Home

MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #249
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB 2K13: The Franchise Mode Thread

I edit the names/stats of fake players to real players in AAA ...makes it more fun
Old 05-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #250
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey guys, this is my first thread in a while, it's going to be long so bear with me here! I started a rebuild with the Miami Marlins. Baisically wht I did was trade the couple good players with other players for better players, and I packaged together younger guys for better guys. My record through April has been 19-3, I play every game. Here is my team;

C-Willin Rosario
1B-Ike Davis
2B-Derek Dietrich
SS-Starlin Castro
3B-Mark Trumbo
RF-Giancarlo Stanton
CF-Jacoby Ellsbury
LF-Cristian Yelich

SP1- Matt Harvey
SP2- Chris Archer
SP3- Jose Fernandez
SP4- Dylan Bundy
SP5- Ricky Nolasco

Bench:

C-Rob Brantley
1B-Logan Morrison
2B-Josh Rutledge
LF-Andruw Jones
RF-Marcell Ozuna

Bullpen includes Jacob Turner, Jon Rauch, Steve Chisek, a couple other guys, too. I have a couple 1/5 stars pitching prospects and a couple 2/4 batting prospects. As you can see I like power and speed. I like Castro but he either stinks or I stink with him. If he doesn't improve in the next couple games, can you give me some suggestions of who I should trade him for? Any ideas or questions in general?

Ben
Old 05-26-2013, 02:26 AM   #251
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

The injuries I've mentioned have gotten so bad for my Twins that I've only had 5 players play all 17 games since I started the season. I had to pick up Jose Lopez (Rockies free agent) because I lost 2 3rd basemen to injuries and will just demote the fake player when the DL time ends I guess. Still waiting for them to have Justin Morneau get injured now that Willingham has a bruised hip.. gonna just put him as a DH and see what happens. Not even the real Twins, as bad as they are, are THIS injured

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2013, 04:49 AM   #252
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganzy33
Hey guys, this is my first thread in a while, it's going to be long so bear with me here! I started a rebuild with the Miami Marlins. Baisically wht I did was trade the couple good players with other players for better players, and I packaged together younger guys for better guys. My record through April has been 19-3, I play every game. Here is my team;

C-Willin Rosario
1B-Ike Davis
2B-Derek Dietrich
SS-Starlin Castro
3B-Mark Trumbo
RF-Giancarlo Stanton
CF-Jacoby Ellsbury
LF-Cristian Yelich

SP1- Matt Harvey
SP2- Chris Archer
SP3- Jose Fernandez
SP4- Dylan Bundy
SP5- Ricky Nolasco

Bench:

C-Rob Brantley
1B-Logan Morrison
2B-Josh Rutledge
LF-Andruw Jones
RF-Marcell Ozuna

Bullpen includes Jacob Turner, Jon Rauch, Steve Chisek, a couple other guys, too. I have a couple 1/5 stars pitching prospects and a couple 2/4 batting prospects. As you can see I like power and speed. I like Castro but he either stinks or I stink with him. If he doesn't improve in the next couple games, can you give me some suggestions of who I should trade him for? Any ideas or questions in general?

Ben
Man, looks like you are exploiting the trade AI pretty bad.......I mean that you were able to bring in Castro, Davis, Harvey, Bundy, Archer, Ellsbury, Trumbo AND kept Stanton. Just wow.

A suggestion in general would be it might be more fun/competitive without cheesing the trade AI, just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
The injuries I've mentioned have gotten so bad for my Twins that I've only had 5 players play all 17 games since I started the season. I had to pick up Jose Lopez (Rockies free agent) because I lost 2 3rd basemen to injuries and will just demote the fake player when the DL time ends I guess. Still waiting for them to have Justin Morneau get injured now that Willingham has a bruised hip.. gonna just put him as a DH and see what happens. Not even the real Twins, as bad as they are, are THIS injured
Where's your injury slider at? It seems like 10-15 is good for 2K13.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #253
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHMN69
Injury slider?
If it's on 15ish, that many injuries sucks.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #254
Rookie

OVR: 0

I was just wondering about fantasy draft in franchise mode - if anyone else has ever tried what I do.

I go through a fake draft and then write down where people go that I want to get, and I try to keep most if not all my players really young ones. For instance, when I drafted, I went Bumgarner/Yoenis/Desmond Jennings/Dan (prospect pitcher)/Eric Hosmer/Camden Graves/Jimmy Grimmage, etc. Most of my positions had some subpar players, but then I trade.

Mainly I was wondering: does anyone else do these types of trades? I trade my subpar players combined with minor leaguers for better players. For instance, I traded Saltalamacchia for a prospect catcher by the name of Evan something, can't remember, but he has good power and ovrl of 80. I traded Hosmer for Edwin Encarnocion (this was near impossible), and my 73 ovr second baseman for Jason Kipnis, traded my SS for Asdrubal, and got some stellar pitching also...

Now I haven't played this game for awhile, plus I'm on Legend and I lost my first game, but I'll adjust. My team is 99 pitching, 88 batting, 96 overall.
My Player SP: Taken out bottom 9 2 outs with a perfect game going (my bad luck)
Old 06-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #255
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Yes, people do that. It's called cheesing. Any time you make a series of deals that starts with a poor player and works up to a solid player, that's cheesing the trade AI. You can play however it's fun for you, but I wish they'd make the trade AI so it was harder to trade your way into an all star team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #256
Rookie

TigersBoy's Arena

OVR: 2

I picked the Padres cause in wanted an ok/bad team. My team is

C:Gattis
1B:Ruggiano
2B:Gyorko
SS:Cabrera
3B:Headley