Home

2012 OSFM:Cincinnati Reds

This is a discussion on 2012 OSFM:Cincinnati Reds within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2012 OSFM:Cincinnati Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8Ordie
Hey guys...

i was just wondering if anyone here has downloaded the Cincinnati prospects I uploaded to the vault; and if I could get some feedback on them. I would like to be involved sometime with the FM rosters, but I think I got a late start on talking about it this year. I do have experience with excel and lots of experience editing baseball rosters on video games. (ha)

At any rate, the players I uploaded are as follows:

Billy Hamilton SS (Reds #2 prospect) - 114 dls
Didi Gregorius SS (Reds #7 prospect) - 57 dls
Donnie Joseph CP (Reds #10 prospect) - 39 dls
Neftali Soto 1B (Reds #9 prospect) - 62 dls

I also uploaded a couple of rosters:

"Redlegs" (described as 'Reds 40 man with full minors') - 95 dls; 50% rated
"Reds 40 man 3.7" - 15 dls

Anyone used any of these? Any feedback (including a roasting) is appreciated.
Tried out Billy Hamilton. I think his contact is too low, so his is br ability and br aggressiveness. He stole 103 bases in 120 attepmts last season. He should be elite in terms of aggressiveness and well above average in ability due to his efficiency. He hit like .280 last season, he's probably a .275 max hitter in the majors so idk. He's also got a plus arm but you only have him as a 39. I know you're planning for progression but I think he's already better than you're giving him credit for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #26
Rookie

rupe's Arena

OVR: 7

In the past I used http://redlegsbaseball.blogspot.com/ for info. He has write ups, pics and some videos of the top prospects. Great for faces,stances, deliveries, and equipment edits. He has not done much for 2012 yet but still has info on his blog for the past couple of years.
Old 03-14-2012, 04:59 PM   #27
Rookie

n8Ordie's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tduma91
Tried out Billy Hamilton. I think his contact is too low, so his is br ability and br aggressiveness. He stole 103 bases in 120 attepmts last season. He should be elite in terms of aggressiveness and well above average in ability due to his efficiency. He hit like .280 last season, he's probably a .275 max hitter in the majors so idk. He's also got a plus arm but you only have him as a 39. I know you're planning for progression but I think he's already better than you're giving him credit for.
I definately low-balled; I thought that was a better option than the alternative, and I was trying to plan for progression.

Thanks for checking it out for me, I appreciate your feedback.

103 steals...ikr!!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #28
Rookie

rupe's Arena

OVR: 7

Let me know if you need help with the faces. I did them for 2010 and really enjoyed it and got pretty good at it.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #29
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tduma91
Tried out Billy Hamilton. He's also got a plus arm but you only have him as a 39. I know you're planning for progression but I think he's already better than you're giving him credit for.
This is the review of Billy Hamilton from Baseball Prospectus...

The Good: To say Hamilton is an 80 runner does not do justice to the impact his speed has on the game. He has been known to go from first to third on singles to left field, has scored from second on sacrifice flies, and is a threat to steal both second and third whenever he reaches base. Beyond the wheels, he gets excellent jumps and has been successful in 84 percent of his attempts. He improved his approach and simplified his swing as the season wore on and hit .318/.382/.387 after the All-Star break. He has plenty of range at shortstop.
The Bad: Range is really Hamilton's only plus ability defensively. His footwork gets sloppy and scouts debate whether he has the arm for the left side of the infield, with most wanting to see him end up in centerfield. He has well below-average power, with many of his mere 30 extra-base hits in 2011 coming when he ran singles into doubles.

(Based on this review, I think what I have read on this CAP sounds right. Hamilton is not projected to play SS at the big league level due to a mediocre arm. A 39 may be low, but a "plus arm" is by no means accurate.)

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-18-2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: additional info added.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
This is the review of Billy Hamilton from Baseball Prospectus...

The Good: To say Hamilton is an 80 runner does not do justice to the impact his speed has on the game. He has been known to go from first to third on singles to left field, has scored from second on sacrifice flies, and is a threat to steal both second and third whenever he reaches base. Beyond the wheels, he gets excellent jumps and has been successful in 84 percent of his attempts. He improved his approach and simplified his swing as the season wore on and hit .318/.382/.387 after the All-Star break. He has plenty of range at shortstop.
The Bad: Range is really Hamilton's only plus ability defensively. His footwork gets sloppy and scouts debate whether he has the arm for the left side of the infield, with most wanting to see him end up in centerfield. He has well below-average power, with many of his mere 30 extra-base hits in 2011 coming when he ran singles into doubles.

(Based on this review, I think what I have read on this CAP sounds right. Hamilton is not projected to play SS at the big league level due to a mediocre arm. A 39 may be low, but a "plus arm" is by no means accurate.)
Plus arm might be a stretch but he has incredible reaction time and speed when running down ground balls. He should make at least a decent middle infielder.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:37 PM   #31
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Guys...
Just FYI...
bohica PM'ed me and told me had had to bail out.
I just don't want you guys thinking he still had these as a project.

I'm sorry for the confusion as he led me to believe he was working on the project almost solo.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2012, 11:15 PM   #32
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Because I want the Reds roster as accurate as possible...here's some pitching edits (based off of latest online update):

Johnny Cueto:

Pitch 1: 2 Seam FB

Velocity: 82 (93.4 MPH)
Control: 73
Break: 68

Pitch 2: Slider

Velocity: 44 (82.6 MPH)
Control: 68
Break: 70

Pitch 3: Running FB

Velocity: 73 (92 MPH)
Control: 63
Break: 66

Pitch 4: Change-up

Velocity: 24 (83.7 MPH)
Control: 49
Break: 65

Mat Latos

Pitch 1: Running FB

Velocity: 80 (93.6 MPH)
Control: 72
Break: 50

Pitch 2: Slider

Velocity: 47 (83.2 MPH)
Control: 65
Break: 58

Pitch 3: 2 Seam FB

Velocity: 74 (91.8 MPH)
Control: 63
Break: 48

Pitch 4: Curveball

Velocity: 58 (77.6 MPH)
Control: 61
Break: 72

Pitch 5: Change up

Velocity: 31 (82.5 MPH)
Control: 72
Break: 64

I'll have more in a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »