Home

MLB 2K13 Q & A Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Q & A Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 2K13 Q & A Thread

Since I don't have a PS3 anymore I'm really jonesing for a baseball game and considering picking this up. I basically want to set all the options up just like I had them on the Show, so a few questions:

Can you have the CPU auto-field for you, but let the user make all the throwing decisions after they catch the ball?

Can you set the strike zone to fade out before the pitch is thrown rather than having either just be on or off?

I only want to use classic hitting, if I don't move the left stick every time I swing is everything I hit going to be up the middle?

Is gesture pitching the only way to go or does classic pitching also offer a suitable challenge?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #74
Just started!

OVR: 0

How do I view my record and stats for online play? I went to the V.I.P. Viewer which is where I thought I would find it, but it says my record is 1-2. I've played about 8 games total not including the ones where opponents forfeited. It keeps saying something about I have to save my User Profile in order for up to date stats to show, but isn't that done automatically after each game?
Old 04-24-2013, 10:24 PM   #75
Just started!

Any hitting tips? Struggling a little bit. Can't power swing to save my life. Help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #76
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Hi ,
Im on the PS3 and need something new this year for my baseball fix , I played mlb2k12 and had alot of fun with sim and I enjoyed the real interaction but visually player models really got to me so my question is has anything improved visually player wise ?
Thanks so much in advance I just dont wanna waste more time or $$$ .
Old 02-23-2014, 05:26 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know this has been a dead thread for a while, but thought I'd try posting a question anyway.

Does anyone know exactly what the tired/injured symbols mean? I've seen red/black/green/yellow "crosses".

I'm thinking red means "out" and yellow means "tired" but have no clue what black and green could mean. I suppose green could mean "ok"… but not every "ok" player has the symbol. I've looked all over the internet and can't find any info. Also… doesn't seem to have an in-game manual either… which is unfortunate for a downloaded copy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:52 PM   #78
Rookie

Red means injured but can still play, but risks further injury. Also, ratings will be down on certain stats depending on the injury.
Yellow means fatigued, ratings will be somewhat down and is at risk of injury.
Black means that player is on the DL and can't play at all.
Green means that player has what they call a chronic injury, can play, no negative affects on stats, but they have a much higher risk of being injured.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #79
Rookie

Hey - in franchise mode - under staff all of the managers have a rating for teaching and motivation. What does motivation do?
Old 04-23-2015, 05:26 PM   #80
Just started!

I have both MLB 2k12 and MLB 2k13 (Bad call I know) Is dynamic attendance in any of these 2 games? It is not a huge deal. The thing is. I get a bit dissatisfied when I see a sell out crowd for a sub-par/horrible team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »