Home

Madden 2004. Creating players. Too many? Salary cap issue? Freeze fantasy draft?

This is a discussion on Madden 2004. Creating players. Too many? Salary cap issue? Freeze fantasy draft? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2023, 05:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden 2004. Creating players. Too many? Salary cap issue? Freeze fantasy draft?

Note- I use a after market large memory card.

Ok. I've created a bunch of fictional teams.
And instead of just the general team things like good defense or offense. I'll put a entire roster of one team , so I can replace that team in a fantasy draft league and all real players are available. I found out a while back that if you try to replace all 32 or 30 maybe.

It freezes at fantasy draft start

Now, I have recently created 64 players. I went into historic teams and looked for specific players and recreated them.

I put some on the rosters of teams they played for. But then I started getting salary cap warnings. But I kept doing it and the game seemed to eventually bypass the cap.....this isn't inside a franchise. It's just while messing with rosters itself.

So I try to start a fantasy draft franchise with created players and it freezes at fantasy draft screen. The music plays and the money numbers in upper right corner occasionally flicker/blink.
But it won't start draft.

I deleted a few players to try and lighten load and I've started taking all created players and putting them back in free agents.

Will this help? I don't know yet...

Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2023, 10:25 AM   #2
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Re: Madden 2004. Creating players. Too many? Salary cap issue? Freeze fantasy draft?

99% of rosters issues are depth chart or position requirement issues. (on the PC version, at least)

Auto-reorder every team and see if that makes a difference.

IIRC, player ratings are tied to salary in this game. If you edit a player, the salary could go way up. That could be part of your cap issue.
Old 06-12-2023, 02:13 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Madden 2004. Creating players. Too many? Salary cap issue? Freeze fantasy draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
99% of rosters issues are depth chart or position requirement issues. (on the PC version, at least)

IIRC, player ratings are tied to salary in this game. If you edit a player, the salary could go way up. That could be part of your cap issue.
Where am I supposed to see a auto re-order command?
Old 06-12-2023, 06:40 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr

Well, anywho, I erased roster last night.....that erased my created players

At least I wrote down the ratings. But....
Old 06-16-2023, 12:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Here's another thing lol.

I did delete rosters. Which deleted my created players..

And yet the Jalen Hurts I had deleted before all this, to make space for other old school players. Was still on a created team I made.

Explain that one? Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2023, 02:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Ok, now, can someone help me out with this next question.

You can create 64 players. But somewhere around 40 you get a free agent list is full message.

Now what ? Is there a way to fix it? Or I just put the players on actual teams and try not to go over the cap.?

I wanted to make a bunch of old school players for a fantasy draft.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »