Home

What's the wackiest play you've seen?

This is a discussion on What's the wackiest play you've seen? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 1
What's the wackiest play you've seen?

For me one of the wackiest plays, and this has happened twice, is man on first and my batter hits a single up the middle but my man on first doesn't move (auto base-running). He stays there at first as the ball goes up the middle and eventually gets thrown out at second base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: What's the wackiest play you've seen?

Is that "wacky" or just "broken"? I had the ball hit the CPU pitcher, bounce towards the 3rd baseman and then suddenly magically appear in the SS's glove who was standing at 2nd (my guy on 1st was running). He stepped on 2nd and threw to 1st for the DP. Two out, when I actually should have had two on, lol.

Last edited by Yeats; 03-25-2012 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

No it's broken, for sure. Tagging up is severely bugged. Anything close and runners will dive back to the base instead of stay a few steps off. As well, if you do tag and try to get to the next base the player is stuck in the mud (animation) for a good second or two thus killing your tag up chance. Check it out in replay and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, my wackiest play, which may be a bug as well, is when the cpu hit a sharp liner off my pitchers leg and it rocketed some 30-40 feet in the air. Needless to say when it finally came down to earth my pitcher refused to make the catch and let it drop. The cpu got a triple off that.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Is that "wacky" or just "broken"? I had the ball hit the CPU pitcher, bounce towards the 3rd baseman and then suddenly magically appear in the SS's glove who was standing at 2nd (my guy on 1st was running). He stepped on 2nd and threw to 1st for the DP. Two out, when I actually should have had two on, lol.
I think that's some kind of telepathy, ball transfers from third to second baseman's glove. Are you sure it wasn't telepathy or magic?
Old 03-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
No it's broken, for sure. Tagging up is severely bugged. Anything close and runners will dive back to the base instead of stay a few steps off. As well, if you do tag and try to get to the next base the player is stuck in the mud (animation) for a good second or two thus killing your tag up chance. Check it out in replay and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, my wackiest play, which may be a bug as well, is when the cpu hit a sharp liner off my pitchers leg and it rocketed some 30-40 feet in the air. Needless to say when it finally came down to earth my pitcher refused to make the catch and let it drop. The cpu got a triple off that.
I don't blame him, the pitcher. When the ball goes that high up, you never know what can get on it with all those birds flying around
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2012, 06:45 PM   #6
Rookie

Charles Hustle's Arena

OVR: 0

Guy on first, I hit a 'at the knees' line drive to the 1st baseman who bobbles and doesn't catch it. My guy at first base tries to go back until he sees the 1st bagger didn't catch it. First basemen throws to second to get an out but that guy bobbles it too and now everybody is safe. I saved the replay. AS soon as the site is up Ill upload it.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
MVP

philliesfan136's Arena

OVR: 40

Not the wackiest play, but one I've encountered before that's bugged but funny.

Guy on first is out at second on DP, but batter is safe.
Batter then starts running past first and immediately gets tagged by the first baseman.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Mine is, which is actually a bug, is I hit a hard ball towards the wall. I thought it would bounce off the wall, but it might have gotten stuck underneath the wall. Because when the cpu went to go get it, he just stood in front of it as if it was diseased ridden. By the time he did pick the ball up, Ryan Howard(who has one of the slowest speeds ever) was rounding third. Funny enough, he barely made it to home plate(the ball was thrown not even a second after he slid in).

Another was a cpu hit a hard ball to right field. (note: I have auto-fielding turned off.) and I knew I could make a diving catch on it, maybe even catch it running. But the game insisted I run towards the wall at an angle to cut it off. And when he went to throw it, he did a fake out. He did the throwing motion but the ball never left his hand.

Why have an auto-fielding option and auto-base running option if it is always turned on anyways? Cpu dives back for us when we don't want it too. And it will either dive for the ball or try to cut it off. Regardless of what we tell it to do. Lol oh well. Maybe next year, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »