Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:24 PM   #65
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

I'm having fun so far in my first day in My Player Mode.
I am so far having a rating of 67 I believe and I'm on the 3rd day of July. All I need to do is raise my awareness rating some more... and I want to learn how to steal in the PC version of the game using the keyboard.. I tried everything

Other then that I can't wait to get called up.. 7 homeruns so far and 27 RBI's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #66
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

Nvm I found out how, so far I'm 1/2 in Stealing Bases..

Also when I posted that comment above I had an inside the park home run right away. Loving this game!
Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #67
Rookie

AftershockFx's Arena

OVR: 6

I played SS exclusively last year in myplayer mode and my biggest complaint is you never have to cover 2nd base to turn a double play which takes a lot of fun out of being the middle in fielder imo. I usually find myself turning 6-3 double plays depending on where the ball is hit.
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
Old 03-16-2011, 02:06 AM   #68
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Is there any way to change the camera so that I don't have to change it every time I play a new outing? Whenever I change it in-game, it just reverts back to default next game and I don't see anywhere on the My Player home menu to change it.

Last edited by metal134; 03-16-2011 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:19 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 0

This game has to be one of the biggest jokes I have ever come across. Every single time I am at bat, no matter the situation, no matter my skill on my player, I line out to an infielder, pop out to an infielder/outfielder, and get a bloop or seeing eye single. Im frustrated, so I will correct that and say that happens about 95% of the time. Another 3% is a lucky drive down the lines that can get me a double, and another 2% is the random home run. I dont understand how they can release a game like this, do they not play test it? Or am I just THAT unlucky...2k10 was a far superior game than this. I am currently on spring break so yes I have time to play this game and see how it is. As far as I know, I have probably played this game more than alot of people on here seeing as I have played it for the last 2 days pretty much straight, restarted my player mode 2 times now, only to get the same results. I cant believe it.

Is this just me? What the hell am I doing wrong? Yes, I am ranting, but I cant take it anymore
Old 03-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #70
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

First thing first : I suck! That being said, let's talk about My Player a bit.

I'm playing as a Catcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers AA team, the Lookouts!

I'm 11 games in the season, batting for 412 with 1 HR and 12 RBI. Let's say that I'm having favorable sliders because with sliders for legends, I was unable to hit anything out of the infield.

All in all, I don't dislike the mode. It's pretty fast to play, fun and all, but I'm feeling there's something missing. Don't know if it's the graphics that are sub-par for my liking or the crowd noise, but there's something just not right somewhere.

The mode still pretty entertaining. It's fun to have those call-up's goals and see your rookie develop not so quickly. As long as I don't stay in the minor for 10 years! ;-)
Old 03-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #71
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycats51
This game has to be one of the biggest jokes I have ever come across. Every single time I am at bat, no matter the situation, no matter my skill on my player, I line out to an infielder, pop out to an infielder/outfielder, and get a bloop or seeing eye single. Im frustrated, so I will correct that and say that happens about 95% of the time. Another 3% is a lucky drive down the lines that can get me a double, and another 2% is the random home run. I dont understand how they can release a game like this, do they not play test it? Or am I just THAT unlucky...2k10 was a far superior game than this. I am currently on spring break so yes I have time to play this game and see how it is. As far as I know, I have probably played this game more than alot of people on here seeing as I have played it for the last 2 days pretty much straight, restarted my player mode 2 times now, only to get the same results. I cant believe it.

Is this just me? What the hell am I doing wrong? Yes, I am ranting, but I cant take it anymore
Your guys going to be terrible for awhile until you get some of his stats up and can start hitting for power, you'll start seeing a bunch of more line drives to the wall and over outfielders heads once you get some of your power stats up and you can swing for power without popping out, give it some time, your guy is going to suck in the beginning.

I had the same problem last year, it just got frustrating at first hitting weak liners but once you get your guys stats up and you start hitting some shots you get really into it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #72
The Champ Is Here

Doormat's Arena

I just got called up to the big leagues right now! Playing my first game for the Giants in a few. My overall is at 71 and my power vs rightys is 74 I believe.. I finished Double A with a 402 average 14 Home Runs and 53 RBIs LOVING this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »