Home

Looks like we may have HOMERUN problem again

This is a discussion on Looks like we may have HOMERUN problem again within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Looks like we may have HOMERUN problem again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500Feet
Don't start gettin' all heated over this. MLB 2K10 has the potential to be good and the probability to be bad. That's just the way it is. You're flat out wrong for defending this game. Its been a mess for the past 2 years.

If all you have is a 360 and aren't satisfied with MLB 2K, then you should consider getting a Sony system sometime.
Why is he wrong for pointing out the obvious. Many people come over to this section to bash, call-out & criticize. Some with no intention of buying 2k baseball.

Also why is it everybody has to tell others to go buy a ps3 & the show & be done with it? Do you people really think it's just that easy for many to do that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 07:59 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Don't start gettin' all heated over this. MLB 2K10 has the potential to be good and the probability to be bad. That's just the way it is. You're flat out wrong for defending this game. Its been a mess for the past 2 years.

If all you have is a 360 and aren't satisfied with MLB 2K, then you should consider getting a Sony system sometime.
What does this have to do with my post?

I was pointing out the obvious. This dude has stated several times that he will never buy another 2K baseball game. But he always acts like "this is it!" He offers nothing to the discussion, but serves as an example for exactly the kind of unproductive diatribe that brings out the worst in everybody.

It would be great if all of those guys that ranted and raved about 2K Baseball for the last two years bugged off. They said they were done. I just wish it was so.

If the game is good they will be welcomed back. If the game blows, what need is there for them, exactly. They won't have bought the game, so they have nothing to offer.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:01 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Also why is it everybody has to tell others to go buy a ps3 & the show & be done with it? Do you people really think it's just that easy for many to do that?
I didn't say he should buy a PS3. I said Sony system. A used PS2 costs about $35 and a used PSP is about $85. Those are both alternatives to as well.

No, I don't think it's " just that easy ", which again, is why I said, SONY SYSTEM and not PS3.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4
Me? Complete game shut outs on 90 pitches? I wish.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #29
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

You realize that what you're doing is called trolling right?? The game isn't even out and you're telling people to buy a ps3 on a 2k forum, and we know why.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #30
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

I will say this though. This game should not have any Home Run problems especially since it's been a problem since 2k7. Sliders will work, but it shouldn't need them out the box for HR's atleast. If the HR issues are still there then it's truly sad that 2k releases another baseball game with the same problem people have been complaining for years.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:45 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 32

The blog still gives me hope. He didn't get much sleep over the weekend because he was playing 2K10. He said he was very impressed with the franchise mode. I also loved how he talked about the presentation and how good it was. That's the stuff that draws me to video games.

The sim stats still look horrible, though. Jose Reyes with 33 bombs and Rollins with 37? It looks like it's still a very lopsided offensive machine, with Peavy winning the Cy Young with a 3.8+ ERA and 108 walks. Hopefully they fix the sim stats before release and make pitching stats more realistic. In the heavily talented AL, you still had some guys last year that started 30+ games and finished the season with an ERA of 2.5 or less.

They need to tone the offense down...

Overall, I am still very interested in this game and learning more in the coming days/weeks. I could buy a PS3 but it wouldn't be wise of me to do so, but I am craving a good baseball game. It doesn't even have to be great, but I just pray I get a decent sim experience and a game that can engulf me and is fun to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 11

I was going to buy this game, but after reading that, I think I'll hold off and see if they patch things

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »