Home

Favorite Madden on current gen?

This is a discussion on Favorite Madden on current gen? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #25
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Favorite Madden on current gen?

Madden 12 for PS3 was my favouite had expanded rosters everything you could do with it

I skipped last years without all the fetures. Madden 10 I didn't like simply because it would always freeze on me after games it was the collectors edition too.

for PS2 I was obsessed with madden 2003 I played that over and over again. that was the year I played a full season and played every single game on the schedle

PS1 would have to be madden 1998, I used to love when when John and Pat talked before the game about what they thought would happen.

and to go even before that madden 93 on mega drive started me off with the game and got me into the NFL as a 11 year old
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 2

I would say Madden 10 and Madden 12. I played 10 more than any game I have ever played but overall I think I found 12 to be the most enjoyable of this generation.

I'm hoping next-gen Madden 25 will begin at a high level so that the whole generation benefits. Time will tell.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #27
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Madden 13 and soon to be Madden 25. Wasn't a fan of any current gen EA football until Cam Weber came on board. NCAA 14 is my favorite EA football game on current gen now. Before this gen, my favorite was Madden 05 on Xbox.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8

Definitely Madden 13.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #29
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I see a lot of people saying M13, yet I heard that the cpu AI and play calling wasn't very good. Did they fix it that much through patches that the offline Dynasty was that good?
Old 07-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #30
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I see a lot of people saying M13, yet I heard that the cpu AI and play calling wasn't very good. Did they fix it that much through patches that the offline Dynasty was that good?
They never fixed or patched the play calling. In your first year of offline dynasty a majority of the team specific play books called for runs on 80% of first and second down. A fix for this was to set the cpu play books to a generic play book. That worked although they were a bit too pass happy. But after the first year the play calling got better with the team specific play books in my experience. I didn't need to switch anymore. I have no idea why but this issue better be fixed completely in M25.

Quite frankly M13 was very buggy and problematic in many areas but I still enjoyed it. You really had to learn to accept the game for what it was. If you could you had fun. Can't blame those guys who had a big problem with some things.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-13-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #31
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

06-09 were awful. Completely unplayable.
10 was better but unfinished online franchise, pro-tack, and the hitch step killed it.
11 was all out arcade and Gus Johnson helped it go over the top to terrible.
12 was probably the best but by no means amazing.
13 was a bug fest, I waited til black Friday to buy and logged about 6-7 games. It introduce too much and most features weren't ready.

Madden 05-09 on the ps2 were deeper, more complete, less buggy gms than any current version imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 11:20 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

'12 for me. I lowered my expectations and got some sliders that make it pretty enjoyable. I still play it. I think they were on the verge of turning the corner with M12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »