game all the way through 12. I never thought the game was as bad as people said, and I still don't through 12. I won't defend them anymore though. It has become really obvious that EA doesn't care about their customers at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »