Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #177
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

Pitched a perfect game on the road against San Diego at Petco Park the other day. The manager rewarded me by letting me start the very next game on 0 days rest against the Padres again. I pitched 3 shutout innings (giving up 1 hit this time) before getting taken out. What the hell?
Old 07-31-2011, 07:03 AM   #178
Rookie

On my pitcher, I got off to a HORRIBLE start. I had 13 games, and my record was 2-9 -_-. I had a 6.34 E.R.A. with 5x more hits than strike-outs. I stayed in the minors for the whole season.. Then, for some akward reason, at the first game of the next season, i was called up to the Major's... Weird, huh? Well, long story short, i went 25-0 that season with a 0.95 era, 452 Strike-outs, and threw 6 no hitters.. Six! Lolol So far in my second season in the majors im 12 games in with 10 wins and 0 losses. 35-0 in my career so far, and im at 532 k's o.o?
Old 07-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #179
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailopotomous
On my pitcher, I got off to a HORRIBLE start. I had 13 games, and my record was 2-9 -_-. I had a 6.34 E.R.A. with 5x more hits than strike-outs. I stayed in the minors for the whole season.. Then, for some akward reason, at the first game of the next season, i was called up to the Major's... Weird, huh? Well, long story short, i went 25-0 that season with a 0.95 era, 452 Strike-outs, and threw 6 no hitters.. Six! Lolol So far in my second season in the majors im 12 games in with 10 wins and 0 losses. 35-0 in my career so far, and im at 532 k's o.o?
rookie much
Old 07-31-2011, 03:14 PM   #180
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

I got some inquires since I recently got this game for my PC:

1) After you get called up to the Majors, do you ever get sent back down to the Minors if you are not performing well?

2) Also do your Player ever get injured and have to go on the DL?

Also noticed that if your player is playing on the field, that the cpu batter always hits towards you on a 0-0 count... Would like to see some variations on the count like 1-1 or 1-2 or 0-3 on the opposing batter.

Another weird thing is that I'm playing SS for the Cincinnati Reds and that they traded for 1B Ryan Howard when we still have Votto playing as our 1B. As a result Ryan Howard was sent to AAA to rot...
Old 08-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #181
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
I got some inquires since I recently got this game for my PC:

1) After you get called up to the Majors, do you ever get sent back down to the Minors if you are not performing well?

2) Also do your Player ever get injured and have to go on the DL?

Also noticed that if your player is playing on the field, that the cpu batter always hits towards you on a 0-0 count... Would like to see some variations on the count like 1-1 or 1-2 or 0-3 on the opposing batter.

Another weird thing is that I'm playing SS for the Cincinnati Reds and that they traded for 1B Ryan Howard when we still have Votto playing as our 1B. As a result Ryan Howard was sent to AAA to rot...
1. I don't think so.
2. Yeah, I'm pretty sure. Hasn't happened to me yet though, I'm in 2012 Spring Training.

I don't like that either, and the only time you'll see variations of pitch counts if when you are on base and the next batter is up. You probably won't see a trade like that again, although in my My Player as a Mariners SS, the Mariners traded Felix, Jason Vargas, and Doug Fister to the A's for Brett Anderson, Gio Gonzalez, and Dallas Braden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #182
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

Anyone have any tips on how to cover first base in time as a pitcher?
Old 08-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #183
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

The MyPlayer concept is awesome, but it's execution is a 5/10 at best.

1. It's completely bogus how the game will screw with your pitching control. I've had games where, placing pitches way out of the strike zone aside, it seems like no matter where I place a pitch, it ends up going right down the middle.

2. Another pitch control issue is the "you're doing too well so we're going to completely take away an semblance of control" BS. I've had 2-hit shutouts going into the 7th become 7 hitters with 4 runs scored before getting the 2nd out because all-of-a-sudden my pitches aren't going where they were earlier in the game. And it's not a fatigue issue, either. Throwing 55 pitches with a pitch cap of 69-87 shouldn't be throwing it off like that.

3. The goal system is completely whacked. It does not accurately reward for the pitching performance, IMO.

Why would any pitcher want to intentionally get a fly-ball out or a groundout that doesn't result in the double-play? I could theoretically end up with more points with a weaker performance just because I didn't strike out the batters when the goal was "Strike out the batter".

"Strike out the side" shouldn't be a goal. You should just get 100 points whenever you pull it off.

There should also be rewards for long stretches without allowing a base hit, and I'm not talking about the bonus "Don't allow a baserunner this inning". I've had stretches of multiple innings without having a baserunner, and I think I should be rewarded for that.

4. The CPU is damn stupid. Today, I got up to bat with a man on first and 1 out. He steals 2nd and somehow manages to make it even with the pitch out. Then, inexplicably, he's leading off so far that a minor leaguer could throw him out. Well, you can guess what happens. So, no it's 2 outs with no one on with the PITCHER up to bat. Who's managing this team??

5. The camera when you're on base is terrible. You can't ever tell if a ball is a hit or an out until it's too late.

6. Not a big fan of the controls for baserunning. Not very intuitive. Could be much simpler.

7. The pitcher needs to be automatically sprinting to 1st on groundballs to the first baseman. There's practically no possible way to beat out a runner there unless you can manage to get your speed and acceleration up into the 70s or 80s, but that shouldn't be required in the first place.

8. Run support is a joke. I'm lucky to get 2 runs of run support.

Last edited by SpeedyMikeWallace; 08-10-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #184
Rookie

I have been playing My Player as a starting pitcher. I am in spring training for my 7th season now. At this point I've started over 150 regular season games, so I've seen most everything. I am playing at Legend difficulty now, although much of my career has been at All-Star level.

First of all, let me say that I love My Player (as flawed as it is), and hope that a lot of these things get addressed - it could be amazing with just a few fixes.

Here are the top few things that make me crazy (a lot have already been mentioned (in order of annoyance):

1) Pitcher management. It is ridiculous. My Player and other pitchers are left in when no manager would EVER leave them in, and hardly ever pinch hit for appropriately (My Player plays in the NL). On top of the regular season pitcher management, spring training pitchers routinely go far deeper into the game than would ever happen. I could see a gradual progression through spring training, but I can pitch a complete game in the first spring training game of the year. A couple of people have made mention of their pitcher not playing the All-Star game. I have been selected to the All-Star team twice, and I started the second time. The reason you did not play is that even in the All-Star game pitchers are allowed to throw complete games. In the All-Star game I started both the opposing started and I pitched 10 innings each! And batted in the 9th inning with men on base! That kinda takes all the fun out of it...

2) The "catcher throws to the lead base on a steal" bug. Just evil, particularly if he throws it away.

3) The "terrible base running decisions" bug.

4) Pinch hitters, in my experience, have hit over .500 against me when the rest of the league hits .250. As soon as I see a pinch hitter, I cringe.

5) 3-0 swinging. EVERYBODY swings 3-0.

6) Strange outfield throwing decisions allowing other runners to advance. It is very common to see a throw home where there is NO chance to get the runner allowing other base runners to get into scoring position.

7) I have never seen an attempt at completing a 3-6-3 double play, even when the first baseman is a 2 feet away from the bag. If I don't cover first, the first baseman will just stand there.

8) I haven't confirmed this, but I am pretty sure the spring training schedule of opponents is identical each year. I would like to see some other teams...

9) The "not getting credit for achievements" bug.

10) My Player pitcher's hitting does not seem to be honored for Silver Slugger award. I was far and away the best hitting pitcher 2 years and did not win.

11) When the announcers give a player's stats against a team, the stats accumulated in My Player's league history are not included. For example, they will say Albert Pujols is 10 for 30 lifetime against the Dodgers, but in my My Player's virtual history it will still say he is 10/30 7 years and numerous at bats later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »