Home

Actual rating vs. Scheme rating for contracts

This is a discussion on Actual rating vs. Scheme rating for contracts within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Actual rating vs. Scheme rating for contracts

When it's time to negotiate a contract, are player's demands based on their actual rating or the rating in the scheme? My left tackle, who's rated 86 but rated 97 in my scheme, wants $58 million over 6 years. That's elite player money and he's not an elite player. Are there ways around giving him all this money? Maybe move him to guard or change my scheme?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #2
Just started!

Ribkage's Arena

Re: Actual rating vs. Scheme rating for contracts

you should just pay him there are few positions on a team that are as important as an OT..If your looking for a way around paying him why dont you just turn the cap off.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:42 PM   #3
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbranson
When it's time to negotiate a contract, are player's demands based on their actual rating or the rating in the scheme? My left tackle, who's rated 86 but rated 97 in my scheme, wants $58 million over 6 years. That's elite player money and he's not an elite player. Are there ways around giving him all this money? Maybe move him to guard or change my scheme?

I'm fairly sure it goes off of your scheme. I know at the start of a franchise, a FA will ask for different pay. It's based off OVR in your scheme. However, I've never tried to work around a re-sign. It's worth a shot.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:30 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribkage
you should just pay him there are few positions on a team that are as important as an OT..If your looking for a way around paying him why dont you just turn the cap off.
Not trying to turn the cap off, but I'm not about to make this guy one of the top 10 paid tackles in the league when he's not rated that high. I've spent too much money on my other big name players like Cam Newton and Greg Hardy, not to mention Charles Johnson's previously existing big contract. I seriously can't afford to shell out elite money to an above average tackle with normal development. If I can't win the Super Bowl this year, I have to find a shut down corner. That's the missing piece of my team to get me over the hump.

And I've tried switching schemes and it didn't have an effect on his contract demands. I can't even move him to any position other than right tackle. Guess I'll have to tough it out and see if I can find someone new at that postition

Last edited by macbranson; 01-19-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:39 AM   #5
Just started!

your looking for a way around paying him why dont you just turn the cap off.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »