Home

Major League Baseball 2K12 Game Modes Reviewer Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K12 Game Modes Reviewer Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Major League Baseball 2K12 Game Modes Reviewer Impressions

New this year in My Player is Player Roles. The roles are Slugger, All-around, Speedster, Utility, Ground Ball Pitcher and Closer. Whatever role you chose directly affects your starting attributes. From there, just like previous versions, you must earn your attribute points by doing what is asked of you on the field. This could be something like “get a base hit” or “put the ball in play.” You can also earn points by successfully fielding balls, stealing bases and scoring runs.

One of my biggest complaints with the mode is the fact that when I am running the bases and a ball is put into play I can barely see where its going. I have a hard time knowing if I should be legging out to the next base or if I should be waiting to see if the ball drops in. 2K definitely needs to think about working on the camera if there is a MLB 2K13 (which is looking unlikely).

Overall the mode is fun. It should keep you entertained during your quest for the majors.
Read More - Major League Baseball 2K12 Game Modes Reviewer Impressions

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Banned

RockitOldSchool's Arena

OVR: 5
Am I going to get in trouble for being honest? I'm not trying to be funny or even annoying. All I know is I saw this game at Red Box the other day so I thought, "Why not?" Now if they had The Show I would have grabbed that but I had to take what they had. I want my $2.16 back please! This was the worst sports video game I have ever played. I'm not even kidding and I've played some bad ones in my day. There was nothing I could do with it. I hate the way I have to pitch and hit. I'm sure it works for some people but why not give us the option to use old school controls if we want. I don't want to spend 4 hours trying to learn how to swing a bat in a video game. The game looked goofy and cartoonish. Nobody looked right outside of Justin Verlander. You can't even get David Ortiz right? Come on! Now I know I'm spoiled because I play The Show and it's such a great game but how is MVP 04 better than this game? The ONLY thing that I took away that was positive was the commentary seemed refreshing but that might be because The Show is getting a little stale in that department. Guys must like this game, I don't see how, other than you have an XBOX and it's your only option. I'm not a fanboy. I really wanted a reason to like this game.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Banned

Zombeels's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Major League Baseball 2K12 Game Modes Reviewer Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockitOldSchool
Am I going to get in trouble for being honest? I'm not trying to be funny or even annoying. All I know is I saw this game at Red Box the other day so I thought, "Why not?" Now if they had The Show I would have grabbed that but I had to take what they had. I want my $2.16 back please! This was the worst sports video game I have ever played. I'm not even kidding and I've played some bad ones in my day. There was nothing I could do with it. I hate the way I have to pitch and hit. I'm sure it works for some people but why not give us the option to use old school controls if we want. I don't want to spend 4 hours trying to learn how to swing a bat in a video game. The game looked goofy and cartoonish. Nobody looked right outside of Justin Verlander. You can't even get David Ortiz right? Come on! Now I know I'm spoiled because I play The Show and it's such a great game but how is MVP 04 better than this game? The ONLY thing that I took away that was positive was the commentary seemed refreshing but that might be because The Show is getting a little stale in that department. Guys must like this game, I don't see how, other than you have an XBOX and it's your only option. I'm not a fanboy. I really wanted a reason to like this game.
They do give you the option for classic controls, Einstein...
Old 03-13-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Banned

RockitOldSchool's Arena

You don't have to insult. I've never played the game. I didn't see any option at all and I spent a good 15 minutes trying to figure it out. Sorry that you are so much better than me because you found the options. You must feel pretty good about yourself!
Old 03-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
You don't have to insult. I've never played the game. I didn't see any option at all and I spent a good 15 minutes trying to figure it out. Sorry that you are so much better than me because you found the options. You must feel pretty good about yourself!
C'mon man.. did you really play the game? It's not that hard to find the other hitting and pitching options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
If you go into the controller options you can click one of the trigger buttons and it'll go to classic hitting.
I think the gesture-pitching is the best form of pitching on the market. And I feel hitters-eye is far more realistic than guess-pitch.

2K has it's issues, no doubt. And if you're used to The Show it might be tough to play anything else.
But I'm really enjoying 2K12. I find it's easier out of the box and the game is just plain fun.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Banned

RockitOldSchool's Arena

Thanks Money99. I went into the options menu and it was very limited. I even backed out of the game and went into the main option screen and there was nothing. I didn't take it any further than that since it was only a rental. I already turned it in. If I happen to pick it up again at least I know how to do it. I thought the pitching was ok. The hitting was what really bothered me. I don't care much for the stick hitting.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
i agree I have The Show it is so much better and the controls in 2K12 are confusing. I have done a power swing with Pujols and he barely hits the ball close to the warning track. I hope this is 2K's last year making baseball games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »