Home

How will Madden 25's Draft work with imported rosters from NCAA '14?

This is a discussion on How will Madden 25's Draft work with imported rosters from NCAA '14? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #17
MVP

BCJMU99's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How will Madden 25's Draft work with imported rosters from NCAA '14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
This is a pretty big deal breaker, I had a 98 rated back up QB Graduate instead of going into the draft? Even if the guy's rating are lowered I would still like the whole draft class to be comprised of all the players exported. This is the first feature I'm going to check out once I've got the early release downloaded.
Let me know how the import goes! I am VERY interested in this! I'm not getting the game until Tuesday.
JMU Football season ticket holder
UVA Football, Basketball & Baseball

76ers
Flyers

Currently playing Madden 23(XBX) and FFXVI , and PGA 2K23(PS5)
Old 08-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

yea im not gonna belive 1 guy on some other site just because he said so.lol. ill wait for video proof before i touch this game. Its already buggy ands its 3 days before release..lol
Old 08-23-2013, 12:14 PM   #19
Rookie

Hokie200proof's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I got you covered, you *****! (well sorta)

The last Madden to have the imported classes was Madden 12, which I studied extremely, but to no luck.

I really do not know what determines their ratings when exported. I went as far as changing their equipment, believe it or not. What I can say is this, once you get a draft class that you like, keep it. The first class I saved, I bet I redid it 10x's until I liked how it looked. The class I kept, usually about 90% of the time stayed the same as far as ratings and pictures. This was all in NCAA and Madden 2012.

But, here is a bit of good news for your dreadful Hokies J/K
When I did play Madden 13, I absolutely loved the way they changed the scouting and draft. I spent alot of time studying certain attributes from different players that fit my schemes, then made a list based off of their projected draft selection, of which ones I should draft first. Basically a homemade draft board. I really found myself connecting with these players, especially the ones with story-lines. One particular player I will never forget, was Tindle Bree, from TCU(I think) Dude was crazy athletic. He just felt like a player straight out of Friday Night Lights(tv show) I got connected with this player like he was actually real! I even took a picture of him and was planning on setting up a twitter account for my online team with his picture! (Until I quit playing so that I could concentrate on writing my first novel)

Anyways I really felt connected with this guy just like I'm sure you have with your Hokies, but the bad thing about Tindle, was his injury rating. Bare with me, to my defense, I think I was really too excited to even think about scouting his injury rating as it was my first online career. His injury rating was one of the last things I scouted. By the time I scouted it, I had already became connected with him. I was HARDHEADED(like most Cowboy fans,Jerry Jones especially ) So indeed, he was my first round pick. Tindle Bree was the future of my StL Rams! (We drew teams) The first season, HE STAYED INJURED! I was devastated to no end. His overall rating was a 77(maybe) but his injury was like a 60something(I think) It's been since b4 Christmas since I played so giveme a break. But even though his injury rating was terrible, with EA's new progression system, he was a pro bowler within a couple of seasons with back-to-back Super Bowls!

So there is still HOPE! for your Hokies

Here's how I went about doing it. There is a rating that determines how fast a player progresses. I forget which one, but you can scout it. The first time you scout it, you will see a letter grade, you can then scout it again for an actual number rating or for some ratings that are actual word ratings. Like the rating that determines how good a player progresses is not a number but instead, Superstar, Fast and some others that I can't remember. Superstar is the highest(I think) you get the drift either way. So let's say your player gets a fast rating for progression. If you want that player to progress like a superstar, then it costs 50,000 xp points from that player's xp. Your player earns xp during the season. So as you can guess, If I had a player like Bruce Carter (UNC MLB) that didn't have a Superstar rating in how fast they progress, I would save up enough xp to purchase the upgrade enough times until he reached Superstar status If their injury rating was low, like Tindle Bree's was, then I worked on that first. Luckily his progression rating was Superstar, so as soon as his injury rating was high, I started spending his xp on other ratings like awareness and such.

So you can still progress your Hokies into Superstars!

As far as me importing the NCAA classes this year, I will have no idea what their ratings were in NCAA, for I will be using the share option via Madden. I didn't purchase NCAA this year. But I will let you know their ratings and anything else you want to know about the imports this year. And to help out as much as I can, I'll let you know who's draft classes I'll be using as well.

Hope this helps. At least we can agree on divisions right?
ACC & NFC East
All of that sounds promising... I guess the only thing left is to get one of your early release 1%ers to sim a little and let us know how it works.

How did the scouting work in M13? Did you do it all throughout the year, or was it off-season only? If you do it throughout the year, as 1NFAMOUS suggests, the import should happen at the beginning of the season. I know in HC Adam Shefler would chime in every month and update the CFB season and deliver the storyline player updates. Is that how it worked in M13?
Old 08-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #20
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie200proof
All of that sounds promising... I guess the only thing left is to get one of your early release 1%ers to sim a little and let us know how it works.

How did the scouting work in M13? Did you do it all throughout the year, or was it off-season only? If you do it throughout the year, as 1NFAMOUS suggests, the import should happen at the beginning of the season. I know in HC Adam Shefler would chime in every month and update the CFB season and deliver the storyline player updates. Is that how it worked in M13?
In Madden 12(last year to use imports) You imported the players right before the Regular season starts; after Preseason ends. Madden 13 gave you so many scouting points every week during the regular season. If you didnt use them,theyd carry over to the next week and so-on.

As I said earlier, the developers predetermined about 10 or so players that would have story-lines; those players were the ones to be featured in the News section throughout the Regular season.

I remember one guy that was supposed to be the best defensive player coming out of the draft. Half way through the season, he punched some one out during a game. His projection dropped from a 1st rounder to like a 4th or 5th rounder. This was all revealed in the News section/ I'm guessing it's like a updated Adam on HC
Old 08-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 5

If anyone on here has NCAA 14 and is willing to upload a draft class, I will have Madden today to check out how the transition works. I have it for 360.

If I can get my hands on a draft class, I will look into/answer as many questions as I can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #22
Rookie

JTurk's Arena

OVR: 8
How will Madden 25's Draft work with imported rosters from NCAA '14?

Already seeing the imported draft classes from NCAA 14 have way too many overpowered QBs almost all of them had all A's and B's in every important detail for the position.

I will update this post with a picture shortly.....

Games Playing Now: Ncaa Football 14, UFC 2& NBA 2k16
Avid Cowboys, FSU and Mavs FAN!

Last edited by JTurk; 08-23-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #23
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

I have the Season ticket early access adn have imported a 2014 draft class and so far so good.

I can confirm that players who dont fit size wise who graduate but dont delcare for pro draft are available to draft (i.e) Teddy Bridgewater who's 6'3" 196lbs didnt get a pro grade in NCAA14 but came into Madden25 as a top 10 pick rated 86 overall and Jadeveon Clowny was an 86 overall both were 99's in NCAA (custom draft rosters I adjusted)
Old 08-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #24
Rookie

Phennixx's Arena

[quote=JTurk;2045382706]Already seeing the imported draft classes from NCAA 14 have way too many overpowered QBs almost all of them had all A's and B's in every important detail for the position.

Are you scouting them? or just the orignal import rating? I think they all are scrambled to hide ratings...just an assumption on my part right now

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »