Home

MLB 2k12 - Q&A Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2k12 - Q&A Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 2k12 - Q&A Thread

When playing online, which option is for a ranked game, "quick game" or "quick match"?
Old 03-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #114
MVP

OVR: 46

any noticeable changes to Presentation?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #115
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Separate control schemes for batting/defense/pitching? Check swinging is double swing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2012, 10:49 PM   #116
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
How long does it take to play a game?
Depending on your settings for the presentation and the pace of the game, I'd say anywhere between 30 and 45 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
any noticeable changes to Presentation?
They added more commentary about players (obviously) but the stat overlays are more immersive imo than in 2K11. Like for example, a guy will come up to the plate and he's been on a cold streak all month in a franchise. Kruk or Phillips will mention that in the 1st at bat. But if you get a couple hits in the game, they will sometimes mention that maybe your breaking that slump and starting to heat up. Plus all the inside edge overlays they have for info about your pitch location, quality strikes thrown, pitch selection are top notch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
Separate control schemes for batting/defense/pitching? Check swinging is double swing?
Yes there are seperate control schemes for all three of those. And if you use total control hitting, check swing is the same as last year with the pulling the stick back quickly (except it actually functions correctly now)
Old 03-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey! MLB 2K12 is the first one for me,so i was wondering if there was something like a franchise mode guide for a newcomer ? Would be really interested to read it.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 AM   #118
Banned

OVR: 8

I am on ps3 and was wondering if in franchise you can change your players walk up music? last yr on ps3 u had to do it before starting a franchise. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #119
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

This is the first baseball game I've bought in almost 4 years (I think The Show 08 was my last) and the last time I played a 2K baseball game was probably even longer. Was never a huge fan of the 2K baseball games and when I got rid of my PS3 and only had my 360, I just never gave then much consideration. So, it has been a while for me and I was really craving a baseball video game. Being a 360 owner, this was the only choice and I feared the worst but, after one day with the game, 2K has made huge improvements over the years I've been away from the series, I'm really impressed so far.

Since I've been away for so long some things are really different and I don't think the game does a great job of explaining the new hitting controls, fielding and pitching to noobs. Pitching I think I've gotten down, and this is the best pitching controls I've ever seen in a video game. Hitting and fielding are a different story.

So, I was long winded to get to this basic question, is there a more detailed manual somewhere online (or on the disc) for this game?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #120
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
Depending on your settings for the presentation and the pace of the game, I'd say anywhere between 30 and 45 minutes

They added more commentary about players (obviously) but the stat overlays are more immersive imo than in 2K11. Like for example, a guy will come up to the plate and he's been on a cold streak all month in a franchise. Kruk or Phillips will mention that in the 1st at bat. But if you get a couple hits in the game, they will sometimes mention that maybe your breaking that slump and starting to heat up. Plus all the inside edge overlays they have for info about your pitch location, quality strikes thrown, pitch selection are top notch.

Yes there are seperate control schemes for all three of those. And if you use total control hitting, check swing is the same as last year with the pulling the stick back quickly (except it actually functions correctly now)

Thanks number 35!
those additions to presentation sound immersive.
i like it.

edit: another question guys.

do teams adjust lineups correctly according to starting pitcher?
i mean does Andrew Jones DH for the yanks against lefties AND righties? Or would it be Raul Ibanez vs righties?

thanks

Last edited by econoodle; 03-15-2012 at 02:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »