Home

Ratings Calculator!!! (download enclosed)

This is a discussion on Ratings Calculator!!! (download enclosed) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Ratings Calculator!!! (download enclosed)

It's not a program per se, just a spreadsheet, so I'm not sure what's going on there.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUlions15
I keep opening the program and it just takes me to Windows Media Center, but the program didn't come up. What am I doing wrong?
Open where the file is and right click on it, and go to "open with" and choose Excel Spreadsheet. Its an excel file
Old 03-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 21

I dl Lahman's db in spreadsheet form and have been tooling around copying in oldtime teams and see if I can get the ratings calc to work. Can't figure out why calc is finding player name on next tab where I dumped player data but it does not pick up the correct line items for the actual player data along side the name...like the Lookup is not working right. Still at it...

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #36
Pro

Awesome, hope it works! If so, I will totally share credit with you for the program!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:45 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't have a database on historical players but I made a sheet that has 3 year split stats for ~600 players. I have another sheet that has ZIP projections for 2011.

I changed some of the formulas around.. I took a look at what TripleThreat is working on and I was experimenting with his projection eqn's. But if anyone is interested in the spreadsheet speak up and I'll upload it. I did have to do quite a bit of work to gather the data for the 3 year splits and rearrange it in the spreadsheet. I also have drop down menus programmed in so when you click on a player it'll retrieve stats from the other sheets.

I was just messing around doing all of this. I didn't know how to create the drop down menus or use lookup functions to retrieve data from multiple sheets but after playing around I was able to figure it out.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I dl Lahman's db in spreadsheet form and have been tooling around copying in oldtime teams and see if I can get the ratings calc to work. Can't figure out why calc is finding player name on next tab where I dumped player data but it does not pick up the correct line items for the actual player data along side the name...like the Lookup is not working right. Still at it...

C
I got it to work for historical players but the problem is there is no Split info and it looks like all that would have to be entered by hand. But at least I can get it to do the rating based on the standard input parameters contained in the spreadsheet.

Also, Lahman does not have PAs in the spreadsheet I dl, so the ratings are not being generated unless manually input. That data is in baseball reference database online though...so when I put it in it does work.

C

Last edited by capa; 03-21-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #39
Banned

I attached a sample here for you guys to take a look at. Thanks to the previous editors and creators...I did not create this spreadsheet...only edited to see if I could get classic players to generate Ratings.

C
Attached Files
File Type: rar Ratings Calculator CA.rar (11.6 KB, 112 views)
Old 03-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #40
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

OVR: 3

I'd be willing to help out anyway possible...I need someway to redo the ratings because they are almost unplayable out of the box.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »