Home

CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU vs. CPU in offline franchise mode? (Madden NFL 25)

If CPU vs. CPU mode isn't in franchise mode, I won't purchase, and I've bought every Madden for years. I like to progress my season while I'm working by letting the CPU play a few games. I can work on my computer and watch at the same time.

Time to go back to Madden 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #42
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
So the fact that games are made for playing doesn't detract from my point at all, they should still look and play as realistic as possible in a CPU v CPU game.
This much I absolutely agree with, and again the option for CPU v CPU within Connected Franchise absolutely should be present. Not personally my cup of tea, but the game should be consistent, particularly since one can watch CPU v CPU in Play Now.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #43
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
This much I absolutely agree with, and again the option for CPU v CPU within Connected Franchise absolutely should be present. Not personally my cup of tea, but the game should be consistent, particularly since one can watch CPU v CPU in Play Now.
So just to be clear, you still disagree that gaming stores have used CPU v CPU game play to sell games and that gaming companies themselves have featured CPU v CPU games by having them play automatically when the game is left idle?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #44
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Now, that you guys mention it...yeah, it's stupid to not show CPU vs. CPU playing per any form of media to promote the game. Put those games on youtube instead of me having to watch cheesers glitch/beat the CPU or run the same 5 plays over and over. Let's see what the game can think to do on its own. I guarantee you that we'd see more variety than compared to user controlled games (or at least I'd hope so).
Old 05-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #45
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebolts
If CPU vs. CPU mode isn't in franchise mode, I won't purchase, and I've bought every Madden for years. I like to progress my season while I'm working by letting the CPU play a few games. I can work on my computer and watch at the same time.

Time to go back to Madden 12.
Are you reading all of this, JP? I had people on Twitter in a round about way mock me because I said I will not purchase Madden NFL 25 because it did not have CPU vs. CPU in franchise mode. There are MANY like me who find this just as important as those who want fantasy drafts and imports. It's as important as offline franchise.

You'd be wise to remember that and not trivialize it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #46
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Big said it all earlier.....

How can you have 32-Team User control back, and not simply let the controllers sit in the middle and watch a game???

Seems like I have to bust this pic out way too much with this series...

Any slight optimism I got from Owner mode returning has now been tempered

There goes my hope of being able to set the weather and uniforms of both teams before a CF game....If they can't handle this, it doesn't bode well for those options either

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 05-23-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #47
Banned

BradyFan12's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Big said it all earlier.....

How can you have 32-Team User control back, and not simply let the controllers sit in the middle and watch a game???

Seems like I have to bust this pic out way too much with this series...

Any slight optimism I got from Owner mode returning has now been tempered
Hahaha! Dude, that is funny. It just blows my mind how certain people can't understand why this feature is important. It's just...idk.

I don't know if Looman or his people come on this board...but I hope they're reading this. I hope they know how badly they screwed up again.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 7

Not sure why developers find this strange. May not be the average player but there is a small section of guys that enjoy seeing the CPU execute on its own. See how realistic it plays out and what not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »