Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2011, 07:35 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

Just picked up MLB 2k11 today @ EB games. Traded in 3 games and got it for free. Actually I still have a $13 on top of that.

Anywhore....

Just created my player for 2011 version. Center fielder for the Twins. 6'2 215lbs. Bats left, throws right. Will post update once I get the call to the majors.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:53 AM   #114
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by School Yard Pro
Just picked up MLB 2k11 today @ EB games. Traded in 3 games and got it for free. Actually I still have a $13 on top of that.

Anywhore....

Just created my player for 2011 version. Center fielder for the Twins. 6'2 215lbs. Bats left, throws right. Will post update once I get the call to the majors.
Good choice on purchasing MLB 2k11. MLB 11 The show is a bit to realistic for the casual gamer. Now, when playing the My Player mode, I suggest to play out your entire AA season while balancing your attributes. Finish all your Call Up Goals EXCEPT for one. You do not want to be called up to the Major Leagues during mid season and play half a season with astonishing numbers and not be eligible for the Rookie Of The Year award. So, I personally suggest that you play out the double AA season. You will then get invited to Spring Training. There you will need to have the BEST overall ranking of the center field position in your organization to start your second season in the Major Leagues. Good luck my man.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:35 AM   #115
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamJAlvarez
Good choice on purchasing MLB 2k11. MLB 11 The show is a bit to realistic for the casual gamer. Now, when playing the My Player mode, I suggest to play out your entire AA season while balancing your attributes. Finish all your Call Up Goals EXCEPT for one. You do not want to be called up to the Major Leagues during mid season and play half a season with astonishing numbers and not be eligible for the Rookie Of The Year award. So, I personally suggest that you play out the double AA season. You will then get invited to Spring Training. There you will need to have the BEST overall ranking of the center field position in your organization to start your second season in the Major Leagues. Good luck my man.

Thanks But this isn't my first baseball game. I'm just stuck with 2k11 since we have an 360 at the moment.

Restarted my player with the Braves organization. Molding my player after what Beltran should have been. After the first month @ AA I'm batting .425 with 10 steals, 10 rbi and 0 home runs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #116
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27

Haven't posted on this thread in a while even though I've been playing My Player mode for a non stop week. I am currently on a 85 or something HIT STREAK (LOL) with 81 homers and 222 RBI's in my 2nd year (First FULL year) and my overall is currently at 91.

I am only missing like 5 more goals and I can be called a Hall Of Famer.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:58 PM   #117
Rookie

Wow. 81 game hit streak eh? Maybe it's time to increase the difficulty?

As for my player I'm heading into AA all-star week. Batting .434 with 1 homerun, 12 rbi and 13 stolen bases. My singles are turning into doubles slowly but surely.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #118
Rookie

Hey guys, new around here and new to the game, just bought it 2 days ago. I haven't played a baseball game in probably about 10 years and am loving this game a ton. I went straight for "My Player" and made a starting pitcher and got a random "draft" to the Yanks so that's sweet.

Anyways, was hoping someone could lend some advice on basic gameplan/strategy for SP's? Basically what I'm planning is to play out the whole AA season and up Stam/Composure to 90+ along with the "vs Righties" stat to mid 80s. I'll hold off on vs. Lefties and leave it at 59 (so I don't get called up). Other than that the game plan is to get a couple pitches into the mid 80s overall rating (fastball & slider) and then to pool as many points as possible for dumping them into "vs Lefties" prior to being called up.

Does this sound like a solid strategy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated (seen a few strategy posts for hitters but not too much in the way of pitchers).

Also: is there a priority to the stat thoughts I've laid out above? (ie, def dump all points into stamina first before anything else?).

Thanks,

Matt
Old 04-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 1

Can someone answer how people are playing with starting pitchers? Doesn't the game make you start every game? Or does that stop once you reach the majors or something?

I'm confused since I hear some people say they are playing with a starting pitcher.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry if this has been touched on before.

Does anyone know how to cover 1st as a pitcher in this game? When there's a grounder to 1st, my pitcher won't/can't move to cover 1st, and the runner will end up being safe. I can move freely on any other play, just not on grounders to first. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

GO CUBS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »