Home

MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 PM   #185
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Smile Re: MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
who you? Pirates or Dodgers?
Sorry, should have said. Pirates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #186
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Re: Injuries--Most people have been putting the injury slider down to ~10-15 because any higher and injuries are happening constantly. If it's at 70 and no injuries, that's definitely an outlier.

I have been on 15 and have seen 3 injuries through the first month or so.

(1) I lost a reliever, Sergio Escalona, for about a week (forgot what the injury was) in ST

(2) Jose Altuve missed a couple of weeks with back issues (sprained back?) after getting beaned.

(3) Hector Ambriz, a reliever of mine, tore a quad recently (randomly while pitching...no contact) and he's out for 4 months.

So, in short, I feel like 15 (possibly up to 20) gives good results.

You want a lefty/righty hitter? Here are some ideas that are realistically obtainable for that package. Note, you aren't gonna get an 80 contact / 80 power stud for Lind + filler:

Jason Kubel (bats L, D'Backs)
Alfonso Soriano (bats R, Cubs)
Tyler Colvin (bats L, Rockies)
Carlos Pena (bats L, Astros)
Ryan Doumit (bats both, Twins)
Lucas Duda (bats L, Mets)
Brennan Boesch (bats L, Yankees)
Seth Smith (bats L, A's)
Brandon Moss (bats L, A's)
Gabby Sanchez (bats R, Pirates)
Kyle Blanks (bats R, Padres)
Jesus Guzman (bats R, Padres)
Andres Torres (bats both, Giants)
Raul Ibanez (bats L, M's)

If you want better, then you'll need to offer more or leave the realism behind a bit. Hope it helps.
Yea I went with Vmart...he wasnt playing everyday w/ Detroit and is 2 years 20 mil. I gave Lind and a nice AAA prospect SP and AA CL prospect both 4 stars. Vmart has stepped in and been great for me!

As soon as I posted this I lost Encarnacion for 20 days with a ruptured ankle ligament. He was on 1st, Vmart hit a double and EE ran to 3rd and was all of a sudden hurt. 1st DL stint of the season and im 13 games to the end lol. Ill continue to play w/ 70 and see how it shapes up.

NOW ANOTHER ISSUE. 13 games to go, Josh Johnson leads MLB in ERA, WHIP, K's and is 2nd in Innings Pitched. The weird part is he is no where in the AL Cy Young voting...like 10 players are listed and no Johnson...he leads every dam category for SP lmao, and again only 13 games left.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #187
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
Yea I went with Vmart...he wasnt playing everyday w/ Detroit and is 2 years 20 mil. I gave Lind and a nice AAA prospect SP and AA CL prospect both 4 stars. Vmart has stepped in and been great for me!

As soon as I posted this I lost Encarnacion for 20 days with a ruptured ankle ligament. He was on 1st, Vmart hit a double and EE ran to 3rd and was all of a sudden hurt. 1st DL stint of the season and im 13 games to the end lol. Ill continue to play w/ 70 and see how it shapes up.

NOW ANOTHER ISSUE. 13 games to go, Josh Johnson leads MLB in ERA, WHIP, K's and is 2nd in Innings Pitched. The weird part is he is no where in the AL Cy Young voting...like 10 players are listed and no Johnson...he leads every dam category for SP lmao, and again only 13 games left.
That hurts. A lot.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #188
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09

Maybe you can get Adam Lind back to sub at 1B, lol.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #189
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Na lol Ill just use Vmart at 1st...and that gives me a chance to use some younger bats at DH....Tried David Cooper he went 2/6 with an RBI (2 games), now im going to try Moises Sierra. Also using Raja Davis hes been solid contact
Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #190
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

GUYS important question: Is that glitch that dont allow you to bring up players on rehab stint still in 2k13? I currently just got Encarnacion back from injury but hes on a 5 game rehab stint. My AAA team only has 2 games left before their season over, and they wont be making the playoffs....IF GLITCH STILL IN GAME how can I get EE back to my team? hes 2nd in HR and RBI on my team and I will need him for playoffs!

Thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 0

For the question of EE, I play every game so I haven't gotten nearly to the playoffs but I think once the minors season is over you should be able to get him back you just need to call him up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #192
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganzy33
For the question of EE, I play every game so I haven't gotten nearly to the playoffs but I think once the minors season is over you should be able to get him back you just need to call him up!
Nope minor league season is over and I cant call EE up because it says he hasn't completed his rehab stint. This was the worst thing about 2k12 and I see its not fixed. Now I have to go without a great bat in the playoffs. This sucks . If anyone knows a way around it please help

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »