Home

Some things to consider w/OF/IF run speed sliders and OF throw speeds...Read

This is a discussion on Some things to consider w/OF/IF run speed sliders and OF throw speeds...Read within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Lightbulb Some things to consider w/OF/IF run speed sliders and OF throw speeds...Read

So I have played a solid months worth of franchise games with my nationals with I believe balzzens sliders and I have come to a discovery with the sliders set that have really opened up the game in about three areas:

1. OF/IF speeds - Everyone on here has their slider speed set to the min of 30 for BOTH the OF/IF. The problem I ran into with this was there were no seperation of speed vs the "jim edmonds" of baseball if you will. ESPECIALLY in the infield. It seemed like to mnay balls were getting reached with very little effort by even the mediocre of fielders. Then I thought about how this game was developed out of the box with the players ratings being the focus. I since then have set this game back to 20 at the default and this is where it needs to be if you want some sim and realistic results. I have since then seen animations that have surfaced out of nowhere and looked awesome. Like when I played the marlins and I saw a sweet glove flip to turn two against me. Or when the Zim master dove for Q shot down the 3B line that if the slider was any higher than 20 he would have just ran to it and gloved it. Trust me 20 (for user/CPU) is the magic number as the game was developed around the player ratings with this slider in mind.

OF throw speed - This took some time to get down but either way it has to be tweaked to be anything near realistic. 70 is MY magic number. I get a good balance of OF assists where appropriate and more importantly I get the feel of an actual MLB throw...especially since sometimes animations get in this sort of momentum block where nothing happens and I am waiting for the dummy to throw and what should have been a single, the hesitation costs me a double. Trust me when I say 70 is a good place to be. IF throw speed I left at blazzens (which is at 60) because I felt it was perfect.

Baserunner speed - this frustrates me so much because the aniamtions are so off that its hard to really guage what is a true perfect spped to be at. I left it a blazzens deafult which is 35 and I am happy with what I get. You might not be, but would say start here at 35 and go DOWN if anything. Going any higher will piss yall off to no end with the unrealistic doubles and triples.

All in all I wanted to post this because it has made a huge difference in playing the games. What I wish I could do is change the CPU batting AI somehow as I feel they are too patient with pitches. Its like I am FORCED into throwing thier pitch no matter what, but then again I guess that is what MLB talent si SUPPOSED to do! LOL The only thing else I changes was the CPU pitch sucess up to 75 just because I hit really well...my boy danny espinosa is killing the league as well as jason werth which is a surprise for sure! Have fun with the game with these sliders. Something as small as this changes the dynamics of the game for sure.

Last edited by BlackBetty15; 07-09-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Some things to consider w/OF/IF run speed sliders and OF throw speeds...Read

interesting take...what about infield throw speeds?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Re: Some things to consider w/OF/IF run speed sliders and OF throw speeds...Read

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
interesting take...what about infield throw speeds?
I left it at Blazzens recomendation which I believe was 60(it is 60 BTW I just checked). You will have to check but this was golden for the ratings of players.

*something to ponder on the side that I myself am taking a closer look at. Strikeouts are at an alltime high to go along with generally poor batting averages. I think ESPN or MLB.com put out a pretty astoninshong article talking about the lack of skill in hitting this year and therefore someof the sliders need to be reworked to reflect actual life tendecies. The majority of slider stats that people were operating with are based off the opposite effect.

Last edited by BlackBetty15; 07-09-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:47 PM   #4
Rookie

PutridExistence's Arena

OVR: 0

Can you put these in a list for us dummies? Like:

IF speed:
OF speed:

etc.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

^^ To simplify his thread:

IF speed: 20
OF speed: 20
IF throw speed: 60
OF throw speed: 70

Someone might want to double-check my ability to read, but I think this sums it up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 PM   #6
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Great thread like your ideas BB i tried your settings for a few innings and saw a nice david wright diving stop and some close of grabs which i very rarely saw before. Gonna stick with these for my mets chise on mks rosters

If this works out and keeps the stats realistic it would give you a reason to have defensive minded players on your team to sub late innings and such. Adds more strategy problem is the cpu manager is so stupid he wouldnt play along but oh well.

Only concern is if it increases triples too much. i use blazzens mixed with mks with a few tweaks using hit stick. Do you have any other changes to blazzens sliders besides the if/of and pitch success Great work if you mk and blazzen all teamed up it would be the super slider set of all time!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #7
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
^^ To simplify his thread:

IF speed: 20
OF speed: 20
IF throw speed: 60
OF throw speed: 70

Someone might want to double-check my ability to read, but I think this sums it up!
And baserunning at 35...important on that one. I will upload the sliders on live tonight and post them, but I basically did blazzens set with the above changes. I also dropped the CPU power to 65 and their contact to 50, but thats it.

Last edited by BlackBetty15; 07-09-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason: The sliders I use
Old 07-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Great thread like your ideas BB i tried your settings for a few innings and saw a nice david wright diving stop and some close of grabs which i very rarely saw before. Gonna stick with these for my mets chise on mks rosters

If this works out and keeps the stats realistic it would give you a reason to have defensive minded players on your team to sub late innings and such. Adds more strategy problem is the cpu manager is so stupid he wouldnt play along but oh well.

Only concern is if it increases triples too much. i use blazzens mixed with mks with a few tweaks using hit stick. Do you have any other changes to blazzens sliders besides the if/of and pitch success Great work if you mk and blazzen all teamed up it would be the super slider set of all time!
Yea the balance is in the Baserunning which is blazzens recomendation @35. Mixed with the OF throw speed this is really good. The only thing I changed from blazzen was:

CPU/USER
OF throw speed:70
IF Throw speed: 60
Baserunning: 35
OF/IF run speed:20

CPU power 65
CPU contact 50

Thats it, I do use MKharsh rosters with my own edit (2K made a really horrible danny espinosa so I created my own that looks awesome and I made my own bryce harper. I can upload those two dudes to the DNA share if everyone wants) Overall blazzen did an awesome job I just changed a little bit here and there and made the experience that much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »