Home

Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers)

This is a discussion on Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robrain
Update again:

36 year old QB Pop Warren relieves starter Matt Street and leads team back from 20-point deficit against Texas.

A storyline blurb about that Doug Bloot "Rudy" Kicker guy:

By Zip and By Kick:
"Eastern Michigan K Doug Bloot kicks three 60-yard plus FGs and throws for a TD in Eastern Michigan's 16-13 win over Central Michigan."

The following week:

Win in Reserve:
"Eastern Michigan K Doug Bloot relieves injured QB for second game in a row, throws 1 TD and kicks 2 FGs".

Considering that I cut Blaine Gabbert, and then benched Chad Henne in favor of my Punter at QB, maybe I'll take a shot on this guy, lol.

Fake tweet:

"Doug Bloot is a heck of clutch kicker, but he stepped way up to bring Eastern Michigan back from 10 down with his arm!"

New player storyline:

The New Nigerian Nightmare:
"Nigerian trakc star exchange student LeHigh RB Hakeem Okonkwo is fast and powerful; only injuries could slow him down."

Fake tweet about him:

"I know what everyone else does about Hakeem Okonkwo; grapevine says he's fast and strong. Beyond that? He's a mystery."

One more week later:

Comeback 'Kid' Does it Again:
"36-year-old backup QB Blake 'Pop' Warren again relieves TCU starter to lead furious 17-point comeback against Baylor to win the Conference."

Fake tweet:
"Can someone at TCU show some guts and make Pop Warren the starter already? Age is only a number!"

'The Boot' Gets Chance to Be 'The Arm':
"Eastern Michigan K Doug Bloot named starting QB."

Fake tweet:
"Talk about a rise to the top. Doug Bloot's rise from kicker to QB is like going from flank steak to filet."

Following week:

Triple Digits Times Three:
"Lehigh's Hakeem Okonkwo runs for 356 yards and 5 scores vs. Georgetown."

Fake tweet:

"Career day for Hakeem Okonkwo. By that I mean some careers don't feature 356 rushing yards. He did it in a game."

Big Time:
"UCF WR Shady Monroe sets school record for career touchdowns in just his third season."

Fake tweet:
"Loved the two Shady Monroe TDs against USF. Almost hit his head on the goalpost he jumped so high for one of them."

Following week:

Busting Through:
"Lehigh RB Hakeem 'Dream Shake' Okonkwo sets single season rushing yards mark in a win over Holy Cross."

Fake tweet:
"Guess who I'm hoping to get in the third round of my fantasy draft next year? Yep, Hakeem Okonkwo."

Following week:

Canada Born:
"University of BC WR DeMarcus Singleton is an unknown talent from up north in Canada."

Fake tweet:
"If DeMarcus Singleton is the real deal, we've got the next Victor Cruz on our hands."

Following week:

All in the Family:
"UBC WR DeMarcus Singleton has become a web sensation since releasing a highlight tape produced by his father."

Fake tweet:
"apparently a nfl player said demarcus singleton has 'hall of fame talent'. an unknown junior's that good? have my doubts."

Following week:

Border Run:
"UBC web sensation Demarcus 'Canada' Singleton ran a 4.25 in front of interested media proving that the viral tapes are legit."

Fake tweet:
"Need to see him in a game, but so far it seems DeMarcus Singleton is all he's cracked up to be. Which is way, way good."

Following week:
O Florida:
"UBC WR DeMarcus Singleton signs with Florida."

Fake tweet:
"Did anyone else believe DeMarcus Singleton when he said he always wanted to play for the Gators? Seemed inauthentic."

Finally, coaches Brian Billick and Jimmy Johnson came out of retirement at the end of the season. Fake Deion Sanders tweeted:

"Hey Jimmy...maybe you need a rookie corner that goes by Sandcastle."

Super Bowl week:

Singleton Returns to Gators:
"UBC WR DeMarcus Singleton says he'll return to Florida for senior season."

Fake tweet:
"When you see talent as good as DeMarcus Singleton you want him in the pros immediately, but he'll return to Florida."

Busted Skull:
"UCF WR Shady Monroe suffered a concussion while dunking in a streetball tournament; will miss the combine."

Fake tweet:
"Shady Monroe's streetball legend father Stretch needs to keep his kid off the basketball courts until the millions pour in."

Bloot Beyond Just the Boot:
"Eastern Michigan K Doug Bloot known as 'The Boot' said he wants a shot at both QB and kicker with whatever team drafts him.

Fake tweet:
"Life's gotten pretty hilarious when kicker's start making demands. Nice one, Doug Bloot."

Combine / Pro Day week:

Elder Statesman:
"36-year-old TCU QB Blake 'Pop' Warren wows scouts at Pro Day; draws comparisons to Andrew Luck."

Fake tweet:
"Upside aside, how much does Pop Warren have in the tank? He's 36! Why are teams even THINKING about drafting him?"

Impossible Burst:
"Lehigh RB Hakeem Okonkwo is beast at Pro Day, as scouts are amazed that a man his size could have that much burst and agility."

Fake tweet:
"Watching Hakeem Okonkwo is unreal. Buses that size don't go zero to sixty in .001 seconds. But he does."

Long, Tall, Shady:
"UCF WR Shady Monroe turns heads at Pro Day after adding bulk to six eight frame and turning in impressive 40 time."

Fake tweet:
"Quick rethink on Shady Monroe. He's got wheels. Speed with that height. Code name: Unstoppable."

Week after / Week of the draft:

Win Now:
"TCU QB Blake 'Pop' Warren is a Texas cult hero, but at 36 and only two games under his belt, he's a draft longshot."

Fake tweet:
"Here's the deal: if you want to win now, take Pop Warren with a late pick and just see. There's something there."

Stick to the Kick:
"Eastern Michigan K/QB hybrid Doug Bloot enters NFL considered excellent kicking prospect with no future as quarterback."

Fake tweet:
"Fair enough that Doug Bloot wants a shot to play QB. But no chance. But he will be the lone kicker drafted in this class."

Within Reach:
"UCF WR Shady Monroe considered a dominant red zone threat in the mold of Calvin Johnson Jr."

Fake tweet:
"With speed issues resolved at Shady Monroe's Pro Day, guess that means he just jogged through his college career?"

The Pride of Lehigh:
"Comparisons to Christian Okoye continue when scouts speak about Lehigh RB Hakeem Okonkwo, though he's only played one season."

Fake tweet:
"Hard for scouts to temper enthusiasm for Hakeem Onkonkwo. He's only played one real season. But that season was gold."

Random:

...lol WTF? I took over the Jags on this sim-through, and my 5th string MLB "Michael Zimmer" ended up winning the defensive rookie of the year after I traded away everyone on the depth chart in front of him.

He had 120 tackles (Geno Hayes had 221, leading the league and winning DEFMVP), 1 sack, and 2 forced fumbles in 13 games. Is that rookie of the year material?
Here are the stats for all of the players I drafted in the Pop Warren draft:

WR - Shady Monroe - Projected @ 1.09:
Height: 6'8"
Weight: 240lbs
Red Zone Threat (Overall): 81
CTH: 82
CIT: 92
SPC: 93
RTE: 75
RLS: 75
JMP: 92
SPD: 97
ACC: 75
STR: 87
AGI: 75
AWR: 50
ELU: 70
TRK: 90
SFA: 82
JKM: 79
SPM: 71
CAR: 82
RBK: 74
IBL: 59
STA: 78
TGH: 87
INJ: 87
Personality: 90

HB - Hakeem Okonkwo - Projected @ 1.25:
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 260
Power Back (Overall): 80
SPD: 80
ACC: 88
AGI: 92
ELU: 85
BCV: 83
CAR: 78
AWR: 71
TRK: 90
SFA: 87
STR: 82
SPM: 85
JKM: 83
CTH: 78
CIT: 83
SPC: 76
RTE: 92
PBK: 66
RET: 82
STA: 77
TGH: 85
INJ: 82
Personality: 79

QB - Pop Warren - Projected @ 3.15:
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 221
Strong Arm (Overall): 84
THP: 87
SAC: 97
MAC: 95
DAC: 86
Throw on the Run (RUN): 75
PAC: 92
AWR: 76
SPD: 76
STR: 84
AGI: 88
ACC: 74
ELU: 66
CAR: 73
BCV: 76
JKM: 70
SPM: 69
SFA: 57
TRK: 56
STA: 74
TGH: 74
INJ: 84
Personality: 86

Pop Warren's passing accuracy stats look godly if you aren't trying to throw 50 yard bombs every play. Granted, he'll only be useful for who knows how many years (I'm about to find out!) but he seems like one hell of a stopgap at QB. I drafted Pop at the end of the 1st Round just to make sure I got all the storyline players in this franchise year (Pick #1.23). That incredible accuracy came at the cool cost of $3.6M in salary over 4 years, plus $4.2M in bonus money. His cap numbers, including the bonus money, are: $1.63M, $1.8M, $2.03M, $2.34M. That's for his age 36, 37, 38, and 39 seasons (assuming he plays out his full contract and doesn't retire early I guess).

Getting 97 Short Accuracy and 95 Medium Accuracy at those cap prices is absurdly awesome for a team that didn't have a QB. Also, his hidden "Throw Accuracy" stat is 91.

Lastly, I've backed him up in case of an injury with that K/QB as my emergency QB option:

K - Doug Bloot - Projected @ 7.30:
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 184
KPW: 92
KAC: 75
SPD: 75
ACC: 77
AGI: 73
STR: 74
AWR: 73
STA: 76
TGH: 82
INJ: 91
Personality: 7 (okay, so he's not much of a talker...)
QB stats:
THP: 63
SAC: 58
MAC: 60
DAC: 64
Throw on the Run: 58
PAC: 56
AWR: 36

Okay, looking at those stats, there's no way you'd want him to be even your backup QB. Tim Tebow's passing stats are light years better than Bloot's, lol.

Other non-storyline players I drafted:

C - Kirby Marske - Projected @ 1.19:
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 343
Big Mauler (Overall): 81
RBK: 78
PBK: 79
IBL: 87
STR: 82
SPD: 76
ACC: 72
AWR: 79
AGI: 66
STA: 75
TGH: 75
INJ: 94
Personality: 67

Hard to find that kind of size at the C position. I drafted the next guy as added depth:

C - Devonte Pravia - Projected @ 2.23:
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 335
Big Mauler (Overall): 79
RBK: 85
PBK: 73
IBK: 74
STR: 87
SPD: 70
ACC: 73
AWR: 75
AGI: 76
TGH: 79
INJ: 92
Personality: 67

Was also able to get a great RG.

RG - LeVarius Ballard - Projected @ 2.16:
Weight: 347
Big Mauler (Overall): 81
RBK: 78
PBK: 88
IBL: 88
STR: 89
SPD: 68
ACC: 65
AWR: 66
AGI: 67
STA: 88
INJ: 91
Personality: 38

Drafted this guy for added depth at the position:

RG - Devron Lynn - Projected @ 4.21:
Weight: 292
Big Mauler (Overall): 60
RBK: 74
PBK: 56
IBL: 65
SPD: 77
ACC: 69
AWR: 55
STA: 81
TGH: 86
INJ: 83
Personality: 41

Likely won't play for me, but I'll train him up and try to trade him for something in the final year of his contract.

I also needed a starting LG immediately (rebuilding the Jags franchise from scratch), so I drafted this guy, who looks coachable:

LG - Quentin Jimmerson - Projected @ 3.18:
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 336
Big Mauler (Overall): 74
RBK: 92
PBK: 75
IBK: 87
STR: 79
SPD: 64
ACC: 65
AWR: 64
TGH: 86
INJ: 86
Personality: 10

Will probably get phased into a backup role once I find a better physical specimen at the position.

MLB - Torry Stone - Projected @ 1.26:
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 241
Prototype (Overall): 77
TAK: 85
SPD: 87
ACC: 85
AGI: 78
AWR: 74
PMV: 57
FMV: 64
BSH: 65
PUR: 75
PRC: 79
MCV: 68
ZCV: 56
PRS: 70
CTH: 67
JMP: 78
STA: 87
Personality: 74

Pretty decent stats across the board. If I find a MLB better than him in a future draft, by that point he'd be ridiculously solid depth at that position.

Lastly, I drafted this guy be my backup RB behind Okonkwo:

HB - Tyre Defee - Projected @ 3.32:
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 244
Power Back (Overall): 77
SPD: 87
ACC: 84
AGI: 83
ELU: 72
AWR: 66
BCV: 79
CAR: 87
TRK: 80
SFA: 75
SPM: 85
JKM: 90
CTH: 87
CIT: 77
SPC: 65
RTE: 65
PBK: 70
RET: 65
STA: 77
TGH: 76
Personality: 30

Should be a great change of pace back behind Okonkwo.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #170
Rookie

Also, out of the players above, all had Normal/AVG DEV except for:

HB - Tyre Defee - QUICK DEV
RG - LeVaris Ballard - QUICK DEV
C - Devonte Pravia - QUICK DEV
MLB - Torry Stone - QUICK DEV
Old 09-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #171
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Did anyone take that Shady Monroe guy and switch him to a TE? Sounds like he'd be pretty great there.
I drafted him with that plan, I haven't yet. Only thing I don't like about him is his speed so I've been working of his route running so he can create some separation. He has great hands and can go way upstairs to get passes, and can hurdle defenders with ease. He can carry defenders on his back for 5-10+ yards at times. He's fun to play with when he gets the ball, it's just hard to get it to him right now.

If he had blazing speed he'd be the most dominate thing ever. Probably why it's so low. All in all, he's a nice guy to have on the roster, especially at a 6 or 7th round pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #172
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
I drafted him with that plan, I haven't yet. Only thing I don't like about him is his speed so I've been working of his route running so he can create some separation. He has great hands and can go way upstairs to get passes, and can hurdle defenders with ease. He can carry defenders on his back for 5-10+ yards at times. He's fun to play with when he gets the ball, it's just hard to get it to him right now.

If he had blazing speed he'd be the most dominate thing ever. Probably why it's so low. All in all, he's a nice guy to have on the roster, especially at a 6 or 7th round pick.
For me he had 97 spd but poor agility and acceleration (75 each)
Old 09-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #173
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunChips
For me he had 97 spd but poor agility and acceleration (75 each)
For me his speed is 83

I've got the Wolverine Justice draft, any players of note or hidden gems?

Last edited by BTownSlinger; 09-05-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #174
Rookie

In mine just I had Pop Warren take over in week 1 due to an Injury and go on to win the Heisman. Still predicted undrafted but comes out as 84 OVR. Can't remember other vital stats as i went forward to see if i got the repeated draft....i then Rage Quit when after reloading several times I was still seeing Wolverine Justice and cried in corner. Outrageous name but it's something I can't live with. Silly Madden
Old 09-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #175
Rookie

ducey58's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Hollywood
has anybody been able to draft Ben Bones?
I drafted him, 90 spd 95 str

He is an animal, not great stamina though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #176
Rookie

Nate.Walton1's Arena

In the Bobak draft I was able to get 2 wr's later in the draft, Boyce, and Decarvalho. I used them to replace DHB and Wayne on my Colt's team. Boyce is Superstar dev, with 95 spd, accel etc. Just a beast on the long routes. And Decarvalho was fast dev, now superstar, with about the same spd but only 88 acc. He is a CIT beast though, 6'2, and high carrying and CIT right out of the draft.
Separate note: On madden 13, OVR ratings didnt dip much if you stopped targeting a receiver/te. In 25 it seems that if I forget about a WR for a few games he dips down 10+ points OVR.. Anyone else notice this? TY Hilton is 90 in everything, ranked 79 OVR after being in the low 90's last year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »