Home

Guys, you need to check out 2K12

This is a discussion on Guys, you need to check out 2K12 within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #41
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Guys, you need to check out 2K12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStars15
Last question, does mkharsh33's current 2013 rosters also include the players in AAA and AA of each organization? Waiting on the answer to this question to go and buy MLB2K12.
Yup. Do yourself a favor. Get some beers and read the updated 2k12 roster thread. Tons of info on there All of which is cool. Also check the anticiation attribute thread to see what that edit is all about. Real cool stuff, Great community effort
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Trust us - just go buy 2K12 for the 360... We don't have "full" minors, but we have highly extensive minors. TONS of prospects and critical AAA guys. This file goes back to last year. And the guys with the REDitor have added the Astros to the AL along with the correct 2013 schedule. And all you need is the roster file to get this - nothing more. If you have xbox live, just get them from 2K Share (gamertag: mkharsh33 - it will be obvious as my files are the top 5 most downloaded.) It was a collective effort here, but to get the attention we've used my gamertag due to the name recognition it gets. You can also get an awesome 1998 roster file that's in the works...
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #43
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Trust us - just go buy 2K12 for the 360... We don't have "full" minors, but we have highly extensive minors. TONS of prospects and critical AAA guys. This file goes back to last year. And the guys with the REDitor have added the Astros to the AL along with the correct 2013 schedule. And all you need is the roster file to get this - nothing more. If you have xbox live, just get them from 2K Share (gamertag: mkharsh33 - it will be obvious as my files are the top 5 most downloaded.) It was a collective effort here, but to get the attention we've used my gamertag due to the name recognition it gets. You can also get an awesome 1998 roster file that's in the works...

I commend the time and effort you guys put into this, managing an all-30 team franchise and conducting the daily roster management there, I can only imagine how time consuming it is for an effort like you all have put together.

One thing I noticed when I started a new chise w/ the 2013 roster set is that while Houston was no longer in the NL Central, they were also not coming up in the AL West in my franchise.

There looked to be some sort of an error where there was a 0-0 record and no team associate with it.

Was this supposed to happen? Am I supposed to see Houston on the Division/League Standings or due to this change in the roster set does it make that menu error?

I simulated to April 10th and was about to play, but when I say that I could not pull up Houston's record for the League or Division standings pages I opted not to invest time in the event there would be some kind of corrupted file etc.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm seeing a very similar thing. Whenever I go look in the division standing the Astros are in the AL West, but my team (Rangers) are not in the division. Instead, there is a blank team in the NL central with a 0-0 record. Curious as to why this is.

Otherwise, these rosters are absolutely unbelievable. Very great work and really appreciate your time and effort.
Dallas Mavericks
Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStars15
I'm seeing a very similar thing. Whenever I go look in the division standing the Astros are in the AL West, but my team (Rangers) are not in the division. Instead, there is a blank team in the NL central with a 0-0 record. Curious as to why this is.

Otherwise, these rosters are absolutely unbelievable. Very great work and really appreciate your time and effort.
There are 6 teams hardcoded into the game in NL Central when you remove the Astros it leaves a blank spot where thy used to be. The AL West ishardcoded with only 4 spots so when you add the Astros making it 5 the team in last place won't show up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #46
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
There are 6 teams hardcoded into the game in NL Central when you remove the Astros it leaves a blank spot where thy used to be. The AL West ishardcoded with only 4 spots so when you add the Astros making it 5 the team in last place won't show up.
So does this really affect anything drastically? I'm probably gonna play as the Stros when I get the game. Can't stand 2k11 anymore.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjphillips
So does this really affect anything drastically? I'm probably gonna play as the Stros when I get the game. Can't stand 2k11 anymore.

No it only affects the ability to see the team in last place in the AL West. If you sim from the schedule screen it does however show all 5 teams. The blank spot in the NL Central has no affect whatsoever.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:44 AM   #48
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvman
No it only affects the ability to see the team in last place in the AL West. If you sim from the schedule screen it does however show all 5 teams. The blank spot in the NL Central has no affect whatsoever.
Thank you Sir. It should be here by 4/20. I'm excited. 2k11 was beginning to annoy me. I really just want a game that doesn't have game killing wtf moments that send me back to choops 2k8. The game I'm currently playing at 2:43 in the morning. Ha!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »