Home

Need basic info on Player Progression (M25 beginner here)

This is a discussion on Need basic info on Player Progression (M25 beginner here) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2013, 02:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Need basic info on Player Progression (M25 beginner here)

I'm coming straight from Madden 12 (PS3), so I have no idea how the new progression system works. I'm not completely sure what XP is, and I'm not sure if that's the only way a player progresses.

I'm also not sure if it's fair for me to earn XP through practices and whatnot (is it like Training Camp in PS2 Madden where you earn points but never the CPU?). I'm starting a connected franchise offline and want everything to be fair.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Need basic info on Player Progression (M25 beginner here)

This is my take on practicing, it ruins your CFM. Since the CPU earns no XP for it you are giving yourself an unfair advantage. Most of the scenarios are 2,000 XP if you succeed. 17 weeks of season practice, plus 4 weeks of preseason practice, and any practices gained from making the playoffs (4 possible I believe). You have the potential to earn 50,000 XP for every player on your roster plus all the performance XP. I do a 32 team CFM so I can control certain aspects of the game and I will tell you I have never seen the CPU get 50,000 XP just from performance. In fact, the CPU seems to get hosed on XP. One season AJ Green had 90+ rec for almost 1500 yds which earned him 7,500 XP.

With 50,000 XP you can make a mediocre player into a solid player really quickly. I haven't practiced once in M25 and I still have several players who are rated 90+ using just performance XP. The huge negative to not practicing is that is the only way to get your backups XP apart from mop up duty. I don't know how EA expects you to get 25 passing td's for 3 qb's but that is what you have to do to earn XP for your 3rd string qb.

This year they did add in-season progression as well. I'm not well versed on this but I believe it's based on performance and it goes away in the offseason. Someone else might be able to explain that better than I can.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hmm interesting, thanks for the reply. Are the progression requirements for backup HB, WR, DE, CB, S, etc just as impossible as backup QB? Also, do they ever regress for not meeting expectations? I hated how in old maddens my young backup LB would regress just because he wasn't getting much playing time and therefore had almost no production.

If I can get realistic improvements from players who deserve it though, I guess I won't practice. My goal is realism, not creating an allstar team as fast as possible (well i guess that's everyone's goal, but I don't want to cheat the CPU to achieve it).

Last edited by gnastygnorc; 12-27-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #4
Rookie

preaceps's Arena

OVR: 6

Part of the problem also lies in the season goals for backups. Regression is a killer and when the backup QB has season goals of something insane like 25TD passes. This is likewise for OLB and HB n such. I am sorry but just looking at rec for all your WR would probably put you near or over the completions in a season record

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »