Home

Anyone else have a problem with occassional non-swings?

This is a discussion on Anyone else have a problem with occassional non-swings? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2012, 04:44 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Anyone else have a problem with occassional non-swings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aykyle
People think it might be the televisions you use
Two different issues. Playing on larger TVs without the proper settings like gaming mode can cause the sort of delay/lag people experience online. That's one issue. What the OP seems to be talking about is swinging too late. If one waits too long to swing, the swing animation doesn't kick in, even though it might look like the ball is still in front of the plate.

Last edited by Yeats; 03-30-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrunner
Well to be honest, I get so worn out with the total control pitching I use classic hitting as kind of a rest break.
It does stress you out a bit.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Two different issues. Playing on larger TVs without the proper settings like gaming mode can cause the sort of delay/lag people experience online. That's one issue. What the OP seems to be talking about is swinging too late. If one waits too long to swing, the swing animation doesn't kick in, even though it might look like the ball is still in front of the plate.
this pretty much. it happens to me alot more often when classic hitting because sometimes ill just press the button with a little of a delay and nothing, but usually with analog im pulling down on the stick early enough to avoid it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
it happens to me alot more often when classic hitting because sometimes ill just press the button with a little of a delay and nothing, but usually with analog im pulling down on the stick early enough to avoid it.
That combined with the fact the swing animations for analog seem quite a bit faster than classic. The analog power swing in particular is extremely fast, too fast IMO.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
lol you went on a 3 post rant in another thread saying this is "a known issue with large tvs". When it was the SAME EXACT issue as the last thread. I said PEOPLE think it is, NOT ME. Your theory doesn't make sense. I didn't tweak any settings on my tv nor on my xbox. No issue. I did state that if you do swing too late that it won't swing at all. And in the last thread, you literally took what I said and made it your own. The last thread we had a conversation about how I thought the swing delay was due to swinging too late. And that he should turn down his cpu pitch speed. You said no it's his tv. I said that was irrelevant because that doesn't make sense. You then went on to say how the show has numerous problems. But that isn't mlb2k12. I haven't seen any threads on this yet except for these 2. I don't like ignorance.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aykyle
lol you went on a 3 post rant in another thread saying this is "a known issue with large tvs".
It's a known issue and was discussed at length in The Show forum a week or two ago. It was actually Russell SCEA who suggested people calibrate/adjust their TV settings.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
It's a known issue and was discussed at length in The Show forum a week or two ago. It was actually Russell SCEA who suggested people calibrate/adjust their TV settings.
The Show is a different game.. to clarify lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

some hdtvs have input lag, some don't. if they do have the problem most of the time they are larger ones. if you don't have that problem than that's terrific, but just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean that it can't happen to anyone else. in the case of this topic it sounds like its just late swinging, but there no sense in just assuming its that when there is a probability that it could be something as simple as input lag. and yes the show and mlb are two different games but input lag is a tv problem not a baseball game problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »