Home

NCAA Draft Class results/conversion

This is a discussion on NCAA Draft Class results/conversion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #81
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Draft Class results/conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I was a HUGE loser and went ahead and did some global edits where I thought necessary. Some examples:

QB: drop THA
HB: raise spd/acc/agi & drop awr
WR: drop cth ratings + raise spd/acc/agi
OL: drop blk ratings
DE: drop D ratings a bit
LB: drop D ratings a bit
CB/FS/SS: raise spd/acc/agi + drop mcv/zcv

The results were f'n amazing!

Bridgewater & Mariota are coming out early. I did not edit their year.

I had quite a few underclassmen skill guys come out along with some trench guys. (Clowney did not! smh)

I tested the QB's with dropping their THA some and it was amazing. If they had 94 THA in NCAA it would not differ much in the transition. Most QBs are now in the mid 80's and it is soooo much better. I just have a sim dynasty where I'm going to do this for my online league so we have legit draft classes.

I'm hoping the bump to spd/acc/agi works properly. That is one area where those positions really take a hit on the import. If I can get that mid 80s average speed to around 87-89 I'll be in heaven with these classes!
I would be very interested in these classes for my league. As would others I'm sure...I really am looking for some good ones in my online league and did think of editing NCAA ratings..but I don't have that game sadly. Keep us posted man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #82
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I was a HUGE loser and went ahead and did some global edits where I thought necessary. Some examples:

QB: drop THA
HB: raise spd/acc/agi & drop awr
WR: drop cth ratings + raise spd/acc/agi
OL: drop blk ratings
DE: drop D ratings a bit
LB: drop D ratings a bit
CB/FS/SS: raise spd/acc/agi + drop mcv/zcv

The results were f'n amazing!

Bridgewater & Mariota are coming out early. I did not edit their year.

I had quite a few underclassmen skill guys come out along with some trench guys. (Clowney did not! smh)

I tested the QB's with dropping their THA some and it was amazing. If they had 94 THA in NCAA it would not differ much in the transition. Most QBs are now in the mid 80's and it is soooo much better. I just have a sim dynasty where I'm going to do this for my online league so we have legit draft classes.

I'm hoping the bump to spd/acc/agi works properly. That is one area where those positions really take a hit on the import. If I can get that mid 80s average speed to around 87-89 I'll be in heaven with these classes!
Are you on ps3?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #83
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm on PS3 and just tested the full class in a test CFM.

Editing the rosters without a doubt works. Here's what I saw:

QB: THP varies a lot! Bridgewater was 82 then he was 91. So it's luck of the draw. I was able to drop THA into the low 80s, high 70s which was awesome. Default it is too good.

HB: Speed/accel were up across the board. Had a 95 spd guy and a couple 97 acc guys. Also noticed more guys were clustered into that 87-89 range instead of the 84-86 range. That is a huge victory. There were still a few guys who were sub 85 spd.

WR: Dropping cth a bit worked wonders. They also have the speed benefit of HB's.

OL: Much better blocking atts with the edits. Instead of high 80s for rbk/pbk and just fill in starters they were low 80s/high 70s.

DL: Didn't pay too much attention

CB: MCV & ZCV were down! There were a few awesome guys but for the most part these atts were high 70s/low 80s. Speed/accel = look at HB/WR notes.

I'm super pumped about these classes now. The issue is the wide range you might get on somebody. Having Bridgewater be 82 Throw Power in the 1st class then 91 Throw Power in class 2 is a bit mind boggling but it just means that guys in the CFM are going to have to scout that much better.

Overall I'm happy I took the time to edit the classes. It 100% worked in addressing some of the major concerns. Obviously when we load the class into our CFM it will be at the mercy of the rating generator but our CFM is now in a better position to have realistic rookie ratings.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #84
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I'm on PS3 and just tested the full class in a test CFM.

Editing the rosters without a doubt works. Here's what I saw:

QB: THP varies a lot! Bridgewater was 82 then he was 91. So it's luck of the draw. I was able to drop THA into the low 80s, high 70s which was awesome. Default it is too good.

HB: Speed/accel were up across the board. Had a 95 spd guy and a couple 97 acc guys. Also noticed more guys were clustered into that 87-89 range instead of the 84-86 range. That is a huge victory. There were still a few guys who were sub 85 spd.

WR: Dropping cth a bit worked wonders. They also have the speed benefit of HB's.

OL: Much better blocking atts with the edits. Instead of high 80s for rbk/pbk and just fill in starters they were low 80s/high 70s.

DL: Didn't pay too much attention

CB: MCV & ZCV were down! There were a few awesome guys but for the most part these atts were high 70s/low 80s. Speed/accel = look at HB/WR notes.

I'm super pumped about these classes now. The issue is the wide range you might get on somebody. Having Bridgewater be 82 Throw Power in the 1st class then 91 Throw Power in class 2 is a bit mind boggling but it just means that guys in the CFM are going to have to scout that much better.

Overall I'm happy I took the time to edit the classes. It 100% worked in addressing some of the major concerns. Obviously when we load the class into our CFM it will be at the mercy of the rating generator but our CFM is now in a better position to have realistic rookie ratings.
So you edited your entire roster in NCAA in order to achieve this? Or were you only working on a few selected players? If you made all these changes globally to the entire roster I would like a copy of your rosters if possible. That would fit right in with the FBG ratings I'm doing.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #85
ND

NDAlum's Arena

I edited the guys in NCAA who were above 84. These are the guys that will transport over in the draft classes.

The purpose of my posts were to let you know there is a way to globally edit NCAA to get better import results.

I am not going to share my draft classes. They are SOS Crew exclusive.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #86
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

This looks like the game is auto assigning a face that is comparable to the player's look from NCAA. Is this correct?

I know in previous versions, skinny black guys could have a fat white guy's picture, etc.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #87
ND

NDAlum's Arena

Yes it's very comparable. There are some guys in the middle who might swing one way or the other. Overall it's been about as good as you could imagine.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 2

there isn't a way to adjust attributes in already imported draft classes, is there?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »