Home

Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going?

This is a discussion on Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How is your CFM going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman14
Reading all this makes me want to start my Texans Cfm but I'm trying to wait for the next roster update.
When is the roster update supposed to be out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #122
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going?

Started a Raiders CFM, decided to give Terelle Pryor the keys to the offense. He and McFadden had great years, McFadden stayed healthy and ran for over 1300 yards, and even with no weapons surrounding him, Pryor threw for over 2500 yards and 14 TDs.

Resigned McFadden to an extension and got some weapons for Pryor in the draft and free agency. Signed Jeremy Maclin and Josh Cribbs in FA to go alongside Denarius Moore. Drafted Charles Sims out of Houston to get some depth in the backfield. Ray Lewis came out of retirement to sign with us, got Quinten Mikell and Deangelo Hall to go with DJ Hayden in the secondary, and drafted Aaron Lynch out of USF and Ed Stinson out of Alabama to shore up the defensive front.

We went 11-5 on the year, winning the division. Pryor threw for over 3000 yards, had 21 TDs and only 5 INTs. McFadden got hurt in the last game of the season, and Maclin was 11th in the league in reception yards. The defense played exceptional, and we just beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship game in dominating fashion. It's on to the Superbowl!

For his outstanding play the last two years, Terelle Pryor has progressed all the way to an 86 overall. It will be interesting to see what he's rated at if we win the Superbowl in two weeks against Matt Ryan and the Falcons!

Last edited by Gosens6; 09-05-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #123
Pro

OVR: 0
Icon6 Ouch

So, my friend and I have been following a similar pattern for years: we start with the Eagles, and trade away every player for picks, simming over several seasons until the team is entirely composed of computer-generated rookies. Once that is finally all in place, we start playing out the games and try to build into a contender. At the point we start playing games, our team is invariably awful, in terms of OVR rating compared to other teams in the league. Of course we have some high-potential players; typically there are a few players in the 80s at least. But when you look at the overall team rating, we're usually around a 75 when most teams in the league are 80 and above. I play with Armor and Sword's All-Madden sliders.

So, yesterday I was at the point in my Madden 25 franchise where I was finally ready to start playing games out. I went through the pre-season and we didn't look very good. However, that wasn't surprising since my starters aren't all that great, and my backups are even weaker, and they were on the field for three quarters of each game.

Anyway, I get to the first game of the season, and I'm facing the Chicago Tigers, who finished 1-15 last season. I think, "Wow, I have a decent shot at opening the season with a win!" I typically play as the FS and don't switch during plays. I have a 80 OVR FS, making him one of the better players on my squad right now. The Tigers score first, with a TD. We answer back with a field goal. They come back and drive down to around the 5 yard line. Third and goal, and I want to keep them to a field goal at most. I'm in a Cover 2 of sorts, with me covering the right half as I look at the screen. The Tigers' QB drops back, and looks to hit his TE in the flat . . . exactly in my zone. I can totally see it coming. I step in front of the pass with perfect timing . . . NOTHING but green in front of me . . . and . . . WHIFFFFFFF. Right through my arms. The TE catches it, TD, down 14-3.

Ugh. Haha. I must have looked at the replay 10 times. I swear, he reaches for the ball and everything. It literally went right through his hands!!

It went downhill from there. Ended up on the wrong end of a 29-10 drubbing. Gonna be a long season, haha! (It's all good, btw, I am not complaining. I enjoy trying to build these guys back up. I just thought it was a fun story.)

~S
Old 09-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #124
Rookie

TMAG1C's Arena

OVR: 4

Currently beginning my Jags franchise. I picked up Tebow in FA and plan on making him my starting QB, even though I love Gabbert. Probably one of my favorite college QB's ever. I am also going to try and take a different route with Denard.

Last edited by TMAG1C; 09-05-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #125
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

Seems that the Raiders and Jags are the top teams to start a CFM with. At least of the people that post here.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #126
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldTonk
Seems that the Raiders and Jags are the top teams to start a CFM with. At least of the people that post here.
IKR! I might have to bail and use Cleveland instead.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #127
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

Dolphins win the Super Bowl! Got into playoffs with 10-6 wildcard and won!

Dolphins: 27
Cowboys: 20

MVP: RG3. 303 passing yds, 60 rushing yards, 3 passing TDs, 158.1 passer rating.

Finally my fantasy team lives up to its potential...

Now I think I'll do a real dynasty mode, fantasy does get boring after two seasons. Undecided on whether I'll pick a stacked team (Seahawks), a team with talent that needs direction (Panthers, Colts, Eagles, Lions) or a complete rebuild and/or relocate (Jags, Bills, Cardinals)
Old 09-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #128
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

Can the 49ers move to LA? That might be interesting...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »