Home

MLB 2K12 Reviewer Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Reviewer Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 2K12 Reviewer Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
The way I see it, it wouldn't be a 2K sports game without all those "Ugh" and "Huh?!" moments. That's half the charm of 2K and this series in many ways. My wife saw me playing 2K baseball the other night and did this double-take when she saw some of the player faces. She said they all look like zombies. I replied it's the zombie baseball game for those of us who can't afford living people baseball games, lol.
2k12 and it's "charm" kind of remind me of two things from TV/Movies. One is a Seinfeld episode when George finds a rubber band in his soup and says in a laughing way "ohh, that Pedro (or whoever) must be working today." Or in Night at the Roxbury when Mr. Zedar (or whatever his name is) constantly accuses his co-worker of grabbing his ***, and when his co-worked replies that from where he's standing it's impossible Mr. Zedar just says "I know your tricks".

If you can laugh your way through some of 2k12's ridiculousness you'll find a very nice/fun game.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
One is a Seinfeld episode when George finds a rubber band in his soup and says in a laughing way "ohh, that Pedro (or whoever) must be working today."

If you can laugh your way through some of 2k12's ridiculousness you'll find a very nice/fun game.
LOL! Exactly.

2K games are still the best, regardless of their quirks. They're just plain fun, that's how I see it. Or maybe I'm getting old and less particular or something, lol.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #11
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15
I haven't seen many framerate issues. Few and far between. Are some of you playing on the old 360?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
2k12 and it's "charm" kind of remind me of two things from TV/Movies. One is a Seinfeld episode when George finds a rubber band in his soup and says in a laughing way "ohh, that Pedro (or whoever) must be working today." Or in Night at the Roxbury when Mr. Zedar (or whatever his name is) constantly accuses his co-worker of grabbing his ***, and when his co-worked replies that from where he's standing it's impossible Mr. Zedar just says "I know your tricks".

hahaha
yes!
Old 03-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
yes, but 2k7 was a 30 fps game, it seems like 2k has traded off player models and animations for 60 fps.
visual concepts didn't make those player models. that's one big reason.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #14
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMaster B
I haven't seen many framerate issues. Few and far between. Are some of you playing on the old 360?
i know, its like the reviewer ignored the patch that was released on release day and fixed the frame rate issues.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 03-09-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Kinda pissed on how poor the game is.....Well I own the MLB: The Show 12 so I am ok
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir28
I've been sitting on this game for the past three days, waiting for a review that would entice me to break the seal and take a crack at it instead of returning it for full value. I have yet to read one. The "fun factor" of 2K11 had too much "frustration factor" that negatively balanced itself out the more I played it. It seems like every year, the only sports games series I have hesitation on buying or opening once I purchase it is MLB 2K. The baseball Jones is a strong one, so I'll cave eventually.
I'm so confused as to why someone would purchase a game, then not open it and just... have it there, while having an internal debate about returning it. Why not just not buy it in the first place?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »