Home

MLB 2K11 Roster Adjustments, Ratings and Accessories - MLB 2K Insider Will Check In

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Roster Adjustments, Ratings and Accessories - MLB 2K Insider Will Check In within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2011, 03:09 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 2K11 Roster Adjustments, Ratings and Accessories - MLB 2K Insider Will Check

Are Jerseys gunna be added? Is it possible?
Old 03-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Roster Adjustments, Ratings and Accessories - MLB 2K Insider Will Check

I've pitched Felix Hernandez a few times now and his fastball has never gone over 94 mph, usually at 93. Facing Phil Hughes and him throwing 93-94 mph just doesn't make sense to me. I can pitch Naftali Perez and get his fastball at 99, but in over three games with Hernandez, I have not been able to get his fastball over 94, usually 93. Thus, I have to assume King Felix's fastball is underrated in the game.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #51
All Star

jt45's Arena

OVR: 18

Brandon Beachy is missing from Atlanta's roster. He's a member of MLBPA after reaching the majors last season. He's a candidate to be the Braves' 5th starter and deserves to be on their roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 4

Colby Rasmus could have Justin Mourneau's batting stance. Pretty similar.

Jon Jay needs the number 22.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:05 PM   #53
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

does anyone know if they can actually fix player models on roster updates?
Old 03-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #54
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDHAINESxx
does anyone know if they can actually fix player models on roster updates?
I sure hope so. Half of Padres MLB roster are inaccurate!!!

- Hundley, Denorfia, Thatcher all look a like!!!

- Gregerson, Frieri, Mike Adams, Luebke, Stauffer, LeBlanc, Mosely does not look like their real life counter parts (not even close!)

Last edited by Greene_Flash03; 03-13-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Every year, I feel compelled to buy this game to fill my baseball fix and every year I feel like they couldn't care less about me as a Padres fan. There was the infamous franchise mode/call-up bug a couple years ago and - this year - they completely omit the new camos and Tucson unis. Meanwhile, my friend posted these picture from The Show...

...and I'm left to wonder why 2k gets shafted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2011, 06:26 PM   #56
Banned

I checked a few pitchers on the Yankees and was quite startled by the speed differences of what's in the game and what's shown in Pitch Fx.

I will first show what the pitcher has in the game followed by what's shown in Pitch Fx:

1. Phil Hughes

FB 95 speed, Cutter 94 speed, Slider 89 speed, Knuckle Curve 86 speed, 2-Seamer 91 speed.

Pitch Fx: FB 92.5 speed, Cutter 88.8, Slider no speed shown because he never threw that pitch in 2010, Curve 75.8 speed, 2-Seamer 92.3 speed.

2. Joba Chamberlain

FB 98 speed, 2-Seamer 94 speed, Slider 90 speed, Curve 84 speed.

Pitch Fx: FB 94.6 speed, 2-Seamer 91.6 speed, Slider 86.7 speed, Curve 79.7 speed.

I should note that Chamberlain threw his 2-Seamer less than 1% of the time. Basically Chamberlain is a 3-Pitch guy.

It is unknown to me whether I should continue checking pitchers in Pitch Fx.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »