Home

Let's talk injuries

This is a discussion on Let's talk injuries within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #17
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Let's talk injuries

I play with injuries at 51 and control all 30 teams. I would maybe even move my injury setting higher than 51 if I didn't control all 30 teams, but when controlling all teams and then managing all the injuries, I spend more time managing rosters than playing games which is not fun.

In my All-30 Teams Franchise: Currently through April 10th (4 games played for my Phillies) there are 26 players injured at the Major League level. Of those 26 players, 12 are actually on the D/L, of those 12 players on the D/L, only 5 are pitchers. In my 3rd game, I saw my first in-game injury when Scott Podsednik pulled up lame, and had a 9-Day groin injury, I 15 day DL'd him; prior to that, Lance Nix suffered an injury, but it did not occur in-game.

IMO, I think the injury setting I have at 51, is extremely low.

Hell in Spring Training, we've already had at least 2 pitchers require Tommy John surgery (Ryan Madson, Joakim Soria), ending their 2012 seasons.

Off the top of my head, I can count the following guys about to start the season on the D/L: Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Carl Crawford, BJ Upton, Michael Pineda, Felipe Paulino, Drew Storen. These are mostly guys who I knew would start the season on the D/L (Howard), or who I scanned the transactions on espn.com and saw that they were just optioned to D/L (Storen/Paulino). Once the season begins, and guys are going full-bore and pitchers are seeing their normal workload, the amount of injuries will only increase.

Don't want to be crass, but I think complaining about the amount of injuries and then dropping the slider makes injuries pretty much worthless.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #18
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I play with injuries at 51 and control all 30 teams. I would maybe even move my injury setting higher than 51 if I didn't control all 30 teams, but when controlling all teams and then managing all the injuries, I spend more time managing rosters than playing games which is not fun.

In my All-30 Teams Franchise: Currently through April 10th (4 games played for my Phillies) there are 26 players injured at the Major League level. Of those 26 players, 12 are actually on the D/L, of those 12 players on the D/L, only 5 are pitchers. In my 3rd game, I saw my first in-game injury when Scott Podsednik pulled up lame, and had a 9-Day groin injury, I 15 day DL'd him; prior to that, Lance Nix suffered an injury, but it did not occur in-game.

IMO, I think the injury setting I have at 51, is extremely low.

Hell in Spring Training, we've already had at least 2 pitchers require Tommy John surgery (Ryan Madson, Joakim Soria), ending their 2012 seasons.

Off the top of my head, I can count the following guys about to start the season on the D/L: Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Carl Crawford, BJ Upton, Michael Pineda, Felipe Paulino, Drew Storen. These are mostly guys who I knew would start the season on the D/L (Howard), or who I scanned the transactions on espn.com and saw that they were just optioned to D/L (Storen/Paulino). Once the season begins, and guys are going full-bore and pitchers are seeing their normal workload, the amount of injuries will only increase.

Don't want to be crass, but I think complaining about the amount of injuries and then dropping the slider makes injuries pretty much worthless.
You must have the pc version, 50 on the consoles is too high. At 50 every one of my starters are on the DL, as well as a RP - not realistic at all. I'm not spending all my gaming time playing will AAA players.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #19
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
You must have the pc version, 50 on the consoles is too high. At 50 every one of my starters are on the DL, as well as a RP - not realistic at all. I'm not spending all my gaming time playing will AAA players.
Nope. Play on 360.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #20
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
Sounds like most of us go with 40-50 in range. I use 40.

6 Weeks in, and now I have two guys with 30+ day injuries. I have had 3 guys with minor 7 or 8 day injuries but they healed quickly.

The only thing I HATE in this game is that when a guy get's put on the DL, the game just does it automatically without asking you first.. And then once he's on the DL you cant move him to AAA or shift him around.. or even release or trade him! What the heck... thats so annoying.. It just puts guys on the DL and locks them in place automatically.

Does anybody know a way to promote/demote a guy once he's on the DL??

Whats worse is CPU teams don't replace guys that go on the DL on their teams. So when one guy gets hurt and goes to the 15 Day DL the computer then has 24 healthy guys and 1 DL guy at the MLB level... and they just play on with 24!! It's almost as if the CPU doesn't know well enough or is incapable of replacing a hurt guy on the DL to have 25 healthy guys..

Check out your franchise.. you'll see what I mean, several teams will be operating with 23 or 24 guys.

The DL is broken in this game.
I was not aware that the CPU AI doesn't manage their injuries, but I play w/ all-30 team control. I will opt to D/L a player if the injury is 9 days or longer.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Does anybody know a way to promote/demote a guy once he's on the DL??.
Last year workaround was:

General manager options, promote someone from AAA, it will ask for a MLB player to get demoted.

Can't try right now cause I don't have injured players yet,

Let me know if you need more info, maybe I can look for last year exact post

Sent from my LG-E510f using Tapatalk.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermont1998

General manager options, promote someone from AAA, it will ask for a MLB player to get demoted.

Ill test this in a bit. I want to play a full length match with injuries at 100 and see my results. Will post soon. And will post the results of replacing a dl guy with a AAA guy.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #23
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
I was not aware that the CPU AI doesn't manage their injuries, but I play w/ all-30 team control. I will opt to D/L a player if the injury is 9 days or longer.
Upon further research the CPU does in-fact manage it's DL properly.

I thought the CPU was not promoting players to fill in for hurt guys.. but I realized I was just seeing a recent injury and once I simmed to the next day the CPU had fixed their lineup.

I deleted my original post saying the CPU was messing up their DL so that people wont get confused. My bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermont1998

OK, at first I thought there was no way to promote/demote a guy on the DL, But there actually is. I looked into this method above and it is the only work-around to promote/demote a guy on the DL... it works!!

If you want to move a guy on the DL from MLB to AAA do this:

-Go to the "organization summary" screen.
-Choose a AAA/AA/A player to promote to MLB.
-When it says you are over the limit at MLB it will ask you who to swap with.
-Choose the player on the DL, and voila!

If you try and demote a DL player in ANY other way, it will tell you that you cant move the player... but this method works!
Old 04-01-2012, 10:00 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
OK, at first I thought there was no way to promote/demote a guy on the DL, But there actually is. I looked into this method above and it is the only work-around to promote/demote a guy on the DL... it works!!

If you want to move a guy on the DL from MLB to AAA do this:

-Go to the "organization summary" screen.
-Choose a AAA/AA/A player to promote to MLB.
-When it says you are over the limit at MLB it will ask you who to swap with.
-Choose the player on the DL, and voila!

If you try and demote a DL player in ANY other way, it will tell you that you cant move the player... but this method works!

Oh 2k, your failure in little details has once again come to our advantage. Thanks for proving this. My franchise is still in spring training and didn't want to start a new one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »