Home

Looks like we may have HOMERUN problem again

This is a discussion on Looks like we may have HOMERUN problem again within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2010, 06:20 PM   #17
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Looks like we may have HOMERUN problem again

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke776
Andrew Reiner, the guy over at Game Informer who did the impressions on my player and now franchise.

http://gameinformer.com/blogs/editor...-mlb-2k10.aspx

The last page is the only franchise stuff so far, and he mentions the stuff about Lee's homeruns on the last page of the comments section.
Okay cool thanks! I did not make the association.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTitan
he switched it from Pro to Allstar and then had to do a custum difficulty because allstar was hard.
It was hard. So he made it easier, and is now bitching abut the stats?

I really feel for developers, because gamers are frickin' ********.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 9

Well, I'm not buying the game. This did it for me.

People seem to ignore the simple fact that, this game or series has always had a problem with the easy levels (rookie, pro) being too insanely easy and the harder levels being absolutely impossible. Then people say "just use the sliders and when you do there is no correct mix. It's still junk gameplay and you're constantly tinkering.

This is a signal flare, and the first major one that in fact confirms this game is just no good. It's not sim baseball. It's not realistic.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #20
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

If there's one thing this series has always had, it was good-working sliders. That said, outside of defaults you can always find that certain niche you feel you'll need for making it work.

That being said, I never hit a home run in the 2K9 demo. I didn't play it very much at all, but I never did hit one. I don't know how big a problem this will be for me.

I honestly think the timing window will be the biggest issue in Pro difficulty, because as the video showed, opposite field home runs will be hard to come by, as well as improper timing depending on the pitch. If he lowered it down to where it should be on All-Star, it should probably be more difficult for him.

This still isn't any excuse for 2K, though. I see nothing "Pro" about being able to hit 25 home runs with somebody, even if it is the second lowest difficulty level. I always wish they were much better with their default stuff, especially if I'm going to have to try and get a perfect game on All-Star. Nevertheless, I think we'll all find some great slider sets given a week's time, and as I said... this will pretty much be a non-issue.

The only way it may be an issue is tied in with the exact reason I don't like power and contact swinging controls being separated. How do you think he's hitting his home runs with Lee? With contact? No sir, he's doing it with power. Now ask how he's hitting with Mike Fontenot. Consequently, how many home runs does he have with him? This is where the issue may arise, unfortunately.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

Last edited by Blzer; 02-15-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBruce32
Well, I'm not buying the game. This did it for me.
No. This didn't do it for you. You said you would not buy this game no matter what five months ago. This is just a chance for you to whine about a game you have no intention of buying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 07:26 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawker
No. This didn't do it for you. You said you would not buy this game no matter what five months ago. This is just a chance for you to whine about a game you have no intention of buying.
Don't start gettin' all heated over this. MLB 2K10 has the potential to be good and the probability to be bad. That's just the way it is. You're flat out wrong for defending this game. Its been a mess for the past 2 years.

If all you have is a 360 and aren't satisfied with MLB 2K, then you should consider getting a Sony system sometime.

Last edited by 500Feet; 02-15-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:29 PM   #23
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontHateOnNumber2
The fielding was a huge issue in 2K9. I swear I lost count of how many times the right fielder just stood there, unable to move, and let a routine fly ball drop behind him.
That was almost nonexistant after the patch. I had that happen like once in the 45-50 games I played in my franchise.

Is this the same guy that's pitching complete game shut-outs in 90 pitches? If so, I'm not worried one bit.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 02-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #24
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
That was almost nonexistant after the patch. I had that happen like once in the 45-50 games I played in my franchise.
I'm sorry but I find that hard to believe. I've played a ton of games after the patch and you still saw the same BS. They only did a minor tweak to tone it down a little but you still saw guys miss a ton of easy flyballs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »