Home

MLB the Show 2011 PSP Roster update (2013)

This is a discussion on MLB the Show 2011 PSP Roster update (2013) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MLB the Show 2011 PSP Roster update (2013)

For people who want the most up to date baseball experience on a handheld, who don't own a Vita. I updated the roster over the last few weeks, every 25 man roster is current, but I decided not to make adjustments for injuries, but pretty much every player who is playing now is either in the majors, or on the AAA roster. The lineups are based on cbssports most frequently used lineups, in most cases. I tried to create at least 1-2 of the top prospects for each team, but there's not a lot of create spots or editable players.

The FA list is a mess, I dropped a bunch of players that are retired for sure to zero so no team picks them up or uses them, others that are playing in Japan were left. Some need to go to the correct teams, but that is a lot of moves, and very tedious with this system.

If anyone wants to fix whats left, be my guest. Just share so others can enjoy.

new file in fifth post.....

Last edited by Nick165561; 05-20-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: MLB the Show 2011 PSP Roster update (2013)

It's franchise time! Thanks for everything, NICK~!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #3
Rookie

You're welcome, enjoy.

Update - I made two fixes; created Freddy Garcia, and Jeremy Hefner, and decided to go through each teams entire aaa roster and make sure every player belongs there. Its very tedious with having to make trades over and over, and no more cap spots. So far Bal, Bos, and Nyy, are done. I don't know if it's possible, with all the moves, and retirements since 2011, but I'll try to get as close as possible, and release that when I'm done.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
Rookie

I have an update coming, hopefully by Sunday evening. It will be my last until the deadline if i choose to release one again, as this is as perfect as possible with the many limitations of this game and how old it is.

New:
New moves - new FA signings (Sanchez, etc.)

Every team, major, and minor is as close as possible, nearly every player on the team belongs there.

I put many retired players on AAA teams (preferably their ex teams) with 0 stats, so the FA pool is mostly filled with real FA's who could still play again eventually.

All lineups and rotations are current except I corrected for injuries, meaning Jeter, A-Rod, Santana, etc. are playing, in case you want to start a fresh season.

I went through and made sure nearly every starter has an accurate jersey number.

Did people enjoy the first one? Nearly 350 views and one post. Feedback is appreciated, this is going to end up being over a month of work for me. This one will be much better too.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Next Update, and last until at least the deadline. I completely fixed everything I could.

- Rosters, Rotations, Lineups accurate as of 5/19 *
(I accounted for injuries, so Players like Jeter, A-Rod, Santana, are still playing). This is for people who want to start a fresh season.

- I created some of the top prospects and left them in AAA. Not many free spots for editable, or create a players though.

- Almost all the Free Agents are real Free Agents, playing in Japan or available now. This will be better for season, and updating.

- All retired players I know of have 0 stats and are on AAA teams, so the computer controlled teams shouldn't use them. I tried to put them on their former teams, but it wasn't always possible.

- Any free agent signings, or trades that happened recently were also done, if possible. (Zambrano, Sanchez, Reimel, Bell, etc.)

- I went through every single player and made sure their number was correct, if possible I fixed it. Fixed looks of a few too.

- No duplicate players like in the last update.

- Tried to make the teams ratings closer to current, Astros 30, Marlins 29, Rangers 2 but some would take too much editing to make worse and may not be realistic for throughout the season (Dodgers).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/df0pke

Hope it's appreciated. This was a lot of work, especially on my schedule.

Last edited by Nick165561; 05-19-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
Rookie

GoJays09's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick165561
Next Update, and last until at least the deadline. I completely fixed everything I could.

- Rosters, Rotations, Lineups accurate as of 5/19 *
(I accounted for injuries, so Players like Jeter, A-Rod, Santana, are still playing). This is for people who want to start a fresh season.

- I created some of the top prospects and left them in AAA. Not many free spots for editable, or create a players though.

- Almost all the Free Agents are real Free Agents, playing in Japan or available now. This will be better for season, and updating.

- All retired players I know of have 0 stats and are on AAA teams, so the computer controlled teams shouldn't use them. I tried to put them on their former teams, but it wasn't always possible.

- Any free agent signings, or trades that happened recently were also done, if possible. (Zambrano, Sanchez, Reimel, Bell, etc.)

- I went through every single player and made sure their number was correct, if possible I fixed it. Fixed looks of a few too.

- No duplicate players like in the last update.

- Tried to make the teams ratings closer to current, Astros 30, Marlins 29, Rangers 2 but some would take too much editing to make worse and may not be realistic for throughout the season (Dodgers).

http://www.sendspace.com/file/df0pke

Hope it's appreciated. This was a lot of work, especially on my schedule.
Thank you very much for all the hard work on this update. It must have been very difficult to complete, kudos to you man!

Old 05-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #7
Rookie

Thank you. Yes it was, lol.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Update, I'm still working on this project for anyone interested. Made a lot of moves, prospects created, added (Puig, Myers, etc.). All trades that happened so far made, where possible. Still limited by spots, but it's over 90% accurate. Will update here after the deadline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »