Home

MLB 2K12 Reviewer Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Reviewer Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 19
mlb 2k12 as usual delivers a good, fun game of baseball with sim style stats. once in a while Ill see a flukey animation but tahsta bout it. other than that it runs pretty smooth. this is the pc version.

every year both titles provide a good game and somewhat different feel to baseball.

another good thing about 2k is the amount of time it takes to play a game. The presentation/commentary makes the game feel as though its moving at a good clip.. deosnt go through the lulls that are typically found in baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #26
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 2K12 Reviewer Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
thats fine, i agree, BUT he mentions that the game needed a patch, and one was already released.
Yes but that has zero to do with how the game was released to the public. It's fine to review also after patch or say a patch may fix issues, but the game should have a review strictly about released state.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yes but that has zero to do with how the game was released to the public. It's fine to review also after patch or say a patch may fix issues, but the game should have a review strictly about released state.
The game was released with the patch on release for the 360 though which is it's main platform. Most people playing the game never even saw these issues. Shouldn't the game be reviewed on it's main platform? It's like reviewing the show on the psp.

If you look at sales for this game it's basically a 360 baseball game. So most people aren't going to be seeing these issues.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #28
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtics6
The game was released with the patch on release for the 360 though which is it's main platform. Most people playing the game never even saw these issues. Shouldn't the game be reviewed on it's main platform? It's like reviewing the show on the psp.

If you look at sales for this game it's basically a 360 baseball game. So most people aren't going to be seeing these issues.
Sorry but the game has to be reviewed in it's release state, period. Another review can and probably should be done after the patch.

Those that do not have the 360 (or PS3 for that matter) hooked online would not get the patch and therefore have the issues.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 03-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Sorry but the game has to be reviewed in it's release state, period.
Sorry, but publishing a review a week after the game comes out and not mentioning that the issues discussed in the review were actually fixed Day 1, is unfair and misleading, period.

Last edited by Yeats; 03-11-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:51 AM   #30
Rookie

archangelkatana's Arena

OVR: 0
I wasnt real impressed with the demo of mlb2k12. But I dropped in to a best buy, and saw they had the full game to demo at the store. I played as the angels against the marlins at the new marlins stadium. And I really enjoyed it. It was fun to play, and I shopped around and found a guy selling a used copy of mlb2k12. I got it to the house and am really happy with it. I am eager to see the new rookies like the cuban cespedes, and yu darvish when they get added to the rosters in mlb. Apparently new players must be approved by mlb and be active in real season games before they can be added. But in any case the game is fun. I have never played the show, but since I have a 360 I dont have the option, and I am not gonna buy a ps3 just for one game. I am looking forward to next season to see what happens when more developers allowed to make mlb games. I hope the nfl and ncaa opens up their licensing as well.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #31
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Sorry, but publishing a review a week after the game comes out and not mentioning that the issues discussed in the review were actually fixed Day 1, is unfair and misleading, period.
Go back and try reading what I wrote again.....

Where did I say they could not mention a patch?
I said the REVIEW must be based on release state of the game. I also said another review could be given and should be given after patch.

It's not misleading to tell a consumer how the game plays as it was released.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
It's not misleading to tell a consumer how the game plays as it was released.
It is misleading when the writer fails to also mention that his main gripe with the game was completely fixed days ago, hours after the game was released in fact, and is no longer even an issue. If the intention of writing the article is to fully inform consumers regarding the game, then the individual failed in that task. Pretty simple. Maybe "misleading" is the wrong word, and "important info completely missing" is a more correct analysis.

Last edited by Yeats; 03-11-2012 at 01:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »